i just ordered the same card from amazon. Are the apps just as fast as onboard? notice any lag? for 60$ canadian with a retail of $130 here it's a deal either way.
    I'm using a 64GB 95mb/sec U3 card and I see no lag with running apps on the card. You can't really compete with internal storage it will be faster.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-06-16 12:03 PM
    which card? I just ordered the 128gb samsung evo plus. supposed to be 80/20 with high random writes.
    10-06-16 01:49 PM
    which card? I just ordered the 128gb samsung evo plus. supposed to be 80/20 with high random writes.
    I have that same card in my Dtek50. No problems with apps except for BBM. When first running BBM and browsing channels there is a lag for the red spark to disappear after exiting a channel. The longer your in BBM the lag eventually disappears. Used to bother me but not anymore..not worth changing cards anyway. My 64GB card is a Sandisk.

Last edited by Johnny Dollar; 10-07-16 at 06:38 AM.
    10-06-16 07:18 PM
    That's the card I'm planning to get.
    10-07-16 04:28 AM
    Forgot to add. I notice the BBM Channels Spark lag normally.
    10-07-16 04:29 AM
    Forgot to add. I notice the BBM Channels Spark lag normally.
    Hmm...I never had the BBM spark lag until I went adoptable storage. Don't know if it's a BBM thing or adoptable storage? Interesting.

10-07-16 06:45 AM
    Hmm...I never had the BBM spark lag until I went adoptable storage. Don't know if it's a BBM thing or adoptable storage? Interesting.

Yeah, I always thought it was a BBM thing. It's not a huge issue. Doesn't even bother me but it is something I notice
    10-07-16 07:08 AM
    I have that same card in my Dtek50. No problems with apps except for BBM. When first running BBM and browsing channels there is a lag for the red spark to disappear after exiting a channel. The longer your in BBM the lag eventually disappears. Used to bother me but not anymore..not worth changing cards anyway. My 64GB card is a Sandisk.

initially mine was slow opening and playing a game, but something clicked and now theres no difference between internal and external. I tried a few games now (just for testing) and everything seems great with this card! plus the extra 119gb (silly android formatting) of storage is nice.
    10-07-16 09:10 AM
    How do you actually move an app onto the sd card. Do you need to download a file manager . If you touch an app and move it , it just moves to the next screen. What am I missing?
    11-03-16 03:28 PM
    How do you actually move an app onto the sd card. Do you need to download a file manager . If you touch an app and move it , it just moves to the next screen. What am I missing?
    Settings>Apps>App You Wanna Move>Storage

When you click on Storage and you see a Change button at the top it means you can move the desired app to SD card with MM. If you don't see a Change button it means you can't move it. All this assumes you formatted the SD card as internal (adoptable) storage.
    11-03-16 08:29 PM
    Thanks for that i am going to try this later and yes i chose the adoptable. Its just a pity all the google stuff that i wont use cant be removed. Im also going to change the card for a 64gb as the one i have is only 32gb
    11-04-16 02:28 AM
    Settings>Apps>App You Wanna Move>Storage
    I'm having trouble finding the 'App you Wanna Move' button.

That's just how I read this the first time. :-)
    11-04-16 07:51 AM
    How can I re-format my SD card to external and adoptive. I am only given 2 choices: External or Internal when setting the card for the first time. Afterwards, when I go back to storage-USB and click on top right hand corner(3 dots); the only option I get is: Eject, Format or Format as Internal.
    Nowhere can I find the wording Adoptive or Adaptible!
    Any suggestions to my next steps?
    03-06-17 10:33 PM
    When i Format my sd card to use it as encrypted internal, will it just add the sd card's space to the internal?

Meaning adding a 128gb Would lead to 144gb shown in total in the memory section?

sent from Blackberry Passport (160GB)
    03-07-17 03:39 AM
    How can I re-format my SD card to external and adoptive. I am only given 2 choices: External or Internal when setting the card for the first time. Afterwards, when I go back to storage-USB and click on top right hand corner(3 dots); the only option I get is: Eject, Format or Format as Internal.
    Nowhere can I find the wording Adoptive or Adaptible!
    Any suggestions to my next steps?
    Adoptive is internal

03-07-17 03:49 AM
    Adoptive is internal

Can media files such as Photos, videos and music files be transfered from the DTEK50 to the PC and vice versa if SD card is formated to Internal storage?
    03-07-17 09:30 AM
    Can media files such as Photos, videos and music files be transfered from the DTEK50 to the PC and vice versa if SD card is formated to Internal storage?
    Don't know. I did Not try using the sd card as internal storage.

03-08-17 03:52 AM
    Haven't tried PC but have you thought of using cloud storage?
    03-08-17 10:58 AM
    I am gonna try for you, i dont use my dtek50 at the Moment so i Can have a try.... Will inform you in a few minutes

03-08-17 11:33 AM
    It's a little Bit messy After choosing sd as internal.

1. It is limiting the real space of your sd dramatically. I have Put a 64gb inside, in normal use i have 62gb to go. Using it as an internal, it gives me 58 in total. That's a common Problem i already heard about...

2. Dtek50 Shows it as two different storage Parts in settings->storage and USB. Connecting it to a pc, it is just showing the limited sd card only. Anyhow, Shooting a Photo and saving it on the16gb internal drive, the pc lists it as being saved on the 58gb card..

03-08-17 11:51 AM
    Cloud storage is great when networks or wifi are available. Unfortunately, if in remote areas with any networks or wifi then cannot access the cloud.
    03-08-17 12:51 PM
    Thanks NikOnBB. I will re-format to Internal which will give me more storage for Apps while still being able to transfer media back and forth to a PC.
    03-08-17 12:56 PM
    With Android 5.x, you can move an apps data to a SD card, provided the app supports this feature.

In other words, if the steps below don't show a 'Move to SD Card' option, the app doesn't support storing data on the SD card.

Swipe down from top of display using two fingers
    Tap Settings > Apps
    Tap on an app
    If it's enabled, tap 'Move to SD Card'
    Source; Android 5.0 Lollipop changes the way your SD card works
    03-10-17 04:28 AM
    Hey DJ..

Knowing what I know now about adoptable storage and that I have it working on my DTEK50 I would say go for it. You do need a FAST sd card...90mb/sec+ read times and remember that the card will be encrypted so you will not be able to swap it with any other device until you reformat the card again. All in all the memory advantages outway the costs imo.

I concur. There is a lot of good deals on SD cards, but you need to be aware of the read and write times. When my son got his DTEK 50, he also got a 32G card with r/w times in the 90's. He has had no issues with space or lag, and he works that thing all day long.
    Johnny Dollar likes this.
    03-17-17 03:43 PM
49 12