I dropped my DTEK50 about a month ago and got a small crack on the right side of the screen, near the convenience button. It was working fine until yesterday morning when the screen became unresponsive. Nothing works. Tapping anywhere registers no action.

I tried calling the customer service number on shopblackberry.com but they won't help me because I don't know the IMEI number. I can't get the IMEI number because I can't get into the phone and I no longer have the box in which the phone came in.

Anyone have any ideas short of attempting to replace the screen myself?
    11-15-17 06:21 AM
    Anyone have any ideas short of attempting to replace the screen myself?
    Call your carrier and see what IMEI they have registered. Once they give it to you, you can check it online and see what it is. Or they technically should know, but you know how carrier help is sometimes lol. Keep in mind, your IMEI doesn't ALWAYS update on their systems.
    11-15-17 07:25 AM
    Call your carrier and see what IMEI they have registered. Once they give it to you, you can check it online and see what it is. Or they technically should know, but you know how carrier help is sometimes lol. Keep in mind, your IMEI doesn't ALWAYS update on their systems.
    Thanks for recommending this.

T-Mobile reps were unfortunately unable to help me. Talked to two different reps and neither one of them could give me the IMEI.
    11-15-17 05:02 PM
    There's no guarantee that ShopBlackBerry will fix your phone. If you're in Canada this might be a better option:
    https://www.staples.ca/en/BlackBerry...3_1-CA_1_20001

$150 CDN
    big_time2 likes this.
    11-16-17 08:05 PM
    How about a hub? Connect it to hub, connect monitor and mouse. Like Win10 continuum. Woukd that work to access phone?
    11-16-17 09:14 PM
    Sim tray sometime has imei.
    big_time2 likes this.
    11-17-17 12:44 AM
    You can also put it into fastboot. And then run fastboot var all I think, it may provide imei. It definitely provides bsn (blackberry serial number)
    big_time2 likes this.
    11-17-17 12:46 AM
    Contact FineTechWin, Inc in Richardson, TX, (855) 368-0829 to repair it. They are the TCL Authorized repair center, and will fix it for $90.
    big_time2 likes this.
    11-18-17 11:55 AM
    Got my replacement k1 from them for my screen fallout. Just dropped the bad one in mail today.
    11-18-17 04:38 PM
    Got my replacement k1 from them for my screen fallout. Just dropped the bad one in mail today.
    How did you get them to do it? I called shopblackberry and I talked to a person, but they basically said I was SOL unless I could provide phone's IMEI.
    11-19-17 07:40 AM
    Contact FineTechWin, Inc in Richardson, TX, (855) 368-0829 to repair it. They are the TCL Authorized repair center, and will fix it for $90.
    Thanks for the info. I will give them a call tomorrow.
    11-19-17 07:43 AM
    You can also put it into fastboot. And then run fastboot var all I think, it may provide imei. It definitely provides bsn (blackberry serial number)
    Good idea. This wasn't something I even thought about. I'll give this a try when I get home from work. Thank you!
    11-19-17 07:44 AM
    Thanks for the info. I will give them a call tomorrow.
    Did they fix your DTEK50? If so, how much? Just checking back since they did a great job for me.
    11-26-17 06:38 AM
    Did they fix your DTEK50? If so, how much? Just checking back since they did a great job for me.
    They did not. No one helped me in this case. Not BlackBerry, not Shop BlackBerry, not T-Mobile, not FinTechWin. Everyone gave me a different excuse. FinTechWin told me because I purchased the phone 15 months ago, it was out of warranty and they couldn't help me. They offered to fix it for $135.

I ended up finding a "cell phone repair shop" one town over from where I live and they will fix it for $40, so that's what I did. Just dropped the phone off on Friday morning.
    jcbrunson likes this.
    11-26-17 12:13 PM
    They did not. No one helped me in this case. Not BlackBerry, not Shop BlackBerry, not T-Mobile, not FinTechWin. Everyone gave me a different excuse. FinTechWin told me because I purchased the phone 15 months ago, it was out of warranty and they couldn't help me. They offered to fix it for $135.

I ended up finding a "cell phone repair shop" one town over from where I live and they will fix it for $40, so that's what I did. Just dropped the phone off on Friday morning.
    Man, $40 to repair the screen is a great price! And I'm sure they didn't wipe the device. Glad it's working out, and I think we're all disappointed that you didn't get any help from all of the above. A new cellphone repair place just opened in the front of our Walmart, and I'm hoping that they will come in handy if / when these DTEK50s get busted after this month. We bought all of ours during black Friday 2016, so our warranties are done.
    11-26-17 12:36 PM
    Man, $40 to repair the screen is a great price! And I'm sure they didn't wipe the device. Glad it's working out, and I think we're all disappointed that you didn't get any help from all of the above. A new cellphone repair place just opened in the front of our Walmart, and I'm hoping that they will come in handy if / when these DTEK50s get busted after this month. We bought all of ours during black Friday 2016, so our warranties are done.
    It's unfortunate I couldn't get any help, but I guess what can you expect from a phone that's over 15 months old and it cost less than $300?
    11-26-17 01:15 PM