View Poll Results: Should the DTEK50 have an RGB notification LED?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

99 75.57%
  • No

1 0.76%
  • Doesn't matter

31 23.66%
    There is a notification light. It just flashes white instead of red. It's probably white because it doubles as a fish for the front camera

BBM: 5BF018C8 IG: iinkmywholebodiie
    If it has fish sign me up.

Posted via CB10
    hoytbowhunter and Ursus Rufus like this.
    08-03-16 07:37 AM
    If it has fish sign me up.

Posted via CB10
    I hope it's salmon. I love salmon...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Zidentia, Ursus Rufus and Hazo like this.
    08-03-16 08:17 PM
    I use both.

Use case:

Leave phone and walk away. Far enough you can't hear ringtone (or it's on silent). When you return to the phone, the flashing LED tells you if you missed something (and if you set a color, you know the category of that thing missed). If the LED is flashing, then I check lockscreen notifications. If the notification on the lockscreen is important, then I enter password to unlock phone.

So removing the LED would make me have to check the lockscreen every time I return to my phone. Without swipe to wake (missing in BlackBerry's Android), this becomes even more of a chore.
    You nailed it!!
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-05-16 11:15 AM
    I hope it's salmon. I love salmon...

It better be a squid with the ability to change colors!
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-07-16 01:43 PM
    It's not a big deal since this is more an Android device than it is a 'traditional' BlackBerry.
    This is common for Android devices and BlackBerry is releasing Android devices, so no big deal.

 Passport/SQW100-3  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    Perhaps but any real smartphone should have it. Samsung is primarily android and they seem to get it.

With that's said and the minimal 16 gb internal storage, this phone isn't happening for me. Still waiting with my Passport and not feeling anxious either. Passport is a marvel!!

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-07-16 02:02 PM
    The DTEK50 is one of the few rare Android mid-range phones that has a notification LED. If you want a RGB notification LED in an Android phone, you need to buy a premium phone like the Samsung Galaxy S7 or the Galaxy Note 7. None of the Samsung mid-range or entry level phones or any other major mid-range Android phones has a notification LED. A RGB notification LED is definitely preferred and hopefully BlackBerry will include a RGB notification LED for their future mid-range Android devices.
    08-07-16 03:05 PM
    It better be a squid with the ability to change colors!
    True, I like squid too...

08-07-16 05:25 PM
    They should have found a way to implement the RGB, as it is near and dear to all BlackBerry users and those who are new to it would see the benefit once using it. I always use different colours for contacts so I know if I actually need to check my phone now or leave it until later. Sadly, one colour kills that ability. Also, will a white notification not be much more annoying at night?

Posted via CB10
    This says everything I would want to say.

Sadly what others have said is true. White is an Android thing. It goes along with all the stark white screens and other elements, including notification bar etc etc. It's Material Design. It harkens to the clean look of pen and paper, doncha know? Mmhmm. All of human design history has lead to this. We've achieved design perfection. Everything else looks silly at best, dated at worst. Or perhaps vice versa.

Oh. Uh. Sorry.

So yes just makes sense to have a plain, searing white notification light. Yup yup.

I own a recent model Lenovo Motorola.. Trust me you're dead right on your last sentence.

Slowly, even Apple is backing out of headache white everything. On my public beta 6 of iOS 10, there are tidy bursts of properly saturated colour all over the place. Good on them.

Now where was I? Oh ya. A white LED light going off in your room in the night. It's lovely. Ya gotta try it.

Wait what's that sound? Oh. It's just my Lenovo Android sobbing quietly and lonely in the dark of my sock drawer.

Oh well.

Written on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-20-16 11:41 PM
    You will find a way to live on with that issue. It is not really an issue. It is not a traditional BlackBerry ;it is an Android device with BlackBerry software integrated and a BlackBerry logo on the back. You should be happy for at least it does have an LED indicator.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-16 11:48 PM
    I actually thought about the HTC a few months back, until I found out their notification LED is limited to only amber and green with no other possible combinations.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 10:44 AM
    I just use different tones for notifications. Thought I'd miss the different colors in the led. Don't care for it now

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-22-16 05:33 PM
    I actually turned the notification light off because it annoys me. So it's a non-issue for me.
    08-22-16 05:47 PM
    The DTEK50 comes with the White light, but you can get any light you want and to flash as many times as you want with the app ( BBringtones ) here's a picture of the settings. I use it on my BlackBerry Priv for certain lights.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv ™
    well this just solves the notification issue LED Blinker Notifications in the play store
    08-22-16 05:58 PM
    well this just solves the notification issue LED Blinker Notifications in the play store
    It is not an RGB led. The Priv is. You will only ever get a white light notification from the DTek, unless I am wrong.

Posted via CB10
    sethr likes this.
    08-22-16 07:08 PM
    The DTEK50 comes with the White light, but you can get any light you want and to flash as many times as you want with the app ( BBringtones ) here's a picture of the settings. I use it on my BlackBerry Priv for certain lights.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv ™
    It is not an RGB led. The Priv is. You will only ever get a white light notification from the DTek, unless I am wrong.

Posted via CB10
    This app "LED Blinker"
    08-22-16 07:12 PM
    Lol lol same here. Same it for front camera flash

08-22-16 08:32 PM
    I think it'll be back in the next version.
    08-23-16 08:33 AM
    This app "LED Blinker"
    Are you saying that app can make a white LED change colour? I'm confused.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 01:54 PM
    NONO

I will put the blinking light on the screen and you can position it at the tom or bottom.

Check out the app preview and see
    08-23-16 03:31 PM
    NONO

I will put the blinking light on the screen and you can position it at the tom or bottom.

Check out the app preview and see
    Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for clarifying.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 05:40 PM
    Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for clarifying.

Posted via CB10
    You bet
    08-23-16 06:04 PM
    Really, who cares about RGB colors. Come on its a smart phone that does internet. And this obsession with fingerprint recognition? Its minor at best, totally irrelevant for me as I've never had and won't ever have an iPhone. The DTEK50 is actually a very good multiuse handset for a reasonable price. I've just got 31 hours out of a charge after a week and its got all the facilities, permission s and apps I need. Why be so picky? Just get one and enjoy

CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-24-16 04:26 PM
    Sorry make that 31 hours since last charge. Don't know where a week on predictive came from !!!!

08-24-16 04:29 PM
    BlackBerry was my first smartphone (Curve 8330) and I've never used anything else. Glancing at my phone from even across a room and knowing exactly what's coming in by the little colorful blinking light has been a part of my daily routine. As much I like the Dtek, it just ain't the same.

My name is Jimmy and I am a BlackBerryaholic.
    08-24-16 05:20 PM
    ...then please: open your mind and be free for something new or just keep your good old Blackberry.

If I read all the comments about blackberry and the "good old times" here, it feels for me like most of the people here must be mentally retired since ages.
    08-26-16 01:47 AM
203 ... 34567 ...