Maybe they just haven't sent them to Vodafone UK! Vodafone have stated that the last update from blackberry was November 2017
    03-18-18 02:14 PM
    Maybe they just haven't sent them to Vodafone UK! Vodafone have stated that the last update from blackberry was November 2017
    Good point!
    03-18-18 02:44 PM
    Still no answer from blackberry mobile.

Posted via my awesome passport
    03-20-18 01:22 PM
    Obviously I still haven't had the February update, nevermind the March one.

Reading about this Vodafone bullmanure, BlackBerry (or whoever runs the shambles now) need to pull their finger out.
    planetbollox likes this.
    03-21-18 06:14 AM
    Obviously I still haven't had the February update, nevermind the March one.

Reading about this Vodafone bullmanure, BlackBerry (or whoever runs the shambles now) need to pull their finger out.
    Agreed. Never mind the March update we ( on Vodafone). Haven't got any update since the November patch
    planetbollox likes this.
    03-21-18 08:15 AM
    Vodafone don't care, I've tried with them but honestly...the words blood and stone come to mind.
    03-26-18 12:39 PM
    I just received my March update on my Shop bb on Freedom Mobile Canada aaw067
    03-27-18 01:24 AM
    ^^Okay that's strange.

Why is everyone in such a panic for monthly updates anyways? Asking for a friend.
    Could it be that Oreo was announced for KeyOne and people are anticipating
    03-27-18 01:37 AM
    I just received my March update on my Shop bb on Freedom Mobile Canada aaw067
    Did you get your phone fixed with the restarting loop problem? Mine has done this a few times now and eventually starts after an hour later of turning on and off etc. I don't turn my phone off anymore just in case
    03-27-18 01:50 AM
    Did you get your phone fixed with the restarting loop problem? Mine has done this a few times now and eventually starts after an hour later of turning on and off etc. I don't turn my phone off anymore just in case
    Yes, it's fixed. BlackBerry fixed it for a 100$. Apparently it was moisture damage.
    03-27-18 04:29 AM
    That's the last thing I would of thought. My dtek50 has started acting up the last couple of weeks and was hoping for a update etc. Still no sign of that.

03-27-18 07:48 AM
    That's the last thing I would of thought. My dtek50 has started acting up the last couple of weeks and was hoping for a update etc. Still no sign of that.

A security patch will never fix a problem.

You'd be better off doing a factory reset.
    03-27-18 07:56 AM
    Just got the update in Spain, and didn't have to do anything weird!
    04-02-18 02:58 AM
    A security patch will never fix a problem.

You'd be better off doing a factory reset.
    Didn't have to reset. Another 32 second reboot try seems to have made things return to normal. Except for any new updates. Still on November patch. Phone contract ends in October so looking at other carriers /updates reliability in respect to K1 and motion and may change from Vodafone.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    04-02-18 04:46 AM
    This whole experience has led to a deterioration in my confidence in BB overall. Or should that be dtekeration?
    I note the point that security updates in themselves might not fix anything but if that is the case, why are security updates put together and pushed out? I, for one, would be more comfortable if I actually received them.
    I have also noticed that my phone is getting a tad laggy. Initially, I associated this with the update issue. Then on further reading, I read that any operating system that is open-sourced (Android, I'm talking about you here) will inevitably tend to get laggy over time. Operating systems that are tightly controlled (Blackerry 10, and dare I say it, IOS) tend to maintain their speed and efficiency as a result of this control.
    I am particularly disappointed that one of the main UK carriers, Vodafone, who previously were probably the staunchest supporter of BB, now apparently, couldn't give a toss about BB.
    Just to add insult to injury, the headphone jack on my Dtek50 is now weak and somewhat flaky.
    As a combination of all these faults, I decided to resurrect an old Nokia Windows phone. Charged it up and slipped the sim in. When I did so, despite that fact that Microsoft are quietly killing off the windows mobile system, my windows phone immediately downloaded a series of updates so I now have a windows phone, whose OS is being killed off, that is more up to date than my Dtek50, which was sold as the most secure phone in the world. Oh, the irony.
    The end result is that the impression I get is that BB, once world leaders, now sell inferior phones in terms of hardware and software, that operators are walking away from.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-07-18 04:23 AM
    Maybe Vodafone have taken the decision to stop the dtek50 updates before the 2 year release date of the phone. I think the phone release was around june 2016. Just guess work on my part ;-). I have tried every day a few times to update but still nothing. The dtek50 is still a good little phone that I use every day but still prefer to use the passport more, just a pity about the earphone jack on some. I have stopped using the jack and at home use my Bluetooth headset instead. Good luck.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    04-07-18 05:33 AM
    Just noticed if I tap a number of times on the Android version section of the about phone it opens a android man type game. Is this to play while we are waiting for the update.
    The 'March security update' thread-acc-1-doc-488.jpg
    04-08-18 06:43 AM
    I am finding this Android security scenario mind-boggling. I am trying to upgrade (if that's the right word) from a Z30 to a Keyone, but I am afraid of the rubbish security in Google/Android experienced on other phone devices. Can I expect ANYTHING LIKE the level of security I have on the Z30/os10? I don't see that Apple have anything like decent security either. Perhaps I should go back to jungle drums.
    04-08-18 09:52 AM
    I am finding this Android security scenario mind-boggling. I am trying to upgrade (if that's the right word) from a Z30 to a Keyone, but I am afraid of the rubbish security in Google/Android experienced on other phone devices. Can I expect ANYTHING LIKE the level of security I have on the Z30/os10? I don't see that Apple have anything like decent security either. Perhaps I should go back to jungle drums.
    Before I answer, what do you mean by "security" ? Specifically.
    Last edited by conite; 04-09-18 at 10:50 AM.
    04-08-18 10:52 AM
    Well there she be. Just downloaded and installed the March 5 security update. Unlocked phone bought at Staples Canada running on the Koodo network.
    04-08-18 11:49 AM
    Well there she be. Just downloaded and installed the March 5 security update. Unlocked phone bought at Staples Canada running on the Koodo network.
    Ditto for me.
    04-08-18 02:09 PM
    Well, I suppose I mean 2 things. Intrusions harvesting personal data and uploading it to ???? without my knowledge. Bits of code dumped into the Android device which enables it to download all kinds of apps and potentially 'killer' viruses (obviously without my consent) and in one case the device could not be used as it was 'hogging' the processor and wifi - trying to download an anti-virus prog such as Norton was made impossible. In the end I had to throw away the devices. Thus my great concern and despondency at having to 'junk' my faithful Z30.
    04-09-18 08:36 AM
    Well, I suppose I mean 2 things. Intrusions harvesting personal data and uploading it to ???? without my knowledge. Bits of code dumped into the Android device which enables it to download all kinds of apps and potentially 'killer' viruses (obviously without my consent) and in one case the device could not be used as it was 'hogging' the processor and wifi - trying to download an anti-virus prog such as Norton was made impossible. In the end I had to throw away the devices. Thus my great concern and despondency at having to 'junk' my faithful Z30.
    That's more related to privacy - not security.

From a security aspect, BlackBerry Android resists root, and won't allow apps to make changes to the system areas on the device thanks to Integrity Detection. Encryption is strong, and passwords impossible to circumvent.

Privacy has more to do with the user's behaviour than the device. Setting up DTEK to notify you whenever apps access certain permissions can help you in that task.

But ultimately, it is the user that decides what apps to install, what permissions to grant, and what websites to visit.
    04-09-18 10:54 AM
    Thanks for that, very helpful
    04-10-18 08:19 AM
    Mine came today. What made me think it might have been April's? Oh yeah, it's April.

Build AAW067. Staples Canada using Telus pay as you go.
    Ethynil likes this.
    04-11-18 07:04 PM
55 123