I sold my Dtek50 for just $70 less than I paid but I had it just from March. Too bad i liked it but I don't want a phone that is supported just one year.
    What makes you think the Dtek50 will be supported for only 1 year?
    06-24-17 08:57 PM
    What makes you think the Dtek50 will be supported for only 1 year?
    Blackberry is refusing to say anything about OS updates. It's increasingly possible that the Priv, 50 and 60 are abandoned on Marshmallow and the question dodging, CBK's stance of "just buy a new KEYone!" is getting old.

And all those allegedly being dubbed Legacy isn't helping.

Consistent security updates are nice sure and I came in aware of the risk I was taking but BlackBerry (or TCL, or BlackBerry Mobile, or whatever's in a contract if that guy pumping sunshine comes in here to distract with that distinction) hasn't even committed to a security update timeframe from the start with the Priv.
    big_time2 likes this.
    06-25-17 07:50 AM
    Blackberry is refusing to say anything about OS updates. It's increasingly possible that the Priv, 50 and 60 are abandoned on Marshmallow and the question dodging, CBK's stance of "just buy a new KEYone!" is getting old.

So, having shelled out £275 less than 9 months ago for a 'latest ' model Dtek50, they now want me to 'abandon' it,and shell out £500 for another 'latest' phone, because they have now decided that they don't want to support the previous one!!!

And all those allegedly being dubbed Legacy isn't helping.

Strange, I spent time on Friday talking to BB UK about lack of updates for Dtek50, and their reply was,
    'That the Dtek's were now classed as 'legacy' equipment, and therefore BB were unable to specify if they would continue to receive security updates for any length of time, if at all'!!
    When I pointed out that the Dtek50/60 were less than a year old, and how could they 'dump' them just like that, the reply was 'I am unable to comment on that I'm afraid. Just that the models are now legacy, and will not get OS upgrades, and probably limited security updates
    '

So, basically, BB are thumbing their noses at those that already have spent money on a product that has not even reached it's years warranty, and want us to spend DOUBLE on another product, which may well end up the same way in 10 months!!

Consistent security updates are nice sure and I came in aware of the risk I was taking but BlackBerry (or TCL, or BlackBerry Mobile, or whatever's in a contract if that guy pumping sunshine comes in here to distract with that distinction) hasn't even committed to a security update timeframe from the start with the Priv.
    06-25-17 01:41 PM
    Interesting reading..

https://www.androidheadlines.com/201...y-updates.html

Apparently these are 'important updates' and 'plenty of vulnerabilities being patched, and needs to be installed as soon as possible' ........

So, currently 3 WEEKS late, and 'the securest android' has about as many 'holes' in it as a Swiss cheese!!

Any chance of a serious reply from BB?? no, thought not!!
    06-26-17 04:19 PM
    Still no June update... I am with Bell Canada
    06-29-17 11:09 AM
    29th June, tomorrow is last day of the month. In less than a week (5th) BB will be announcing the 'JULY update'....
    Errr... I wouldn't bet on it..
    Actions speak far louder than words... There will be no June update, or July probably.
    Also, notice that no further input from the 'team' here after my previous post.......

Worth noting.. My son-in-law bought a Moto G5 at the same time I bought my Dtek50, at a price £40 LESS than I paid for my Dtek, his came with Marshmallow, same as mine. He has now got Nougat 7.1.. I'm still on Marshmallow, and on MAY 'security updates' whereas he has June's..
    Who REALLY has 'the securest android'.....
    Uzi and Ethynil like this.
    06-29-17 03:08 PM
    Honestly disappointed by what's become of Crackberry and Blackberry.
    Ethynil and Blty like this.
    06-29-17 03:56 PM
    Honestly disappointed by what's become of Crackberry and Blackberry.
    Crapberry??
    06-29-17 04:00 PM
    If BlackBerry does have a June update I would quickly call it the July update and say they've rolled them into one if I was them.
    06-29-17 07:32 PM
    Nope. Never got mine. And my device was purchased from BlackBerry unlocked...so go figure...
    Same here, and nothing so far this June.
    06-29-17 08:16 PM
    Funny, noticed that the 'team' are now ignoring this thread.....
    Nothing to say now guy's?
    Those of us who said there would be no update were laughed at... not quite so funny now....
    Ethynil and Blty like this.
    06-30-17 02:56 AM
    I do not work for BB, and am not connected to them in any way (except through owning a DTEK 50 bought from BB store which still has had no June update). But my guess is that they tried maintaining regular timely updates, but sales remained disappointing, so they have decided not to support it any more. I hope I am wrong and the delay is just an anomaly, but the talk of legacy devices is not encouraging. The risk for BB of course is that they lose credibility, and sales will not pick up on any device. Better informed opinions are of course welcome. However, it does leave me wondering: what do DTEK 50 owners do now?
    Ethynil likes this.
    06-30-17 07:40 AM
    just saw on my carriers website where they list update schedule. the DTEK50 is listed for July 4. This is for Telus in Canada.
    06-30-17 08:37 AM
    just saw on my carriers website where they list update schedule. the DTEK50 is listed for July 4. This is for Telus in Canada.
    Attached Thumbnails June Security Patch for DTEK50?-72009.jpg  
    06-30-17 08:38 AM
    Anyone considered the possibility that the june update had none/to minimal updates to the Blackberry Andoird hardned OS hence they might have just rolled it into July?
    06-30-17 08:44 AM
    Anyone considered the possibility that the june update had none/to minimal updates to the Blackberry Andoird hardned OS hence they might have just rolled it into July?
    They put it out for KEYone and Priv...
    Ethynil likes this.
    06-30-17 09:06 AM
    thurask,

Well.....that's a good point.
    06-30-17 09:09 AM
    Check out this link...June updates were 'important, and should be installed as soon as possible for security patches'

Note the date 6th JUNE..... and today's date??
    Think the June one was very important, yet BB have just 'left us out' Dteks have not got this one!!
    More holes in this 'securest android' than a swiss cheese!!
    06-30-17 09:50 AM
    Check out this link...June updates were 'important, and should be installed as soon as possible for security patches'

Note the date 6th JUNE..... and today's date??
    Think the June one was very important, yet BB have just 'left us out' Dteks have not got this one!!
    More holes in this 'securest android' than a swiss cheese!!
    I'd rather be behind in fixing a bunch of hypothetical bugs that weren't going to affect me than get a few new system bugs that would.
    06-30-17 06:10 PM
    Rogers says they'll put out a DTEK50 update on Tuesday the 4th: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5...le/td-p/354931

This comes after Telus saying the same. I'm guessing unlocked devices will receive it at the same time.
    06-30-17 08:04 PM
    I'd rather be behind in fixing a bunch of hypothetical bugs that weren't going to affect me than get a few new system bugs that would.
    Each to his own, though 'hypothetical bugs' is your choice of words. If they were 'hypothetical' why would Google put out a patch for them, and suggest users update as soon as possible..
    Your choice..
    07-01-17 03:08 AM
    Rogers says they'll put out a DTEK50 update on Tuesday the 4th: OS Upgrade Schedule - Rogers Community

This comes after Telus saying the same. I'm guessing unlocked devices will receive it at the same time.
    Assume this is the JULY update?? as June one was 'released' on 5th JUNE..
    Didn't get the June, so not really expecting the July...
    Easy for them, posting words on a website... BB announced the June update 6th June. 1st July, we are all still waiting.....words mean nothing if not backed up with actions..
    07-01-17 03:10 AM
    Same here, no June update received on two Dtek50s, one from Amazon and one from ShopBB. Also no word on the Nougat update, maybe we should start a tweet wall to BB/Chen to make them see there is demand and expectations.
    07-01-17 10:48 AM
    Same here, no June update received on two Dtek50s, one from Amazon and one from ShopBB. Also no word on the Nougat update, maybe we should start a tweet wall to BB/Chen to make them see there is demand and expectations.
    They will take absolutely NO notice, believe me.
    Chen and his cronies have no interest in us, we are history.. a 'legacy' he does not want to be bothered with. 'Priv, and Dtek's?? nah, nothing to do with me.. you can always buy a Keyone. is the current attitude from BB sadly.
    No updates to either OS or security for phones still under the original 12 month warranty, and 'legacy' status after 7!!
    07-01-17 02:19 PM
    AAM312 has just been certified over on PTCRB. That should be the build releasing Tuesday.
    07-01-17 06:25 PM
264 12345 ...