I have two DTEK50's, both configured in the identical way, that include a 200GB SD card set up as an extension of internal storage.

I installed the Efax app on one device that downloads faxes and displays them as expected.

Today I installed the Efax app on the second device, logged into Efax and the lists my incoming faxes; however, I cannot view the fax and the following error message appears:

Unable to view the fax because the SD card is currently mounted. Please change the USB connectiontype or disconnect the USB cable to proceed.
    There is no USB cable connected. I rebooted the phone with no success in resolving the problem.

Any suggestions?

Steve
    03-08-17 05:52 PM
    It may mean the device is currently in USB Mass Storage Mode.
    This will switch the SD card to become basically a thumb drive whenever the device is plugged into a computer, but it is a toggle on the device. So if it was turned on for USB Mass Storage Mode, it will still be in that mode even when unplugged from a computer.
    While in USB Mass Storage Mode, the device can not access the SD card.
    To fix, you will need to toggle it off in the settings.
    03-09-17 09:01 AM
    It may mean the device is currently in USB Mass Storage Mode.
    This will switch the SD card to become basically a thumb drive whenever the device is plugged into a computer, but it is a toggle on the device. So if it was turned on for USB Mass Storage Mode, it will still be in that mode even when unplugged from a computer.
    While in USB Mass Storage Mode, the device can not access the SD card.
    To fix, you will need to toggle it off in the settings.
    I don't think the DTEK50 supports (or has ever supported) Mass Storage Mode.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    03-09-17 09:15 AM
    I don't think the DTEK50 supports (or has ever supported) Mass Storage Mode.
    Yup, my bad... plus that feature was also removed form MM.
    03-09-17 12:17 PM
    Insert the small sd card into the sd card slot on your android device. ensure your phone is turned off and charged before you insert the card. do that slowly, and till you hear a "clicking" noise. refer to your device manual or contact the manufacturer if you would like extra support with accessing the sd card slot on your device.

Power on your android device. Press the button close to the bottom of your phone. If your phone isn't turning on properly, it's most likely not charged enough. Plug your phone into the wall charger for fifteen minutes and check out once more.

Tap on “Settings” from the most menu. This "Settings" image is represented by what looks like a gear. once you click on the gear, you may be transferred to a different screen. on it new screen, click "SD and Phone Storage."

Click on "Reformat." this can reformat your phone, and prepare it for mounting a brand new sd card. this could solely take a couple of seconds. If it takes any further than that, restart your phone so as to induce the reformatting process correct.

Choose “Mount sd Card" once reformatting has been completed. Your device can mount your sd card and make the card offered to be used. If “Mount sd card” isn't associate available option, faucet on “Unmount sd card,” wait for the card to unmount, then tap on “Mount sd card” to verify that the card is correctly mounted. This step can also correct any system issues your android could are experiencing that could have prevented the sd card from mounting properly.
    03-10-17 05:20 AM