Been using the Dtek for almost a month now and the 16gb is almost full now. Tried to move some of the apps to SD card and to my surprise they're is no option for any of the apps to be moved to SD card.

Is this by BlackBerry design? Any way to address this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-08-16 03:39 PM
    Unfortunately, the ability to move apps to the external SD card is enabled at the application level only; a Google design.
    09-08-16 03:41 PM
    I can't seem to move any of the apps - i've lots of them. none of them have the option..Why?
    09-08-16 04:24 PM
    Any way to address this?
    Have a look at this article to see if it can help.
    09-08-16 05:10 PM
    When you first put your SD card in, I believe it asked you if you'd like it to be "portable" or "internal" (I probably have those terms wrong). If you left it portable, I don't think that you can move apps there. I believe you have to make it internal which I also believe would encrypt the card and make it unusable on any other device. I hope I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

sethr likes this.
    09-08-16 05:13 PM
    When you first put your SD card in, I believe it asked you if you'd like it to be "portable" or "internal" (I probably have those terms wrong). If you left it portable, I don't think that you can move apps there. I believe you have to make it internal which I also believe would encrypt the card and make it unusable on any other device. I hope I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

This one.

If you're on 6.0.1, you'll have been given the option to format as internal (adoptable) or external/removable. The apps will only have the option to move to external if the SD card was formatted as "adoptable".

sethr and jamesharmeling like this.
    09-08-16 05:35 PM
    Once that is done, something will move on a restart. You still need to go through and find others that you can tell to move.
    09-08-16 06:06 PM
    I must have not set this up as external drive when I first set it up. Any way to change this now??

09-10-16 12:10 PM
    If you change removal to adoptive it will erase everything on the card. So backup first
    09-10-16 12:30 PM
    To change : setting / storage - USB click on dots in upper right corner and chose to change
    09-10-16 12:47 PM
    I have mine set up as adoptable using a Samsung 128 Evo+. Phone warned me SD card would be too slow, but phone has been running smooth and apps don't seem to open slow. I can move most apps back and forth between phone and SD card.

Posted via DTEK50
    09-10-16 01:38 PM
    I have mine set up as adoptable using a Samsung 128 Evo+. Phone warned me SD card would be too slow, but phone has been running smooth and apps don't seem to open slow. I can move most apps back and forth between phone and SD card.

Posted via DTEK50
    I set my SD card as adoptable storage from the start but so far only 6 of about 55 apps are on the SD card and I haven't been able to find any way to move others from internal. Could you explain how you move . thanks

09-10-16 01:53 PM
    I set my SD card as adoptable storage from the start but so far only 6 of about 55 apps are on the SD card and I haven't been able to find any way to move others from internal. Could you explain how you move . thanks

Yeah you found the ugly part of using adoptable storage. Most all system apps can't be moved because they need internal memory to run. The rest are on an app by app case which the app developer has control over.

melander likes this.
    09-10-16 07:42 PM
    Yeah you found the ugly part of using adoptable storage. Most all system apps can't be moved because they need internal memory to run. The rest are on an app by app case which the app developer has control over.

Thanks For the reply. I was pretty sure I wasn't missing something. Spent a lot of time trying to move apps. I am a little disappointed as it would be a great feature

09-10-16 09:00 PM
    Hopefully Google puts pressure on app development to include the option of installation on the external memory

Johnny Dollar likes this.
    09-10-16 09:02 PM
    The internal storage capacity is the only issue I have with the DTEK50. I have almost filled it up now and I'm considering adoptable storage but not sure it's worth doing so with all that's been said here.
    09-19-16 12:20 PM
    Move isn't the same as installing, and this http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#d29361617571Forbes article, while talking about the S7/S7E I figured it was mostly Android MM feature.

Not selling a 64GB model in US market hands Apple selling point.
    09-19-16 02:16 PM
    AppMgr (Pro) III - App 2 SD - is suppose to make it easy(-er). Not as automated as I'd like to see.

As much as I tried, I could not get even a new Samsung SD to ask to format as internal adoptive.

It does work. Oddly apps on my BLU HD R1 that would move (Facebook) have not on DTEK or S7.
    09-20-16 02:22 PM
    The internal storage capacity is the only issue I have with the DTEK50. I have almost filled it up now and I'm considering adoptable storage but not sure it's worth doing so with all that's been said here.
    Hey DJ..

Knowing what I know now about adoptable storage and that I have it working on my DTEK50 I would say go for it. You do need a FAST sd card...90mb/sec+ read times and remember that the card will be encrypted so you will not be able to swap it with any other device until you reformat the card again. All in all the memory advantages outway the costs imo.

Last edited by Johnny Dollar; 09-24-16 at 02:40 AM.
    DJ Reyes and Ethynil like this.
    09-24-16 02:19 AM
    AppMgr (Pro) III - App 2 SD - is suppose to make it easy(-er). Not as automated as I'd like to see.

As much as I tried, I could not get even a new Samsung SD to ask to format as internal adoptive.

It does work. Oddly apps on my BLU HD R1 that would move (Facebook) have not on DTEK or S7.
    Was your Sammy SD card fast enough Gayle? Android MM tests the card before using it as adoptable storage. If the card is too slow it won't use it (OS will warn you). I keep telling people to use a FAST SD card ... 90mb/sec+ read speeds (like 4k transfer speeds). Those cards will work.

Off topic: you loving your BLU R1 HD? I have the 8gb ads model. Loooove it! Lol.

09-24-16 02:38 AM
    You do need a FAST sd card...90mb/sec+ read times and remember that the card will be encrypted so you will not be able to swap it with any other device until you reformat the card again.
    Just wanted to add that I did this on a Moto E, and received no warning about the SD card not being fast enough. And yet the card would often "disappear" and apps that were moved would crash constantly. Turns out its a common problem caused by using a card that is not fast enough, apparently.

So as others have said, get something fast and a brand-name, and you should be fine.

Posted via CB10
    DJ Reyes likes this.
    09-24-16 10:11 PM
    Just wanted to add that I did this on a Moto E, and received no warning about the SD card not being fast enough. And yet the card would often "disappear" and apps that were moved would crash constantly. Turns out its a common problem caused by using a card that is not fast enough, apparently.

So as others have said, get something fast and a brand-name, and you should be fine.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, my friend has a Moto E 2015 and because it�s not one of the fastest microsd cards he had lots of issues and decided to format it has a normal card...
    09-25-16 06:58 AM
    Was your Sammy SD card fast enough Gayle? Android MM tests the card before using it as adoptable storage. If the card is too slow it won't use it (OS will warn you). I keep telling people to use a FAST SD card ... 90mb/sec+ read speeds (like 4k transfer speeds). Those cards will work.

Off topic: you loving your BLU R1 HD? I have the 8gb ads model. Loooove it! Lol.

I got a warning on a SanDisk card being too slow, learned my lesson, 95+ is fine.

The Blu HD r1 is fussy but once set up shows SD as default location. Looks a lot like the DTEK 50 and 2/16 okay but not fast enough.

Now I can tell Spotify to use sd for downloads. Wish apps would split app (internal) and data to SD. But, I did move all my apps on my S7 back to internal storage where using 22 out of the 32GB.
    09-27-16 06:09 PM
    Hey DJ..

Knowing what I know now about adoptable storage and that I have it working on my DTEK50 I would say go for it. You do need a FAST sd card...90mb/sec+ read times and remember that the card will be encrypted so you will not be able to swap it with any other device until you reformat the card again. All in all the memory advantages outway the costs imo.

Yes to this.
    09-30-16 08:00 AM
    i just ordered the same card from amazon. Are the apps just as fast as onboard? notice any lag? for 60$ canadian with a retail of $130 here it's a deal either way.
    10-06-16 08:42 AM
49 12