Hi all,

My son was trying to get into my wife's Dtek and played with the pattern password and exhausted the 10 tries. Now the phone is asking me to enter "BlackBerry "...do I enter it? She's only had the phone a few months now and is devastated that she's going to lose everything. I'm trying to find a solution for her. Do I call BlackBerry for assistance??

Anyone please!!?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 01:31 PM
    Hi all,

My son was trying to get into my wife's Dtek and played with the pattern password and exhausted the 10 tries. Now the phone is asking me to enter "BlackBerry "...do I enter it? She's only had the phone a few months now and is devastated that she's going to lose everything. I'm trying to find a solution for her. Do I call BlackBerry for assistance??

Anyone please!!?

Posted via CB10
    I **THINK** after you enter "Blackberry" and it knows that a human is there (and not a kid), it may give you another opportunity to unlock it with the official Pattern. If I recall it really stops at NINE tries or thereabouts and throws up the type "Blackberry" so that something like this does not happen.

And for future reference, regular backups (not that I do them) are a good idea.

Good luck. And she can buy me a bottle of wine if it works.
    04-30-17 02:38 PM
    Haha. Think she owes me a bottle of wine. Turns out my son had exhausted only 6 tries so when I entered BlackBerry she had 4 tries left. All was good and devastation averted...for now!

Will teach her to give her phone to a five year old!!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and ManuelRodriguez like this.
    04-30-17 05:07 PM