Well, had the June update a few days ago, and, after the required 'reboot' phone will now only connect on 'E' (edge) network, whereas before the update, had 4G, H+, (and 3G occasionally). Now, 'E' is all I can get. Have done a reboot, no change, also resorted to a complete Factory reset (again! done a few of these lately to 'solve' problems) but still only 'E'.
    Swapped the sim from my Z10, (which works on 4G, H+ brilliantly in the Z10) to the Dtek..... 'E' only, yet the sim from the Dtek works on 4G & H+ in the Z10!!!
    Have checked the settings in the Dtek, and mobile networks is set to 4G/3G/2G (auto) just as it always is, but nothing....
    So, currently using my Z10 as my main phone, rather than as a works phone, (Dtek now relegated to work phone, as really only need calls and texts, occasionally internet) As phone now 18 months old, out of warranty, and basically, nobody wants to accept responsibility for the problem...(surprise, surprise)..Appears the only thing that changed was the update??
    So possibly time to replace the Dtek with something else, sadly, it won't be another Blackberry I'm afraid..Something a bit more reliable I think..
    Nizar Maaroufi likes this.
    06-21-18 04:04 PM
    Same here. Everything was working sweet until I updated (I knew I shouldn't update)... I double checked everything and set the APN to LTE only.

It work to keep switching Data to ON/OFF several times before finally having it running on 4G.

That's why I never update, If it's not broken don't fix it
    06-28-18 11:26 AM
    So, after 3 weeks trying to get this fixed, have finally given up, and looking to buy a new (non blackberry) phone...
    Blackberry UK not interested, (out of warranty, Blackberry no longer responsible for phone) BBMo, 'haven't heard of this problem from any other users, probably a hardware fault, as out of warranty, would suggest purchasing a new phone' (ie: Keyone/two)
    Went through the routine with them, 'have you tried a reset, have you done a factory reset, have you tried removing sim/trying another sim in phone, etc..(which I have, and no success with any of them)
    So, still using a Z10 at moment as daily driver, and it's rock solid after over 4 years! (more than I can say for the Dtek50!!)
    So I am looking at alternatives, ie Nokia 864gb for £220, or even a Moto G4 for £150 (even that has Nougat!) rather than the silly money for Keyone, leave alone the vastly overpriced Keytwo...
    Really need something RELIABLE, and something SUPPORTED, (quality over substance!!)
    Shame, but there it goes....If no help forthcoming now, what sort of hope is there for the future??
    07-08-18 04:42 PM
    So, after 3 weeks trying to get this fixed, have finally given up, and looking to buy a new (non blackberry) phone...
    Blackberry UK not interested, (out of warranty, Blackberry no longer responsible for phone) BBMo, 'haven't heard of this problem from any other users, probably a hardware fault, as out of warranty, would suggest purchasing a new phone' (ie: Keyone/two)
    Went through the routine with them, 'have you tried a reset, have you done a factory reset, have you tried removing sim/trying another sim in phone, etc..(which I have, and no success with any of them)
    So, still using a Z10 at moment as daily driver, and it's rock solid after over 4 years! (more than I can say for the Dtek50!!)
    So I am looking at alternatives, ie Nokia 864gb for £220, or even a Moto G4 for £150 (even that has Nougat!) rather than the silly money for Keyone, leave alone the vastly overpriced Keytwo...
    Really need something RELIABLE, and something SUPPORTED, (quality over substance!!)
    Shame, but there it goes....If no help forthcoming now, what sort of hope is there for the future??
    I’d look for the OEM that supports hardware no longer in warranty period the best. Just email companies and have them guarantee same thing won’t happen or if same thing happens, it will be covered.
    07-08-18 06:04 PM
    Sadly, it's not just the 'support out of warranty' it's the attitude of the 'support' system.
    Blackberry themselves were extremely 'rude' almost 'offhand/not interested/couldn't care less' attitude, despite the fact the phone is only 20+ month old (and EOL as well!!). The 'attitude' could have at least have been a bit more 'positive' the guy seemed like it was too much trouble to even bother replying!!
    BBMo, same really applies, despite actually telling them what I had done to try to sort out the problem, (soft reset, factory reset, etc) the guy STILL insisted I try them again 'and get back to him if it didn't work' end of conversation...
    Motorola, on the other hand, show what 'service' is really like. Sons G4 went into a 'bootloop' after a software update, but was a week or so outside warranty. Phoned Motorola, explained problem, got put through to a tech, who ran through some tests and things to try. No luck, so, tech says to return to Motorola to repair, even though just out of warranty. They e-mailed us a return slip and a postage label same day. Phone sent off later that same day, and, 48hrs later, Motorola e-mailed to say they had received phone and logged it into their system. 48 hrs later, e-mail to say phone was on its way back, had been reflashed, and tested, all working correctly. Cost...nothing, invoice marked as 'goodwill gesture, as just OOW. 24 hrs later, phone received by us.
    48 hrs later, e-mail from Motorola to check we were happy with the repairs, and thanking us for our custom!!
    OK, don't expect the same from BBmo/Blackberry, but, when you compare the 2. The Moto g$ came with 'M' same as my Dtek50......G4 has been updated to 'N' free, and therefore 2 more years of updates than my Dtek, yet, the G4 cost £50 less than the Dtek.
    It's not just about support after warranty, it's about the whole companies attitude to their customers. Sadly, BBMo/Blackberry have nowhere near 'decent' support of anything..
    Motorola still supporting the G4...BBMo/Blackberry basically 'ignoring' Dteks..
    More about 'honesty' and 'integrity' and 'sympathetic support' rather than 'tough luck' and a 'shrug of the shoulders' attitude that I received from BBMo/Blackberry....
    07-09-18 09:54 AM
    Sadly, it's not just the 'support out of warranty' it's the attitude of the 'support' system.
    Blackberry themselves were extremely 'rude' almost 'offhand/not interested/couldn't care less' attitude, despite the fact the phone is only 20+ month old (and EOL as well!!). The 'attitude' could have at least have been a bit more 'positive' the guy seemed like it was too much trouble to even bother replying!!
    BBMo, same really applies, despite actually telling them what I had done to try to sort out the problem, (soft reset, factory reset, etc) the guy STILL insisted I try them again 'and get back to him if it didn't work' end of conversation...
    Motorola, on the other hand, show what 'service' is really like. Sons G4 went into a 'bootloop' after a software update, but was a week or so outside warranty. Phoned Motorola, explained problem, got put through to a tech, who ran through some tests and things to try. No luck, so, tech says to return to Motorola to repair, even though just out of warranty. They e-mailed us a return slip and a postage label same day. Phone sent off later that same day, and, 48hrs later, Motorola e-mailed to say they had received phone and logged it into their system. 48 hrs later, e-mail to say phone was on its way back, had been reflashed, and tested, all working correctly. Cost...nothing, invoice marked as 'goodwill gesture, as just OOW. 24 hrs later, phone received by us.
    48 hrs later, e-mail from Motorola to check we were happy with the repairs, and thanking us for our custom!!
    OK, don't expect the same from BBmo/Blackberry, but, when you compare the 2. The Moto g$ came with 'M' same as my Dtek50......G4 has been updated to 'N' free, and therefore 2 more years of updates than my Dtek, yet, the G4 cost £50 less than the Dtek.
    It's not just about support after warranty, it's about the whole companies attitude to their customers. Sadly, BBMo/Blackberry have nowhere near 'decent' support of anything..
    Motorola still supporting the G4...BBMo/Blackberry basically 'ignoring' Dteks..
    More about 'honesty' and 'integrity' and 'sympathetic support' rather than 'tough luck' and a 'shrug of the shoulders' attitude that I received from BBMo/Blackberry....
    Until Motorola is available with a PKB from AT&T, not much of a chance I’ll buy one. Even my VKB devices come from AT&T. Part of my reason is that, I can just return my devices to AT&T for warranty problems. The other reason, is I rely on enhanced calling features now.

That being said, if you’ve found a company that does what you need better, good for you. I don’t expect service from any company after terms have expired. That’s why they have terms of expiration. After that, depending on situation, I hope device functions as long as possible. When it fails, I shop around for best value device at time. Maybe the same brand and maybe not. Technology moves so fast now, that devices usually get replaced sooner anyways. Plus device insurance helps with the more expensive devices like Android/IOS flagships.
    07-09-18 10:12 AM
    Just go for Chinese unbranded phone. I bought Doogee T3 for dad years ago, still works like charm. I bought this DTEK50 and I regret to the bone! I look at the Key2 price when I need a laugh hhhhh
    07-10-18 07:29 AM
    Just go for Chinese unbranded phone. I bought Doogee T3 for dad years ago, still works like charm. I bought this DTEK50 and I regret to the bone! I look at the Key2 price when I need a laugh hhhhh
    Yup, lesson learned.
    Buy a 'cheap chinese unbranded phone' for peanuts, and it will last longer than the 'expensive branded (but cheaply made) chinese phone' only expensive because of the 'name' and the addition of a 'cheap' keyboard, and the phone won't last as long...

PS I have been a BB user from the days of the 8700, and up until my Z10, every phone had a PKB. I can live with/without a PKB, and therefore will not be held to ransom by BB regarding 'silly' prices for 'average spec' equipment, just because it has a PKB.
    Those who refuse to see that BB are taking advantage of their 'brainwashed' attitude to sell average spec/build phones for 'premium' prices, and, because users are so desperate to have a PKB, they will buy 'anything' that BB push out, regardless of it's quality or competitive spec/price.
    There are similar spec phones without the PKB at far, far more 'realistic' prices thanBB charge.
    Like a PKB, but certainly not 'hard wired/brainwashed' into having one at any price, as some seem to be.
    Nizar Maaroufi likes this.
    07-22-18 04:20 PM
    Yup, lesson learned.
    Buy a 'cheap chinese unbranded phone' for peanuts, and it will last longer than the 'expensive branded (but cheaply made) chinese phone' only expensive because of the 'name' and the addition of a 'cheap' keyboard, and the phone won't last as long...

PS I have been a BB user from the days of the 8700, and up until my Z10, every phone had a PKB. I can live with/without a PKB, and therefore will not be held to ransom by BB regarding 'silly' prices for 'average spec' equipment, just because it has a PKB.
    Those who refuse to see that BB are taking advantage of their 'brainwashed' attitude to sell average spec/build phones for 'premium' prices, and, because users are so desperate to have a PKB, they will buy 'anything' that BB push out, regardless of it's quality or competitive spec/price.
    There are similar spec phones without the PKB at far, far more 'realistic' prices thanBB charge.
    Like a PKB, but certainly not 'hard wired/brainwashed' into having one at any price, as some seem to be.
    What premium? BBMo devices run about 60% of premium hardware prices. I agree there’s plenty of cheaper devices out there. However, I wish I could buy premium devices in the KEYone, Motion and Key2 price range.
    07-22-18 08:30 PM