Since we know the DTEK50 June patch at least has been available for a long time, but wasn't pushed, may indicate server issues. Hard to say.
    We only know it was ''available' because BB said so, probably not pushed as they no longer wish to support the 'legacy' items perhaps??
    Not really holding out any hope of EVER seeing anything for these two 'orphans' despite BB 'words' to the contrary.
    BB basically just a bunch of downright 'liars' no more, no less... repeatedly stating 'the update is ready for release' yet nothing appears, AGAIN....
    Server issues my ***...sheer 'couldn't carelessitis' more like..
    07-09-17 04:04 PM
    We only know it was ''available' because BB said so,
    No.

AAM312 was finished, submitted to PTCRB for approval, was approved, and was posted on its site - all before the end of June. This means it has been available for at least two or three weeks.

It has been pushed already through Canadian carriers.
    07-09-17 04:07 PM
    Words, words, words....much like June, and soon to be July...
    ACTION not words, 5 WEEKS late already, and nothing.....................
    You are welcome to your view, and I am to mine...
    Strange this 'AAM312' was submitted for JUNE, yet July and STILL not here??
    Maybe next month, or the month after that, or.......
    07-09-17 04:10 PM
    Words, words, words....much like June, and soon to be July...
    ACTION not words, 5 WEEKS late already, and nothing.....................
    You are welcome to your view, and I am to mine...
    Strange this 'AAM312' was submitted for JUNE, yet July and STILL not here??
    Maybe next month, or the month after that, or.......
    What do you mean "words" and "view" ?

PTCRB obviously saw the June AAM312 DTEK50 build - it's posted on their site. Canadian carriers have pushed it too.

Are you suggesting all of this is fantasy?
    07-09-17 04:13 PM
    The point is this -> Whatever the reason... there is no acceptable excuse.

And to keep making excuses, as if it's ok... is over the top ridiculous.

Conite... I have deep respect for the help you've offered in these forums over the years... but the blinders are really beginning to affect your credibility.

I can't be the only one who wishes you could see that.
    07-09-17 08:39 PM
    The point is this -> Whatever the reason... there is no acceptable excuse.
    In this particular case, I'm not trying to excuse, I'm trying to play detective and figure it out.
    07-09-17 09:15 PM
    I got the June update a few days ago. My DTEK50 is unlocked. But I bought it at Staples not shop BlackBerry. No idea why I would get the update first. Usually not the case.
    07-09-17 10:37 PM
    Had it for a couple of days. What's this pop-up statement about GPS Status?
    07-10-17 05:10 AM
    What do you mean "words" and "view" ?

PTCRB obviously saw the June AAM312 DTEK50 build - it's posted on their site. Canadian carriers have pushed it too.

Are you suggesting all of this is fantasy?
    Well, lets just say there are no posts stating they have the June updates, 5 weeks late, and none regarding the July updates...
    My unlocked Dtek50 has not had any updates since the May one, (released on 5th, actually arrived on 24th?i think)..
    Pray tell where the 'missing' ones are then, 'lost somewhere in the ether' perhaps??
    More people without these updates than with it appears!!
    Ethynil likes this.
    07-10-17 10:36 AM
    Well, lets just say there are no posts stating they have the June updates, 5 weeks late, and none regarding the July updates...
    My unlocked Dtek50 has not had any updates since the May one, (released on 5th, actually arrived on 24th?i think)..
    Pray tell where the 'missing' ones are then, 'lost somewhere in the ether' perhaps??
    More people without these updates than with it appears!!
    For whatever reason, the Jun patch has so far only been pushed by Canadian carriers.
    07-10-17 10:48 AM
    For whatever reason, the Jun patch has so far only been pushed by Canadian carriers.
    I honestly don't know why BB just won't admit they have no intention to provide any further updates of any sort for Dtek & Priv, and be honest.
    Because that's what's happening, all this 'guff' about 'released version' when nobody is actually getting anything at all...
    Honesty would be the DECENT thing for BB to do, before fading into history...
    Monthly updates my foot.....
    07-10-17 04:02 PM
    I honestly don't know why BB just won't admit they have no intention to provide any further updates of any sort for Dtek & Priv, and be honest.
    Because that's not the case. Privs are receiving July, and DTEK50s are receiving June.
    07-10-17 04:10 PM
    Because that's not the case. Privs are receiving July, and DTEK50s are receiving June.
    Not here in UK they are not.........
    Just tried now, 'your system is up to date' last checked for update at 10:20pm (UK time)!!
    07-10-17 04:21 PM
    No official from Blackberry or TCL/Blackberry Mobile will give you a definitive answer as to the status of the Dtek phone. if they came out and told you that support and updates have stopped that would turn people away from buying their last hope product which is Keyone.
    The spokespeople here will continue with their speculation and lead people on to give false hope to potential Keyone customers. It's only natural to expect that as Keyone advertising is the #1 source of revenue for the forum.
    07-10-17 05:05 PM
    No official from Blackberry or TCL/Blackberry Mobile will give you a definitive answer as to the status of the Dtek phone. if they came out and told you that support and updates have stopped that would turn people away from buying their last hope product which is Keyone.
    The spokespeople here will continue with their speculation and lead people on to give false hope to potential Keyone customers. It's only natural to expect that as Keyone advertising is the #1 source of revenue for the forum.
    Actually KEYᵒⁿᵉ is not a Last Hope device. TCL has made a long-term commitment to the brand, and already has at least two more devices in late stages of work.
    07-10-17 05:14 PM
    Conite,

While I respected your input on other topics, your continued defense of the Corporation in this thread at best is comical and at worst jeopardizing your credibility.

I have 2 DTEK50's purchased from shopbb.com at launch, that until May 5, received system updates as soon as others on this Forum posted receiving theirs.

It's clear there is a problem that goes back to June, and the uncertainty this problem has generated is quickly eroding confidence in the Corporation, not only by long time BB supporters, but also by recent adopters of BB Android like myself.

The conspicuous absence of insight and commentary from Forum leaders is additionally troubling, especially since this Forum is was considered to be a primary support source for BB, following the demise of their own support Forum, leading to concerns about credibility in the Forum itself.

The only certainty coming out of this latest uncertainty about continuing support for our DTEK50's is buyer's remorse.
    Wmsi likes this.
    07-10-17 05:53 PM
    Conite,

While I respected your input on other topics, your continued defense of the Corporation in this thread at best is comical and at worst jeopardizing your credibility.

I have 2 DTEK50's purchased from shopbb.com at launch, that until May 5, received system updates as soon as others on this Forum posted receiving theirs.

It's clear there is a problem that goes back to June, and the uncertainty this problem has generated is quickly eroding confidence in the Corporation, not only by long time BB supporters, but also by recent adopters of BB Android like myself.

The conspicuous absence of insight and commentary from Forum leaders is additionally troubling, especially since this Forum is was considered to be a primary support source for BB, following the demise of their own support Forum, leading to concerns about credibility in the Forum itself.

The only certainty coming out of this latest uncertainty about continuing support for our DTEK50's is buyer's remorse.
    I have stated repeatedly that I am not defending BlackBerry, nor am I suggesting there is not a problem with distribution of the updates.

I am strictly responding to the allegation that the DTEKs are officially EOL - which they are categorically not.
    07-10-17 06:02 PM
    Actually KEYᵒⁿᵉ is not a Last Hope device. TCL has made a long-term commitment to the brand, and already has at least two more devices in late stages of work.
    Stop it. You made spit out my beer laughing so hard. RIM, Blackberry has been saying the same thing for years. They even said the same when they switched over to Android and we seen what happened.

TCL has promised 2 more devices by year end. We are approaching mid July and I haven't seen anything in leaks yet. They are having a huge failure with Keyone launch for last three month's. I have my doubts we'll see anything by year end.
    07-10-17 08:30 PM
    Stop it. You made spit out my beer laughing so hard. RIM, Blackberry has been saying the same thing for years. They even said the same when they switched over to Android and we seen what happened.

TCL has promised 2 more devices by year end. We are approaching mid July and I haven't seen anything in leaks yet. They are having a huge failure with Keyone launch for last three month's. I have my doubts we'll see anything by year end.
    They're still selling them as fast as they can make them, so we'll see how it all washes out in the end.

But yes, they are in this for the long haul. They spent tens of millions setting this all up.
    07-10-17 08:33 PM
    They spent tens of millions setting this all up.
    Source? Speculation? Or inside information?
    07-10-17 08:58 PM
    More false unsubstantiated information to give people false hope and push more sales. More sales equal more revenue for the site. Simple stuff really.
    07-10-17 09:02 PM
    More false unsubstantiated information to give people false hope and push more sales. More sales equal more revenue for the site. Simple stuff really.
    I have no affiliation with this site apart from being given a designation as someone that's contributed a lot.
    07-10-17 09:03 PM

We have already seen rumors of a slab device
    07-10-17 09:44 PM
    Actually the source was a conversation I was able to listen in on at the KEYone Canadian release event at One Restaurant . It was straight from an executive (in the hierarchy) of BlackBerry Mobile. I'm not going to name names, but Conite continues to use the words "BlackBerry Mobile is in it for the long haul" , because that was the exact words used by this executive during his discussion with Conite.
    07-10-17 09:52 PM
    They're still selling them as fast as they can make them, so we'll see how it all washes out in the end.

But yes, they are in this for the long haul. They spent tens of millions setting this all up.
    Selling as fast as they can make them?

Would love to see sales figures backing up this claim.
    07-11-17 02:43 AM
264 ... 56789 ...