Hi there,

For a while I've been using my "premium" earphones that came with my Q10 (see attached picture). One day, however, microphone would stop working on them. I can hear music or the other end of a phone conversation, but no-one could hear me when using the earphones. In a meantime I got a DTEK 50, and those earphones work even worse with the new phone. When inserted fully, same problem occurs - I can hear, but mic does not work. When I "wiggle" them little, they would work (including mic) for a few seconds and then stop again. For comparison purposes, other generic earphones work well on my DTEK 50.
    What irritates me the most is that they work flawlessly (mic as well) with my daughter iPhone6...
    Any idea where the problem might be? It does not seem to be the phone (other earphones work on it), it does not seem to be the earphones (they work with other devices), but why would a combination of BB phone + BB earphones fail to work???

Paul Z
    Attached Thumbnails Microphone not working on my earphones-s-l1600.jpg  
    01-04-18 01:33 PM
    Hi there,

For a while I've been using my "premium" earphones that came with my Q10 (see attached picture). One day, however, microphone would stop working on them. I can hear music or the other end of a phone conversation, but no-one could hear me when using the earphones. In a meantime I got a DTEK 50, and those earphones work even worse with the new phone. When inserted fully, same problem occurs - I can hear, but mic does not work. When I "wiggle" them little, they would work (including mic) for a few seconds and then stop again. For comparison purposes, other generic earphones work well on my DTEK 50.
    What irritates me the most is that they work flawlessly (mic as well) with my daughter iPhone6...
    Any idea where the problem might be? It does not seem to be the phone (other earphones work on it), it does not seem to be the earphones (they work with other devices), but why would a combination of BB phone + BB earphones fail to work???

Paul Z
    Hate to say it but the symptoms you describe sound like a faulty headphone jack. I had one on my Z10 years ago and had to send the phone in for repair, which was about 2 weeks under warranty.

OR..

The other thing I've found with using the headphone jack on Android phones is when your plugging in the jack do it 'slowly' until you see the headphone icon appear then stick it in the rest of the way. Hope this helps.

Sent from my VIVO 5 using Tapatalk
    01-04-18 01:58 PM