Will doing a wipe with a factory image ensure future normal channel (non beta) updates is what I'm wondering!

I'm halfway through joining their beta release program.

Which would you suggest for me.

(I'm a techie so the beta will not bother me that much - asking your opinion purely on your experience standpoint since I'm new to bb)

Thank you.
    I'm not sure if the "beta" program is still open, but I wiped my old Priv with an autoloader and it still seems to get updates from the program.

However, it's not really a "beta" program: of the about two dozen or so OS releases from all device programs put together, only one hasn't been released to the general public. It's more like user-sourced QA, in that it's just the release build plus bug report capabilities.
    01-12-17 03:54 PM
    I'm not sure if the "beta" program is still open, but I wiped my old Priv with an autoloader and it still seems to get updates from the program.

However, it's not really a "beta" program: of the about two dozen or so OS releases from all device programs put together, only one hasn't been released to the general public. It's more like user-sourced QA, in that it's just the release build plus bug report capabilities.
    Thank you for replying.

I guess I'll try to get on the beta program for the DTEK50 then. I got the email invite after signing up for BlackBerry beta and adding my device (DTEK50) to my profile along with my serial number.

I'm currently in the process of joining the program (awaiting their 1business day wait for adding my serial to their mix/program) - fingers crossed

Reading the post on the beta site led me to understand that the priv beta program is closed though.

If for some reason I don't get to join the beta program will have to do a reload. Hoping the beta program will enable me to receive updates without having to do that.

Thanks again!
    01-12-17 04:04 PM
    I finally got my Dec update. Went from July to Dec.
    Attached Thumbnails New Beta Update DTEK50-screenshot_20170113-165939.jpg  
    01-13-17 05:15 PM
    I finally got my Dec update. Went from July to Dec.
    I concur however at the moment I have insufficient space (ordered a MicroSD card) and from the screen cannot confirm if it is indeed the Dec update - but yeah am totally happy to receive it

01-13-17 06:27 PM
    553.6mb was the same as mine. It should be Dec. update took 1 1/2hr to download but I'm happy I finally got my first update. My PRIV is always on time & so are my BB10 devices.
    01-13-17 06:32 PM
    553.6mb was the same as mine. It should be Dec. update took 1 1/2hr to download but I'm happy I finally got my first update. My PRIV is always on time & so are my BB10 devices.
    Couldn't wait, made some space on the phone and updated! Yipeekayay! Thanks folks!

01-13-17 09:25 PM
    Awesome!!!
    01-14-17 02:33 PM
    Just got another beta update notice..
    Attached Thumbnails New Beta Update DTEK50-screenshot_20170114-130438.jpg  
    01-14-17 03:05 PM
    Me too! Not really :/ still waiting for the email from them giving the go ahead to do the token thing , patiently waiting...
    01-14-17 05:29 PM
    Jan build?
    01-14-17 05:40 PM
    Thats good news that blackberry finally concern about dtek50 that has left behind for security updates.
    01-15-17 05:07 AM
    Confirm its january update.
    Attached Thumbnails New Beta Update DTEK50-screenshot_20170115-184641.jpg  
    01-15-17 05:47 AM
    I just got the update last night as well. Build AAI795 which is the January 5th update
    01-15-17 06:22 AM
    Had to manually check buy mine is there. Only 56mb. Time to restart
    01-15-17 08:44 AM
    Thats good news that blackberry finally concern about dtek50 that has left behind for security updates.
    DTEK50 was never left behind. Sure, monthly security updates were a little late, but we have so far received every monthly update since the phone was released (at least those of us who bought it directly from Shop BlackBerry).
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    01-15-17 11:28 AM
    DTEK50 was never left behind. Sure, monthly security updates were a little late, but we have so far received every monthly update since the phone was released (at least those of us who bought it directly from Shop BlackBerry).
    good point. Left behind means not getting an OS upgrade. ie. galaxy s4 not getting nougat
    01-15-17 03:34 PM
    I'm guessing everyone who is following this thread is a beta tester - need help

I got the email inviting me to the beta program.

I got the email to generate tokens and did so.

Following the steps at beta blackberry I restarted the phone and am stuck at #6 of the instructions i.e.

I get the "Reset Survey" and I click on "Not a problem" and then "Submit"

I am not getting the next prompt below though:
    A minute or two after the reboot, a Device Log Collection window will appear -- Tap Enabled

and subsequent dialogs in the instructions don't appear :/

any advise / help?
    01-17-17 04:27 PM
    I'm guessing everyone who is following this thread is a beta tester - need help

I got the email inviting me to the beta program.

I got the email to generate tokens and did so.

Following the steps at beta blackberry I restarted the phone and am stuck at #6 of the instructions i.e.

I get the "Reset Survey" and I click on "Not a problem" and then "Submit"

I am not getting the next prompt below though:
    A minute or two after the reboot, a Device Log Collection window will appear -- Tap Enabled

and subsequent dialogs in the instructions don't appear :/

any advise / help?
    I dont believe I got that either. Within 24 hrs I still got the update though
    01-17-17 05:26 PM
    I dont believe I got that either. Within 24 hrs I still got the update though
    Thanks for replying, will wait patiently
    01-17-17 07:14 PM
    Welcome back blackberry!! Got the December update last week which great in and of itself but this morning, lo and behold I got the January update!!! Great start of the new year so far. I'm guessing the fact that the Dtek50 (not the dtek60 though). Got an award at the CES, frome the CES organization itself, may have helped blackberry realize that the Dtek50 does have its own followers due to size, design and so many other reasons. Also TCL would not be happy to start the new agreement with a bunch of disenchanted customers due to software update issues I'd imagine. Whatever the reason, seems we're back in business.
    01-17-17 08:08 PM
    Sorry I'm just curious, will we still get beta update if we factory reset our phone and not register token or enable developer mode etc?
    01-18-17 08:42 AM
    Sorry I'm just curious, will we still get beta update if we factory reset our phone and not register token or enable developer mode etc?
    I think so.
    01-18-17 09:46 AM
    good point. Left behind means not getting an OS upgrade. ie. galaxy s4 not getting nougat
    Fair point.
    01-18-17 06:39 PM
    AAI795 out in beta. Small. About 68MB.
    Dated Jan 5.
    01-18-17 08:32 PM
    I posted yesterday having received the January update AAI795 and I'm not part of the Beta Zone.
    01-18-17 10:04 PM
53 123