The reason that I ask is because the Android security patch level reads as July 5, 2016 but the Build number is AAG124.

I think that the build has been updated but I'm not sure. Does anyone know if there is a way to check when updates were installed?
    08-17-16 08:35 PM
    I've heard it's actually the August patch level, but that BB was in a rush and didn't change it. Or maybe it's just July + emergency CVE fixes for Quadrooter, I don't know.

Anyway, since AAG111 gives me the all clear on my Priv, and since AAG124 is later in the sequence, it should be fixed now. Try this scanner: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...adrooter&hl=en
    Captain Kitchener likes this.
    08-17-16 09:57 PM
    And even without patching at all, you'd be safe because Google Play Services already scans any app for that specific vulnerability.
    08-17-16 10:05 PM
    I've heard it's actually the August patch level, but that BB was in a rush and didn't change it. Or maybe it's just July + emergency CVE fixes for Quadrooter, I don't know.

Anyway, since AAG111 gives me the all clear on my Priv, and since AAG124 is later in the sequence, it should be fixed now. Try this scanner: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...adrooter&hl=en
    All good. Thanks!

And even without patching at all, you'd be safe because Google Play Services already scans any app for that specific vulnerability.
    That makes sense. But I'd also like to think I'm getting the proper updates as was promised by BlackBerry on my new device :P
    08-17-16 11:23 PM