I scanned thread titles throughout this subforum, doesn't seem to be a similar thread.

So I've ordered 2 DTEK50s, one for me one for my wife. We both currently have Z10's. Between the poor battery life and lack of apps, we would have migrated to Android one way or another - and the Priv was just too expensive.

Questions:
    -What's the migration tool/mehtod from BB10? BB Link? I've already read that the contents of the SD card will be fine, but what about contacts, bookmarks, etc?

-Did they pre-load BBM for Android? (Yeah, we still use it...)

-I use AT&T, and I really do NOT want to visit one of their stores. Will they send me a new SIM card, as I read the old ones aren't the same size? This will be my first unlocked phone, with no AT&T bloatware! I just dont want their monkeys even touching it.

-I guess accessories like cases/holsters are going to be hard to find for now, huh?
    08-09-16 09:47 PM
    I scanned thread titles throughout this subforum, doesn't seem to be a similar thread.

So I've ordered 2 DTEK50s, one for me one for my wife. We both currently have Z10's. Between the poor battery life and lack of apps, we would have migrated to Android one way or another - and the Priv was just too expensive.

Questions:
    -What's the migration tool/mehtod from BB10? BB Link? I've already read that the contents of the SD card will be fine, but what about contacts, bookmarks, etc?

-Did they pre-load BBM for Android? (Yeah, we still use it...)

-I use AT&T, and I really do NOT want to visit one of their stores. Will they send me a new SIM card, as I read the old ones aren't the same size? This will be my first unlocked phone, with no AT&T bloatware! I just dont want their monkeys even touching it.

-I guess accessories like cases/holsters are going to be hard to find for now, huh?
    Actually, cases/holsters should be a dime-a-plenty. Google/Ebay/Amazon DTEK50 or Alcatel Idol 4 (not Idol 4S). You know that the DTEK50 was based on the Idol 4, right? )
    08-09-16 09:51 PM
    BlackBerry put out an app called "content transfer" that is specific to what you want to do (transfer from bb10 to android). You need the app on both phones and go from there.

I would transfer everything in you sd card into your computer first just to back it all up and then put the card into your new phone and decide what you want to do (removable or adoptable or whatever)
    CDM76 likes this.
    08-09-16 09:56 PM
    Oh, and the sim card is different. You can pick one up from the store or have them send you one. You want a nano-sim.

I'm lucky because my provider gives out just one sim card, but you punch it out to match your size for your phone. I have a micro sim right now so changing it to nano isn't a problem
    08-09-16 09:58 PM
    Does anyone have a step by step on how to transfer data from a BB10 device to a DTEK50? I get to the part on my old BB10 device where it tells me to enter a four digit pin number on my DTEK50. There is however no where to do that on my DTEK50. It just has a blue screen that says "Start Transfer"
    08-10-16 06:01 PM
    Does anyone have a step by step on how to transfer data from a BB10 device to a DTEK50? I get to the part on my old BB10 device where it tells me to enter a four digit pin number on my DTEK50. There is however no where to do that on my DTEK50. It just has a blue screen that says "Start Transfer"
    I am with you melb-b! We are pulling out our hair trying to transfer photos. It seemed to transfer contacts okay, and not we are stalled with the photos i.e. stuck at 7 photos out of 500.
    08-10-16 06:11 PM
    How did you transfer contacts???
    08-10-16 06:49 PM