When I attempted to look up the phone number of a colleague in my university's directory through BB contacts, it tells me I need at least 4 characters to make a search. My colleague's name is 3 letters long. Is this length constraint something I can change? I could not see how to do it.
    11-25-16 10:59 AM
    I think this is probably done at the BES level. Can you try searching using your colleague's first and last name? For example, let's say your name is Anthony Hor, can you do a search like Hor, An? I know when I look up my colleagues via the address book, I need to do this since we are an international organization and I am searching our global address book.
    11-25-16 12:59 PM
    I have the reverse but our solution may help you. For us, as soon as we start typing a single letter every name comes up! So an asterisk* is used to limit the search or extend it depending on your settings. Try typing the three letters and then * and you may get a list of everyone with those 3 letters starting with the smallest?
    11-25-16 01:27 PM
    I think this is probably done at the BES level. Can you try searching using your colleague's first and last name? For example, let's say your name is Anthony Hor, can you do a search like Hor, An? I know when I look up my colleagues via the address book, I need to do this since we are an international organization and I am searching our global address book.
    Thanks. Just adding a comma after his last name did the job.
    anon(9733642) likes this.
    11-25-16 03:10 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried adding a * but that didn't work. I guess it was looking for a 4th letter.
    11-25-16 03:12 PM
    Thanks. Just adding a comma after his last name did the job.
    Glad it worked for you. There is always a way.
    11-27-16 10:51 PM