Even if TCL and the other two licencees thought it would adversely affect their own sales, they would have funded the overtime themselves for BlackBerry to address the BlackBerry devices. Clearly they do not.
    They're not savy enough to even know... obviously.
    07-07-17 12:46 AM
    We don't know anything about TCL apart from their promise for 2 years of security updates. BlackBerry's track record is completely irrelevant.
    Come on mate, you can't say the track record of BlackBerry is irrelevant, keep it real. We're discussing here how their decisions of how their business model operates affects end user consumers who own a device with a BlackBerry logo on running their software and the security updates they provide. In a BlackBerry orientated forum.
    Everything is relevant.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    07-07-17 01:52 AM
    Come on mate, you can't say the track record of BlackBerry is irrelevant, keep it real. We're discussing here how their decisions of how their business model operates affects end user consumers who own a device with a BlackBerry logo on running their software and the security updates they provide. In a BlackBerry orientated forum.
    Everything is relevant.
    Stop... you're making too much sense... gibberish must prevail!
    07-07-17 02:02 AM
    OMG, I just returned to see if BB indeed did update and if I jumped the gun by selling my DTEK50.

This post that I had started has blown up lol

Conite did initially tell folks to chill its only the first week of June and 'sheesh' and what not lol, well it's July 7th anyway, not here to throw salt on open wounds.

I just wanted to let folks know I bought a refurbished OnePlus2, for like $160, I was afraid to unlock the OEM and flash it with LineageOS but after doing my due dilegence, I did and all was fine.

I even did not have to 'root' my android OnePlus2, the oneplus2 team actually has a youtube video explaining how to unlock and actually encourage to try different ROM's.

Anyway, long story short, I have a phone with 4GB ram, 64GB internal storage(enough for me, no external storage allowed), a fingerprint scanner, the camera in my opinion is better than the DTEK50 and I am on the latest July security patch which I manually booted into recovery mode and flashed, all my data is always there after flashing the nightly build.

I must admit a couple of things though, it sometimes is a pain to download 400+MB each time there is an update, but I dont mind really. I do really hold my breath everytime I flash LineageOS using TWRP recovery as I might loose my data. The battery life on LTE networks isin't that great, however, there is a huge support community on the OnePlus forum and the developer is super fast on releasing the updates.

It's a 2 year old phone I'm currently talking about that is perfect for me as far as security.

I suggest, just like you'd do stock, sell, sell, sell before it's worthless and do your homework and invest in a new device.

Regards,
    07-07-17 03:58 AM
    Added a screenshot, forgot to in the previous post

This is on the OnePlus2 on LineageOS latest build.

the proof of the pudding is in the eating
    Attached Thumbnails June Security Patch for DTEK50?-screenshot_20170707-142218.jpg  
    07-07-17 04:03 AM
    just got the June 5 update. aam312. Telus Canada
    07-07-17 03:35 PM
    just got the June 5 update. aam312. Telus Canada
    Could you take a screenshot of Settings > About phone (including build and patch level)?
    07-07-17 03:44 PM
    Could you take a screenshot of Settings > About phone (including build and patch level)?
    Attached Thumbnails June Security Patch for DTEK50?-screenshot_20170707-150752.jpg  
    07-07-17 04:08 PM
    same here Newfoundland Canada unlocked on Koodo
    07-07-17 04:11 PM
    Me too .. Just got June 5th update... the funny thing is I got a email from BlackBerry tech support like 5 min before I got it as I have an open ticket with BlackBerry in this issue..
    07-07-17 06:47 PM
    Just installed the June 5 update. Staples Canada.
    07-07-17 11:43 PM
    I'm still waiting on the June update with a shop.blackberry unlocked Dtek50 as well. still no explanation on why from BlackBerry?
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-08-17 12:08 AM
    I'm still waiting on the June update with a shop.blackberry unlocked Dtek50 as well. still no explanation on why from BlackBerry?
    It looks like some people are starting to get it, which means we have not been forgotten. We are no longer at the top of the priority list but we are not forgotten.
    hemodad likes this.
    07-08-17 06:44 AM
    But what about the July update ???
    07-08-17 06:48 AM
    But what about the July update ???
    Well, if June is any indication, we will get the July update by the end of August.
    Ethynil likes this.
    07-08-17 07:02 AM
    Not here in the UK yet so far but as it happens since last night I have charging problems. Tried different chargers and leads but the phone just keeps alternating from charging to device disconnected. Checked for dirt in the USB port and can't see anything. Not sure if a wipe will help or the port is on its way out.
    Anyone experienced this before?
    07-08-17 08:09 AM
    Not here in the UK yet so far but as it happens since last night I have charging problems. Tried different chargers and leads but the phone just keeps alternating from charging to device disconnected. Checked for dirt in the USB port and can't see anything. Not sure if a wipe will help or the port is on its way out.
    Anyone experienced this before?
    You may need to have the phone sent in for service. The port itself may be damaged.
    07-08-17 08:39 AM
    Yeah that's my worry mate. Only had it since the black Friday sale last year from BlackBerry site. I've raised a ticket and see how I get on.
    07-08-17 08:41 AM
    well just got the update for June on a unlocked (Rogers) DTEK50, so looks like they finally are rolling it out.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-08-17 09:53 AM
    well just got the update for June on a unlocked (Rogers) DTEK50, so looks like they finally are rolling it out.
    Not here in UK at the mo. (21:52 UK time) So currently 5 WEEKS overdue!! and STILL waiting..
    07-08-17 03:53 PM
    Anyone with a Shop BlackBerry DTEK50 get it yet? Mine hasn't... It's strange that carrier phones are getting the update before unlocked ones. BlackBerry was always so good at getting updates out to their unlocked phones. It's one of the reasons I kept on buying them.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-09-17 07:46 AM
    Anyone with a Shop BlackBerry DTEK50 get it yet? Mine hasn't... It's strange that carrier phones are getting the update before unlocked ones. BlackBerry was always so good at getting updates out to their unlocked phones. It's one of the reasons I kept on buying them.
    Nothing on either of my Shop BlackBerry DTEK50 or DTEK60 yet.

Wow, so now BlackBerry is throwing our unlocked phones behind carrier locked?

Unbelievable!!!

Wondering what the excuse-o-logists will say to excuse that away?
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-09-17 12:45 PM
    Nothing on either of my Shop BlackBerry DTEK50 or DTEK60 yet.

Wow, so now BlackBerry is throwing our unlocked phones behind carrier locked?

Unbelievable!!!

Wondering what the excuse-o-logists will say to excuse that away?
    Since we know the DTEK50 June patch at least has been available for a long time, but wasn't pushed, may indicate server issues. Hard to say.
    07-09-17 01:31 PM
    Since we know the DTEK50 June patch at least has been available for a long time, but wasn't pushed, may indicate server issues. Hard to say.
    Server issues since May?

If so... what a great little software company ya got going on there johnny... NOT!
    big_time2 and Wmsi like this.
    07-09-17 03:48 PM
    Server issues since May?

If so... what a great little software company ya got going on there johnny... NOT!
    I'm not suggesting a fault. I'm wondering if they are switching over to some other system for the DTEKs.

It doesn't make sense otherwise why they would sit on AAM312 for two weeks.

I'm just guessing. I have no internal knowledge.
    07-09-17 04:04 PM
264 ... 45678 ...