View Poll Results: Should the DTEK50 have an RGB notification LED?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

99 75.57%
  • No

1 0.76%
  • Doesn't matter

31 23.66%
    What do you guys think of the lack of the RGB notification LED that has been a staple of BlackBerry smartphones for years? Honestly, this is a major issue for me. I rely on the red notification LED to let me know if I missed a notification while away from my phone.
    07-26-16 12:01 PM
    It's not a big deal since this is more an Android device than it is a 'traditional' BlackBerry.
    This is common for Android devices and BlackBerry is releasing Android devices, so no big deal.

 Passport/SQW100-3  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    syclone1978 likes this.
    07-26-16 12:07 PM
    It's not a big deal since this is more an Android device than it is a 'traditional' BlackBerry.
    This is common for Android devices and BlackBerry is releasing Android devices, so no big deal.

Especially since BlackBerry didn't do the hardware design on this one.
    07-26-16 12:08 PM
    I ordered it today. Have to admit a bit of disappointment about notification light. But must have a work around if needed like a sound
    kitmo and asiayeah like this.
    07-26-16 12:10 PM
    They should have found a way to implement the RGB, as it is near and dear to all BlackBerry users and those who are new to it would see the benefit once using it. I always use different colours for contacts so I know if I actually need to check my phone now or leave it until later. Sadly, one colour kills that ability. Also, will a white notification not be much more annoying at night?

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-26-16 12:12 PM
    But, but... John Chen said they were a "phone design house" .
    Sairos and Q10Bold like this.
    07-26-16 12:34 PM
    Definitely an issue, I will stick on my PRIV

Posted via the CrackBerry app on PRIV by BlackBerry
    07-26-16 12:36 PM
    It is an issue for current and former BlackBerry users. For the target audience it is not. The mid to low end device users are familiar with Android features. Those are users that BlackBerry needs to bring in to keep the device segment stable and they won't even notice a difference.

This is an entry level device running Android 6. Let's hope that the Android Berry features help restore confidence in the brand and the understanding of how BlackBerry features benefit the user. Small steps, then start climbing the mountain.

Posted from my reluctantly purchased Priv
    jope28, Pistooli and presean like this.
    07-26-16 12:49 PM
    But, but... John Chen said they were a "phone design house" .
    OK - Let's stick a logo on the back? Are we done here? We are done here, let's break for lunch team.
    JeepBB, jas1978, aodash and 6 others like this.
    07-26-16 01:12 PM
    No notification light or is it white? I thought I read earlier today it was a white one which is eird ebih

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 02:13 PM
    Not having the BlackBerry notification LED is just stupid. I see no reason for doing this.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    07-26-16 02:26 PM
    I can live without it as I still by habit always click my phone to see if calls emails etc. BlackBerry Blend is a way more important missing feature!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-26-16 02:33 PM
    This.

I assign specific colours to specific apps so I know what messages are coming through.

E-mail = Yellow
    BBM - Red
    Whatsapp - Green
    Twitter - blue

Ect

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    fastberrytxt, jas1978 and Avenzuno like this.
    07-26-16 02:40 PM
    yeah...i really really miss blend.....
    FF22 and croman like this.
    07-26-16 02:45 PM
    I do not need the colored notification light. I depend on my phone ringtone or the vibrate notification for my Passport.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    07-26-16 02:46 PM
    This.

I assign specific colours to specific apps so I know what messages are coming through.

E-mail = Yellow
    BBM - Red
    Whatsapp - Green
    Twitter - blue

Ect

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    I have my color code too as plenty of BB users!
    For me too, that's a legacy and useful feature.

But as pointed earlier, we are not the real target for that phone...and then plenty will not get it! ;p

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    07-26-16 02:46 PM

I've been spoiled with the BlackBerry OS 5.0 - BlackBerry 7 and the LG G4 LED capabilities. For the longest time I've had a device that had some sort of LED notification system. Having just one colour is okay, but I really would like the RGB LED, It makes it so much easier to have your device on your desk and if it's on silent mode (not vibrate) the LED notifications are a quick way of knowing which app you are getting messages from.
    07-26-16 02:50 PM

Several Android devices, including the Samsung S# series have color LEDs. Not just a BlackBerry thing.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-26-16 02:56 PM
    What do you guys think of the lack of the RGB notification LED that has been a staple of BlackBerry smartphones for years? Honestly, this is a major issue for me. I rely on the red notification LED to let me know if I missed a notification while away from my phone.
    Hate it, hope it won't be a trend. That and no wireless charging. I love my notification LED, don't bother those around me and I know what type(s) of notifications is/are waiting. And love just tossing my phone into the wireless charging cradle at night and forgetting about it and in the morning I just quickly snatch the phone up one-handed to get going.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-26-16 03:01 PM
    Several Android devices, including the Samsung S# series have color LEDs. Not just a BlackBerry thing.
    Not anymore. But it wasn't exactly an Android staple prior to BB making it their thing. Fandroids made fun of it when they didn't have it, now they use it as a reason why they are better than Apple...

07-26-16 03:02 PM
    Maybe u should dig the roots and find who started it first?? BlackBerry or samsung!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 03:04 PM
    I like the notification LED. I like being able to have different colors based on type of notification.

There are several reasons why I'll pass on this phone (being android is not one of them - that, I'm okay with). Only 16 Gb of storage being my initial source of hesitation. Now the notification LED not being color customizable and only white.

How could BlackBerry get that "hardware root of trust" unless they provide some custom hardware, and forget a custom RGB LED?

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-26-16 03:20 PM
    According to the video below it will have a LED indicator that will pulse when receiving new notifications.

http://demos.blackberry.com/dtek50-b...-interface.mp4
    07-26-16 03:27 PM
    According to the video below it will have a LED indicator that will pulse when receiving new notifications.

[video]http://demos.blackberry.com/dtek50-by-blackberry/na/ca/gen/videos/dtek50-overview-smartphone-interface.mp4[/url]
    *RGB* LED...

07-26-16 03:32 PM
    As a deaf person I can always rely on vibrating notification if I have the phone in hand but cannot hear it when on a table or surface unless I'm watching it. Hence no notification LED is a HUGE issue for me. How am I supposed to know if I get a new message, etc... unless I check my phone every couple of minutes? Thanks BlackBerry for joining ranks of corporate designers that put the "dis" in "disability".
    07-26-16 03:38 PM
203 123 ...