Hello everybody,

I try to remap the convenience key as a play/pause button and I think the app "Buttons remapper (no root)" can be the solution to this problem!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...remapper&hl=de

Does anyone know, how the convenience key is called in this app? In the category "other buttons" are a bunch of buttons listed, but I haven't found the convenience key yet!

Appreciate any help!
    Cheers
    Jan
    05-26-17 10:29 AM
    You may want to also contact the developer: irishin.apps@gmail.com
    05-26-17 12:57 PM
    I have already sent him an email three days ago but haven't received an answer yet!
    05-26-17 01:29 PM
    Hello everybody,

I try to remap the convenience key as a play/pause button and I think the app "Buttons remapper (no root)" can be the solution to this problem!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...remapper&hl=de

Does anyone know, how the convenience key is called in this app? In the category "other buttons" are a bunch of buttons listed, but I haven't found the convenience key yet!

Appreciate any help!
    Cheers
    Jan
    Any luck finding out?
    06-14-17 04:03 PM
    I have a dtek50 and used a variety of these key remapping apps. None of them worked. I wanted something that also allowed you to use the volume up / down buttons to change tracks.

The convenience key settings should have an option right there to allow you to use it as a mute / pause instead of assigning an app. Hopefully BlackBerry will just implement this feature in the future, along with one that allows you to long press the volume buttons to change tracks in any music app.
    06-14-17 04:40 PM
    I have a dtek50 and used a variety of these key remapping apps. None of them worked. I wanted something that also allowed you to use the volume up / down buttons to change tracks.

The convenience key settings should have an option right there to allow you to use it as a mute / pause instead of assigning an app. Hopefully BlackBerry will just implement this feature in the future, along with one that allows you to long press the volume buttons to change tracks in any music app.
    Frinky Media Controller kind of works for controlling music while screen is off, but it's kind of finnicky since they made it single click of volume key to change tracks. The volume will change for a second, then the track will change and I think the app changes the volume back after that...

Edit: I agree that the BB Launcher should bake those features in...
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-14-17 05:46 PM
    The convinience key is called :"Key_287"
    It doesn't show in the "other" list.

It still works. When you are in the "other shortcuts" list, press the convinience key and it will be recognised.
    Make sure you have cleared every action assigned to the convinience key by the stock settings app.
    09-12-18 04:06 AM