Got a Blackberry Dtek50 to test at work (after I managed to convince my manager to get me one, might save us money, etc), and I'm "discovering it". If I like it, I'll get one for personal use. At the moment, for that I have the Q10, and obviously, I want the Dtek50 to be as cool as the Q10, but with Android, so I can use Whatsapp (the only reason I'm abandoning the Q10).

Now, I speak and type in two languages, English and Spanish. The Q10's amazing keyboard can "guess" what language i'm typing and spell check and suggest workds accordingly. I am trying to get the Dtek50 to spell check in Spanish, but despite setting Input Language in both langagues, when I type in Spanish it underlines everything in red! Is there a way to get the device to spell check in Spanish? If not, that's OK, I'll learn to live with it, I guess.....

Another little bug I see: though my Hub accounts are only my work emails and text messages, Facebook notifications "sneak in", and once I install Twitter it will probably do the same. I miss the Hub Manager....

Damn you Whatsapp!!

I had the device for a day, and so far, I'm liking it. I still haven't tested/used everything, though.
    10-05-16 10:47 AM
    When you want to type and spell check in Spanish, press and hold the space key. You'll then be able to choose which language you want to use. Not as slick as on BB10 but it'll get the job done.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-06-16 12:21 AM
    When you want to type and spell check in Spanish, press and hold the space key. You'll then be able to choose which language you want to use. Not as slick as on BB10 but it'll get the job done.

That is not necessary, the keyboard on Android can recognize up to three languages as on BB10 (if not better).

Just be sure that in languages and settings menu you have the following listed.
    In my case I use it with three languages and there is no need to press the bar to switch between languages.

Attached Thumbnails Languages, keyboards and spell check-21239.jpg  
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-06-16 09:32 AM
    I have a similar setup with English and French but the keyboard never switches between the two unless I force it to do. Not sure why.

10-07-16 01:15 AM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    10-08-16 10:54 AM
    That is not necessary, the keyboard on Android can recognize up to three languages as on BB10 (if not better).

Just be sure that in languages and settings menu you have the following listed.
    In my case I use it with three languages and there is no need to press the bar to switch between languages.

Oh man! This is great. Thanks for posting this. This will save me a ton of time switching between keyboards!!!

I used SwiftKey before getting DTEK because of multi language support and after switching to DTEK, I've been switching between BlackBerry keyboard and SwiftKey when I needed to type in another language.
    10-09-16 07:33 AM