I had it plugged to a Kia Soul when it said it detected a power surge and that I unplug the cable and plug in a charger with a controlled motor ...or something of that nature. It appears to be a software issue, but can’t seem to fix it. BlackBerry charger doesn’t help either. Anyone know a solution?
    08-21-19 03:53 PM
    I had it plugged to a Kia Soul when it said it detected a power surge and that I unplug the cable and plug in a charger with a controlled motor ...or something of that nature. It appears to be a software issue, but can’t seem to fix it. BlackBerry charger doesn’t help either. Anyone know a solution?
    Have you tried a 32 second reboot?
    08-21-19 09:34 PM
    No but I did a Reset. Reloaded the OS all together and it did not work.
    08-23-19 12:50 AM
    No but I did a Reset. Reloaded the OS all together and it did not work.
    Beyond my pay grade but at this point I’d move on to a suitable replacement. The new mid-tier Androids like 3a/XL or the S10e are such a tremendous value and outstanding promotions abound. Nokia 7.1 and some other imported mid-tiers can also be had cheaper but less carrier support. I don’t know where you’re located, but I prefer carrier sold and supported here in the USA for multiple reasons.

Perhaps someone else here is available with better technical suggestions. It sounds more like internal hardware to me though if not fixed with a factory reset. I wouldn’t spend a dime to fix though. Even fixed, reliability could and should be a concern as DTEK line weren’t known for durability and I own both models.
    08-23-19 11:21 AM
    It could be the rain. Just don't know why it took all day for that to happen and why it charges when it's off. Yea...but I just might look for another brand. I really love Blackberry's PassWord Keeper. It should be a standard on every smartphone. I think it's a crime to subscribe to some of these features. Love their security and productivity features but yea the Samsung S10e sounds like a great choice. It's the kind of mid-tier phone I look for here in the U.S. Thank for the advice.
    08-24-19 03:29 PM