Though nothing like as breathless a leap into the unknown as on a Z10, installing new APKs or updating APKs on the now rather elderly DTEK50 can be quite a challenging undertaking. I'm running e.g. current Glympse, LinkedIn, Netflix, Skype, WhatsApp; all of current Excel, PowerPoint, Word (all view-only), even Teams and Zoom; but only previous versions of Audible, Kindle, RingGo, Volvo On Call, .. .. At least any attempt to update these last-named to any version that is "too modern" is halted with a kind explanation, and the existing version is preserved. All quite unlike the Z10 (BB10) experience.
    HOWEVER, and the point of this post:
    I am running Microsoft Outlook 4.2102.0. A web search suggests that 4.2114.2 is available. There are also some interim versions available.
    1 Weirdly and inexplicably, date order does not seem to match version order.
    2 I tried updating. The process went ahead without any evident glitch, but on starting the new version all that was presented was text on a bright blue background: "You have no emails! You have no calendar appointments!". I could find no way forward to re-engage my Inbox or Calendar and ended up having to un-install, then start afresh with the known working version.
    Is anybody able to provide me with any of: an explanation of what has occurred, advice on the current best working version (and source*) and any empiricals on how to proceed with any future offered updates?
    * source: I do not have a Google account and so don't use the Play Store. For all APKs I use Uptodown or similar. In this particular context (MS Outlook), Uptodown is spectacularly confusing for the plethora and frequency of versions offered, and the phenomenon earlier reported of dates / numbers not monotonically increasing.
    Thank you!
    05-03-21 03:34 AM
    Though nothing like as breathless a leap into the unknown as on a Z10, installing new APKs or updating APKs on the now rather elderly DTEK50 can be quite a challenging undertaking. I'm running e.g. current Glympse, LinkedIn, Netflix, Skype, WhatsApp; all of current Excel, PowerPoint, Word (all view-only), even Teams and Zoom; but only previous versions of Audible, Kindle, RingGo, Volvo On Call, .. .. At least any attempt to update these last-named to any version that is "too modern" is halted with a kind explanation, and the existing version is preserved. All quite unlike the Z10 (BB10) experience.
    HOWEVER, and the point of this post:
    I am running Microsoft Outlook 4.2102.0. A web search suggests that 4.2114.2 is available. There are also some interim versions available.
    1 Weirdly and inexplicably, date order does not seem to match version order.
    2 I tried updating. The process went ahead without any evident glitch, but on starting the new version all that was presented was text on a bright blue background: "You have no emails! You have no calendar appointments!". I could find no way forward to re-engage my Inbox or Calendar and ended up having to un-install, then start afresh with the known working version.
    Is anybody able to provide me with any of: an explanation of what has occurred, advice on the current best working version (and source*) and any empiricals on how to proceed with any future offered updates?
    * source: I do not have a Google account and so don't use the Play Store. For all APKs I use Uptodown or similar. In this particular context (MS Outlook), Uptodown is spectacularly confusing for the plethora and frequency of versions offered, and the phenomenon earlier reported of dates / numbers not monotonically increasing.
    Thank you!
    My goodness. Use Aurora.

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.aurora.store_35.apk

Randomly searching for and grabbing apks is not the way to use an Android phone.
    05-03-21 08:53 AM
    THANK YOU. Aurora matched with DTEK50 is a winning combination. The things I can do and the speed with which I can do them. and on a 2016 phone .. .. .. (I know: security etc).
    Nevertheless. Wish the BB badging was a bit more obvious. And I am sick as a dog that it's been bumped already (top LH corner) from a drop. This when my Z10 is still pristine after 8 years' daily use.
    Talking of which - is there anywhere to pass on 4 Z10s (of which 3 excellent, 1 new); 10 LS1 batteries (of which 4 still sealed); one LS1 charger (new, sealed); one Passport (well used)? Thought CrackBerry might have a For Sale page but cannot see it if so.
    05-05-21 03:56 AM
    THANK YOU. Aurora matched with DTEK50 is a winning combination. The things I can do and the speed with which I can do them. and on a 2016 phone .. .. .. (I know: security etc).
    Nevertheless. Wish the BB badging was a bit more obvious. And I am sick as a dog that it's been bumped already (top LH corner) from a drop. This when my Z10 is still pristine after 8 years' daily use.
    Talking of which - is there anywhere to pass on 4 Z10s (of which 3 excellent, 1 new); 10 LS1 batteries (of which 4 still sealed); one LS1 charger (new, sealed); one Passport (well used)? Thought CrackBerry might have a For Sale page but cannot see it if so.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/market...ell-trade-f14/
    05-05-21 05:09 AM