View Poll Results: Should the DTEK50 have an RGB notification LED?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

99 75.57%
  • No

1 0.76%
  • Doesn't matter

31 23.66%
    If a RGB LED was really sooooo expensive, why didn't they just use a red one instead of white?
    The red LED has been such an iconic feature of all BB's so far, even on the cheapest models, if I remember correctly.
    In times where so many features that made BB great are getting lost, this would have been a comparably easy one to preserve. And a nice gesture towards the 'older' BB users.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-30-16 09:45 AM
    If a RGB LED was really sooooo expensive, why didn't they just use a red one instead of white?
    The red LED has been such an iconic feature of all BB's so far, even on the cheapest models, if I remember correctly.
    In times where so many features that made BB great are getting lost, this would have been a comparably easy one to preserve. And a nice gesture towards the 'older' BB users.
    Times have changed. What would be the benefit of a red LED? I thought a while about it and did not find a benefit.

Nowadays front cameras are a bit more important and with a white LED you do have a benefit for the front camera: the white LED is a flash too.
    08-01-16 02:31 AM
    Since I'm Red/Green color blind, never knew I even had it! How about that.
    08-01-16 05:07 AM
    I believe my s3 had LED colors lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for for Priv
    08-01-16 06:06 AM
    I have Z30. Used to rely on color LED's all the time until I got my pebble watch. Now I don't even notice it. No longer necessary for me.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 06:30 AM
    Times have changed. What would be the benefit of a red LED? I thought a while about it and did not find a benefit.

Nowadays front cameras are a bit more important and with a white LED you do have a benefit for the front camera: the white LED is a flash too.
    The white LED is a lot more annoying than the red one that isn't as bright. I don't want the entire world to know whenever I'm getting a notification. But you're right, to most people taking selfies is the most important thing in a phone. Just not for me...

But it's not the red color, the thread is about the loss of the RGB LED which was different colors. I use that to know what notifications are waiting for me. Very helpful...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Hazo likes this.
    08-01-16 06:43 AM
    RGB LED is a must for me. I would love to support BlackBerry but until then I will keep using my PP.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    The_Passporter likes this.
    08-01-16 02:52 PM
    On screen notifications even when locked will help.
    I like multi colour but regardless of LED flashing I always clear my messages right away. I will miss it but not a deal killer.. IPhone and most Androids don't have any light notifications.. It will still be in white but you won't be able to know what source it came from. Not with LED alone.
    Use on screen notifications for this device even when locked.

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    This. I have been with BlackBerry since 09 and my curve 8900, but I haven't used the coloured led's until like 2 years ago on my q10. When I see flashing, i'll just check the home screen to see what's causing the flash, and either clear it or move on. The colour is nice, but I can live with the white as regardless of colour flashing, my reaction is the same.
    08-01-16 05:01 PM
    Blackberry has spoiled me with the colored LED. I remember years ago I bought an iPhone, and out of ignorance, I thought EVERY phone had a color LED.....thought it was as standard as a speaker. I took the iPhone back an hour later solely because it didn't have it.

There's just something about laying my phone across the room from me, as I'm napping, to glancing at the phone and know exactly what's going on with it, without even touching the phone.
    #priceless

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-01-16 05:51 PM
    So Detek will have a notification Led but its white color only, true?

Posted via PRIV. Etisalat
    08-02-16 05:55 AM

True

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 06:26 AM

And, originally intended to be the flash for the front facing camera.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 06:39 AM
    I'm fine with a white light. It's probably even more noticeable than a red light or any of the other colours. I tried doing the customized colours for each type of notification but then the phone started looking like a christmas tree and was kinda goofy.

So what I prefer now is to have the phone on silent at all times, with notification light set to default and the screen to come on when there's a notification. This has worked remarkably well.

DTEK50 is probably my next phone, this RGB LED is not a deal breaker for me. Breaking down the notifications by colour is too high a level of OCD for me. Besides when the phone screen turns on I can see who is messaging me or what the notification is.
    08-02-16 07:03 AM
    But, but... John Chen said they were a "phone design house" .
    Chen says anything that comes to mind and then walks it back. Much like Donald J. Trump.

Z5 Premium - 6.0.1 - T-Mobile USA
    sethr likes this.
    08-02-16 07:56 AM
    Chen says anything that comes to mind and then walks it back. Much like Donald J. Trump.

LOL, because one politician is different from another right? They love people like you. 😂

08-02-16 11:44 AM
    This may sound stupid, but I will not purchase this phone because of this.... so stupid BlackBerry! Your led is a trademark.

Posted via CB10
    conker and gnirkatto like this.
    08-02-16 03:01 PM
    My wife also complaining after I pre-roder the phone when I told her it has only white notification. She was thinking I made a joke because she using blackBerry for almost 10 years and she always the led notification for calls from important departments. Only white notification is a dumb thing from BlackBerry she said.

Just the RGB is some kind of brand recognition and she heavy sigh that the get dumber and bumber with every phone and complaining about the leap, Z3 and that after the Z30 there was no alternative and the Priv was crazy priced if you like to sell some phone's. She sigh and she said ok , I try out that phone or else I go back to my Z30 again after she ever tried windows and one day Apple crap.
    08-02-16 03:14 PM
    Lack of RGB notification LED-btk8-y1ieaa9qxj.jpg

Posted via CB10
    kitmo and The_Passporter like this.
    08-02-16 03:35 PM
    Guys, there is no RBG LED because it would have required manufacturing a new motherboard design just for one LED. They used the Idol 4 motherboard to save costs, and that's why we are able to get the DTEK 50 for $300.

Posted via CB10
    SolarBear28 likes this.
    08-02-16 10:06 PM
    LOL, because one politician is different from another right? They love people like you. 😂

Not comparing politicians. Just using Trump as a reference point to Chen. If some other famous person, politician or not, acted like Chen I would have referenced that.

I can't really say Chen reminds me of Joe Doaks up in 4th floor accounting because no one would know what I was talking about.

Chen and Trump would probably get on great. Better than Chen and say Bernie Sanders.

08-02-16 11:39 PM
    Guys, there is no RBG LED because it would have required manufacturing a new motherboard design just for one LED. They used the Idol 4 motherboard to save costs, and that's why we are able to get the DTEK 50 for $300.

Posted via CB10
    We've already established that.

But that won't stop us from complaining about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 11:54 PM
    We've already established that.

But that won't stop us from complaining about it.

Posted via CB10
    Can't argue with that logic. Guess I'll join along with the chorus:

Why is there no RGB notification LED on the DTEK 50, BB?
    08-03-16 12:40 AM
    Would an app like , that puts the light on the display not work? Just might end up being hit and miss with marshmallow randomly shutting off stuff that runs in the background.
    The DTEK50 comes with the White light, but you can get any light you want and to flash as many times as you want with the app ( BBringtones ) here's a picture of the settings. I use it on my BlackBerry Priv for certain lights.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv �
    Attached Thumbnails Lack of RGB notification LED-143495.jpg  
    texn884 likes this.
    08-03-16 01:22 AM
    You can not change the color of a white single color hardware LED, except you stick colored foil over it.

There will also no software update be available, that makes DTEK50 water resistant.
    08-03-16 07:05 AM
    There is a notification light. It just flashes white instead of red. It's probably white because it doubles as a fish for the front camera

BBM: 5BF018C8 IG: iinkmywholebodiie
    08-03-16 07:09 AM
203 ... 23456 ...