Selling as fast as they can make them?

Would love to see sales figures backing up this claim.
    They are building to orders that is why "selling as fast as they can make them".

No retailer is stocking more (extras) unless it's spoken for.
    07-11-17 05:08 AM
    Just checked with Rogers support. The Dtek50 update is available now apparently and the KEYone update is scheduled for July 17.
    07-11-17 06:15 AM
    For whatever reason, the Jun patch has so far only been pushed by Canadian carriers.
    Maybe the pigeons they are using to deliver it have been blown off course, can't really think of any other explanation apart from 'there is no update' ..
    3 weeks to get it to Canada? God only knows if it will ever survive the trip across the 'pond' to UK & EU?? Can only assume they are 'pushing' in in a handcart then!!
    crackberry_geek and tw820 like this.
    07-11-17 07:29 AM
    Thanks! I think this is a really good phone. Hope they wouldn't forget us.
    07-11-17 08:11 PM
    So, have again contacted BB UK, and asked what has happened to June & July security updates...
    Guy took my IMEI model, and umm'd and err'd and said that they were unable to comment at this time, but he has raised a 'ticket' for me (the 2nd one, first still not even acknowledged!!) and someone 'should be in touch at some point!! Unable to help any more, so ended call!!

Think this signals the end.... for me, anyway.
    Looking to move the Dtek on, sadly, before it becomes worthless..
    07-12-17 12:56 PM
    Maybe the pigeons they are using to deliver it have been blown off course, can't really think of any other explanation apart from 'there is no update' ..
    3 weeks to get it to Canada? God only knows if it will ever survive the trip across the 'pond' to UK & EU?? Can only assume they are 'pushing' in in a handcart then!!
    If it's been pushed to Canadian carriers I sure as heck haven't seen it
    07-12-17 01:40 PM
    If it's been pushed to Canadian carriers I sure as heck haven't seen it
    Only those locked to the carriers.

Rogers and Telus confirmed.
    07-12-17 01:58 PM
    Only those locked to the carriers.

Rogers and Telus confirmed.
    WHY?
    why should 'carriers' get the updated long, long before all the 'unlocked' ones?
    Obviously BB haven't got a clue what they are doing!!
    Total and utter contept for all those who were 'conned' into purchasing 'shop BB' to get the updates 'faster' than carrier branded!!
    So, what the Heck IS REALLY going on here??
    07-12-17 02:02 PM
    So, what the Heck IS REALLY going on here??
    Excellent question.

They have the update in hand, but are sitting on it.
    07-12-17 02:03 PM
    Excellent question.

They have the update in hand, but are sitting on it.
    Really??? and the next excuse is?? they run out of stamps to post it out, I suppose??
    07-12-17 02:46 PM
    I got the June update a few days ago. My DTEK50 is unlocked. But I bought it at Staples not shop BlackBerry. No idea why I would get the update first. Usually not the case.
    I bought mine from staples too. Still no update. Using Telus network. You?
    07-12-17 08:08 PM
    I'm unlocked bought from Shop.Blackberry in October last year on Dtek50. still no June or July update here either. I am running on Fido. a response from @blackberryhelp on Twitter said they send the patches out in batches and that I should contact my carrier. failing that I need to contact my dtek50 support team. still trying to find that contact info. any help would be appreciated.
    07-13-17 07:20 AM
    I bought mine from staples too. Still no update. Using Telus network. You?
    Koodo. Which is a Telus subsidiary. Strange that you don't have the June update.

There has to be a better way to distribute these updates.

Once completed why can't they be made available for download from the Play Store like any other update?
    07-13-17 09:49 AM
    I'm unlocked bought from Shop.Blackberry in October ....... I need to contact my dtek50 support team. still trying to find that contact info. any help would be appreciated.
    Similar to my own situation, with one of my DTEK50's being bought at launch, the other in October., both from shopbb.com (with high hopes and expectations).

Tech support number: (855) 556-2522

I called today, and was required to go through a number of procedures including trying to check for updates after removing the SIM, and also by entering the following into the dial pad with the SIM installed

*#*#2432546#*#*

This generates a notification on the phone that indicates whether contact has been made. the procedure apparently pings the update site?? but none of these strategies resulted in an update being made available.

The then had me submit bug reports for both my DTEK50's and am expecting a report on the interpretation of the bug reports in one or two days.

Sure makes me wonder, while keeping expectations low!
    07-13-17 09:55 AM
    Wow. Cheers for that! I love my phone but if it's going to be as secure as any other android due to lack of security updates, there really is no other reason to have a blackberry. I've been looking into Oneplus phones as I have seen others post on here.
    07-13-17 10:04 AM
    I also called them today and I went through something similar. They told me that there are issues with the June update, and they are working to push out June and July as a batch update.
    dpw09 likes this.
    07-13-17 01:34 PM
    Speedy reply from Tech Support with no meaningful information:

Here is your BlackBerry Case number xxxxxx , should you need it for future reference or follow-up.

Our highest tier has informed us that the new update is not yet available for all devices. It will be available in the near future.

I look forward to continuing to work with you in order to support your issue.

Should you wish to follow-up via email, please reply directly and ensure the subject is not changed.

Thank you,
    Irai Roque
    BlackBerry Customer Support
    NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
    UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
    Europe: +44 1753 558400
    Worldwide: +1-647-426-1108
    Web: Cell Phones, Smartphones & Mobile Phones from BlackBerry.com
    07-13-17 03:49 PM
    Looks like priv got June and July, it's just the two DTEKs failing
    07-13-17 04:18 PM
    Speedy reply from Tech Support with no meaningful information:
    I'm in the UK, and phoned in, as mentioned in earlier post. Guy was not very helpful, took phone model and IMEI, gave me a case number, and said that someone would be in touch shortly...said he 'couldn't comment on the updates at that time'
    Not really holding my breath here...2 months late, and counting....
    Ethynil likes this.
    07-13-17 04:22 PM
    Looks like priv got June and July, it's just the two DTEKs failing
    Except I got the June update a week ago for my DTEK50. So did a few other posters if you look up thread.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-13-17 05:54 PM
    Except I got the June update a week ago for my DTEK50. So did a few other posters if you look up thread.
    Yes some have but clearly many have not. From what it looks like though, the only ones having trouble at all are the DTEKs
    hemodad likes this.
    07-13-17 06:06 PM
    From the looks of it, many more haven't than have sadly...and it appears those that did are carrier locked??
    07-14-17 08:15 AM
    Just getting mine now 182.5MB, TMO south Florida bought unlocked.
    dpw09 likes this.
    07-14-17 02:21 PM
    Just getting mine now 182.5MB, TMO south Florida bought unlocked.
    Just manually checked because of you message and also have 182.5mb download.
    Telus Ontario staples unlocked
    07-14-17 02:23 PM
    Just popped up UK unlocked from BlackBerry on 02
    07-14-17 02:28 PM
264 ... 678910 ...