Seems all Dtek50 phones are getting security updates and I am still on March. Well still early in May but I am starting to wonder.
    I have a DTEK from BB Shop and have not received the update yet, would my carrier still be able to prevent the update?

I am in the UK with Vodafone if that makes a difference, I have the April patch at the moment?
    05-09-17 04:06 AM
    I have a DTEK from BB Shop and have not received the update yet, would my carrier still be able to prevent the update?

I am in the UK with Vodafone if that makes a difference, I have the April patch at the moment?
    I don't think so as long as it is unlocked, I am still without April and I have an unlocked phone. I don't understand why other phones received it and it skipped mine.
    05-09-17 06:35 AM
    I don't think so as long as it is unlocked, I am still without April and I have an unlocked phone. I don't understand why other phones received it and it skipped mine.
    During last fall I went 2 months without an update (November, December) and finally got updated in January. Patience
    05-09-17 02:21 PM
    Seems all Dtek50 phones are getting security updates and I am still on March. Well still early in May but I am starting to wonder.
    I called bb as my security update is also still on March, they indicated they are aware of some dtek50 unit not pulling down the update .. they had me enter in a sequence of # on the phone and apparently it sent them some info on my phone , and I will be getting the update very shortly , and bb is working at fixing this issue
    05-09-17 06:12 PM
    I called bb as my security update is also still on March, they indicated they are aware of some dtek50 unit not pulling down the update .. they had me enter in a sequence of # on the phone and apparently it sent them some info on my phone , and I will be getting the update very shortly , and bb is working at fixing this issue
    OK thanks, that explains why I am also stuck on March.
    05-09-17 06:43 PM
    BlackBerry had you do the CHECKIN process for updates. Which I have posted in this thread already. Good luck

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    05-10-17 12:47 AM
    My update from Rogers this AM is for April1,2017,not May...
    05-10-17 08:00 AM
    My update from Rogers this AM is for April1,2017,not May...
    You got an update. That's progress!

05-10-17 09:04 AM
    yes better than a kick in the teeth
    05-10-17 09:06 AM
    Yeah it seems carriers want to ruin a good thing. Was told April was coming for the whole month so I won't be surprised if we don't get it again
    05-10-17 06:14 PM
    BlackBerry had you do the CHECKIN process for updates. Which I have posted in this thread already. Good luck

Hi Rico. Yes! The same entry as you posted.. do you know what this checkin process does ? I still haven't received the updates..
    05-10-17 08:39 PM
    Hi Rico. Yes! The same entry as you posted.. do you know what this checkin process does ? I still haven't received the updates..
    It will not work, I am stuck now missed 2 patches. I tried that a week ago and still nothing. I called Blackberry yesterday and was told that they are aware of some Dtek50 phones not being able to pull the updates from server. It was escalated and they will try to force it to my IMEI.
    05-11-17 07:26 AM
    Checkin process supposedly forces to register device against server for download. Has worked that sometimes update has come in a few days later. But if BlackBerry is having issues with distribution I guess we need to be patient.
    05-11-17 08:29 AM
    May security patch be with you

Posted via CB10 on my  Z10
    05-11-17 08:31 AM
    It will not work, I am stuck now missed 2 patches. I tried that a week ago and still nothing. I called Blackberry yesterday and was told that they are aware of some Dtek50 phones not being able to pull the updates from server. It was escalated and they will try to force it to my IMEI.
    I called BlackBerry as well. Known issue according to rep and hopefully update comes out by June. However, he didn't seem to understand that carrier devices are at the mercy of the carrier. He thought I would get update as soon as BlackBerry released it.
    05-11-17 09:23 AM
    I called BlackBerry as well. Known issue according to rep and hopefully update comes out by June. However, he didn't seem to understand that carrier devices are at the mercy of the carrier. He thought I would get update as soon as BlackBerry released it.
    I have an unlocked version so I am not at the mercy of the carrier.
    05-11-17 09:48 AM
    I have an unlocked version so I am not at the mercy of the carrier.
    Yes its a known issue that devices aren't receiving the update whether locked or unlocked to carrier.
    05-11-17 09:54 AM
    Yes its a known issue that devices aren't receiving the update whether locked or unlocked to carrier.
    Well I hope they get this sorted out. I picked the phone for this promise of regular updates. Fix it or send me a new phone that gets the updates.
    05-11-17 09:30 PM
    Spoke to BlackBerry again today and they indicated that I should see the patch and updates by the beginning of June.. This will include April, may and June security updates and a fix for the issue
    05-12-17 07:58 AM
    Spoke to BlackBerry again today and they indicated that I should see the patch and updates by the beginning of June.. This will include April, may and June security updates and a fix for the issue
    That's the impression I got from them as well. Hopefully it is correct
    05-12-17 09:16 AM
    Well finally I am updated to May, right after all my blackberry apps updated the update came through.
    05-15-17 06:56 PM
    May update just came through
    05-15-17 07:21 PM
    Well finally I am updated to May, right after all my blackberry apps updated the update came through.
    Just did the CHECKIN procedure and update available on my Telus DTEK50. Nothing on my Priv yet. I now have the May 5 update on my DTEK50.
    05-15-17 07:29 PM
  24. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    Got the update yesterday.
    05-16-17 03:47 AM
    I got the May update today
    05-16-17 07:12 AM
55 123