Still getting the verification problem too
    After years of faithful support, this is one of many issues guaranteeing my next device will be from another manufacturer and have leading edge specs .... For a change.
    dpw09 likes this.
    12-21-17 12:14 AM
    Same here, although this time the update size was 82.4MB. The "verification problem" continues. "This update contains helpful improvements... even more secure and productive..."
    12-21-17 04:20 AM
    A couple weeks ago, the verification failed then the phone stopped asking to update. Yesterday, update available again, but still the verification problem. Is the problem really that hard to fix?
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-21-17 04:43 AM
    steps indicate in the update without problems. detk 50. Venezuela
    12-21-17 06:25 AM
    Well, finally after a brief disappearance and reappearance for few days I was able to successfully install the December 1 update AAR950 for my DTEK50. However, the process was still not as simple and straight forward as it used to be. I had to first uninstall Google Play Services and deactivate Find My Device due to the Verification problem when initially downloading the update. So for all those interested, this should work.
    Last edited by Winstorm; 12-21-17 at 06:56 AM.
    12-21-17 06:44 AM
    Correct. Uninstall the GPS updates, deactivate "find my device" and download the update.
    12-21-17 07:23 AM
    Both 50 and 60 updates install fine now.
    12-21-17 07:44 AM
    And when you guys say it installs fine now, you mean that it installs fine after you have to go through the process of uninstalling the Google Play updates and deactivating find my device? Fair enough, I'll give it shot. But what do all the DTEK50 users who don't follow the CB forums do in the meantime? Yes that's a rhetorical question, not for loyal contributors to this forum, but for Blackberry. My 70 yr old parents with two DTEK50s and teenage kids with three DTEK50s won't be doing anything other than cursing the "verification problem" and the brand on the back of the phone.

How about they simply release a security update that can be verified and doesn't fail on install? Isn't that the real question? This must not be happening on the K1 or Motion, otherwise this would be getting fixed ASAP. And if it is happening on the K1 or Motion, what an embarrassment! Are we back to the days of tweaking our Playbooks and Z10s, with workarounds for installing APKs to get apps? The point of jumping to Android was to avoid this nonsense.
    12-21-17 08:10 AM

How about they simply release a security update that can be verified and doesn't fail on install? Isn't that the real question? This must not be happening on the K1 or Motion, otherwise this would be getting fixed ASAP. And if it is happening on the K1 or Motion, what an embarrassment! .
    Sadly, BB (or whatever it wants to be called today), is a joke, and they have absolutely NO idea of WHAT they are doing, or 'supposed' to be doing, basically, just lurching from one crisis to another, one cockup after another, with little or no intent to correct their failings.
    Personally, I think it is part of a plan to make us all swop to their 'latest masterpieces' (which don't seen to be faring any better than these Dtek 'disasters') to be honest.

Blackberry sadly, is history, and on this sort of showing, will go to the wall, sooner than later.....
    12-21-17 08:28 AM
    Sadly, BB (or whatever it wants to be called today), is a joke, and they have absolutely NO idea of WHAT they are doing, or 'supposed' to be doing, basically, just lurching from one crisis to another, one cockup after another, with little or no intent to correct their failings.
    Personally, I think it is part of a plan to make us all swop to their 'latest masterpieces' (which don't seen to be faring any better than these Dtek 'disasters') to be honest.

Blackberry sadly, is history, and on this sort of showing, will go to the wall, sooner than later.....
    Isn't life too short to be angry all the time? Peace.
    CDM76 and Johnny Dollar like this.
    12-21-17 08:39 AM
    Following the BB knowledge base instructions, I only downgraded Google Play services before I downloaded the Dec update. I did not have to deactivate find my device. The update downloaded and was verified, installing it now.

EDIT: Dec update installed correctly and rebooted, reinstalling Google Play services now.
    12-21-17 08:43 AM
    Mine updated after downgrading play services.
    12-21-17 09:10 AM
    Mine updated after downgrading play services.
    12-21-17 09:20 AM
    And when you guys say it installs fine now, you mean that it installs fine after you have to go through the process of uninstalling the Google Play updates and deactivating find my device?
    This is really the question I would like to see clearly answered, for the very reasons you've expressed so well in your post.
    12-21-17 09:56 AM
    This is really the question I would like to see clearly answered, for the very reasons you've expressed so well in your post.
    Just follow the instructions posted on the update, and it will install fine.
    12-21-17 10:33 AM
    Copied from the other thread:

I have the OTA patch files for both the broken version of this update and the working one. The manifest in the broken one says to load carrier signature files (which are intended for devices sent to carriers for testing), while the working one says to load production signature files (which are intended for all devices in the hands of end users). That's why the first push failed verification.

Why Google Play Services needs a downgrade, I don't know, though.
    It's probably the same case for DTEK50, but I'd need the new OTA file for AAR950 for STH100-1 to confirm.
    12-21-17 10:37 AM
    Both 50 and 60 updates install fine now.
    Really?? I have removed GPS, and disabled the detection, rebooted, yet I STILL get the 'verification' error.
    Why should WE have to jump through hoops, to sort out BB's inability to provide a 'working' update??
    I have wasted an hour, going through almost every 'suggestion' to try to sort this, yet, still the update sticks on the 'verification failed' and no way will it update!!
    12-21-17 11:16 AM
    Really?? I have removed GPS, and disabled the detection, rebooted, yet I STILL get the 'verification' error.
    Why should WE have to jump through hoops, to sort out BB's inability to provide a 'working' update??
    I have wasted an hour, going through almost every 'suggestion' to try to sort this, yet, still the update sticks on the 'verification failed' and no way will it update!!
    Well, I can't speak to what you're doing, but it works if you follow the instructions.

Nor do you need to pontificate to me. I'm just trying to help.
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-21-17 11:48 AM
    Yes
    12-21-17 12:12 PM
    Just follow the instructions posted on the update, and it will install fine.
    After following the instructions in the KB article the update installed as expected.

The question still remains, why can't the update be designed to not require a workaround. As has been mentioned, uninformed or technically naive users would never get through or even know about the workaround.

I've always been satisfied with my 2 DTEK50's but have to wonder about the integrity of the current support system.
    CDM76 likes this.
    12-21-17 12:21 PM
    I did a call in and still shows no update. Wonder if they pulled it because of the issue.
    Why is your 60 in a drawer?
    I would love to have a 60.
    If you can wait a couple of weeks I'm going to put up a DTEK 60, 50, PRIV, OG Passport, and Q10 (all factory unlocked) bundle for sale here for somewhere around $350 for all or best offer.

I have a one plus 5t on the way. I download the BB hub app. That's the main reason I stayed with Blackberry.
    dpw09 likes this.
    12-21-17 12:22 PM
    Smart Lock needed to be reset and partially reconfigured following this update. Trusted places and trusted devices settings were lost in both my DTEK50's. On Body Detection was turned off.

Of course Bluetooth is always turned off after a re-boot.
    12-21-17 03:47 PM
    Update has appeared again and guess what? Yep, Verification Error. Come on Blackberry, have another go at releasing it! Third time lucky hey?
    12-21-17 03:48 PM
    Update has appeared again and guess what? Yep, Verification Error. Come on Blackberry, have another go at releasing it! Third time lucky hey?
    Just follow the instructions properly, and the update will install just fine.
    Ethynil likes this.
    12-21-17 03:55 PM
    If you can wait a couple of weeks I'm going to put up a DTEK 60, 50, PRIV, OG Passport, and Q10 (all factory unlocked) bundle for sale here for somewhere around $350 for all or best offer.

I have a one plus 5t on the way. I download the BB hub app. That's the main reason I stayed with Blackberry.
    I DM'd you
    12-21-17 04:30 PM
109 12345