Not just me. These dates came from this very forum when everyone with factory-unlocked devices posted having received the update.

If you have a carrier-branded device, then that's on your choice to do that.
    But I don't have a 'carrier branded' device... item bought from a supplier who buys direct from BB, and they have written to me, stating that their phones are direct from BB, so definately not 'carrier branded'
    BB UK have also admitted that the device I have is not locked in any way....(from the imei number) so please, try to explain that to me??
    I have NEVER bought a carrier locked phone, either from BB or any other supplier, because I refused to be 'tied down' by someone other than the phone manufacturer..
    Last edited by HughJarsse; 06-16-17 at 12:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    06-16-17 12:02 PM
    But I don't have a 'carrier branded' device... item bought from a supplier who buys direct from BB, and they have written to me, stating that their phones are direct from BB, so definately not 'carrier branded'
    BB UK have also admitted that the device I have is not locked in any way....(from the imei number) so please, try to explain that to me??
    I have NEVER bought a carrier locked phone, either from BB or any other supplier, because I refused to be 'tied down' by someone other than the phone manufacturer..
    I can only tell you about the factory-unlocked experience in NA.

I don't live there, so I can't say much about UK devices obtained through re-sellers.
    06-16-17 12:35 PM

I don't live there, so I can't say much about UK devices obtained through re-sellers.
    So you are making 'sweeping generalisations' based on yourself in NA then...
    The original Blackberry support forums had many, many posts from the WHOLE of Europe, (France, Germany, Denmark, Italy) as well as other non-EU countries all complaining that they were late getting updates. Some were because they were carrier locked, but many others were not..EU ones seemed to be from 'shop BB' yet still had months go by without any updates...

Probably the main reason Blackberry shut their own 'support' forum was that there were so many irate 'owners' not getting updates for Priv, and Dteks they decided to call it quits...
    But hey, let's not forget that so long as the good old NA customers are OK, the rest of us other world 'wallahs' can jolly well go and run, Eh Blackberry??
    06-16-17 02:36 PM
    Where the vast majority of devices were sold. Yes.

Of course, you could have always availed yourself of the autoloaders.
    06-16-17 02:59 PM
    The original Blackberry support forums had many, many posts from the WHOLE of Europe, (France, Germany, Denmark, Italy) as well as other non-EU countries all complaining that they were late getting updates. Some were because they were carrier locked, but many others were not..EU ones seemed to be from 'shop BB' yet still had months go by without any updates...

Probably the main reason Blackberry shut their own 'support' forum was that there were so many irate 'owners' not getting updates for Priv, and Dteks they decided to call it quits...
    But hey, let's not forget that so long as the good old NA customers are OK, the rest of us other world 'wallahs' can jolly well go and run, Eh Blackberry??

My experience is I bought a 50 from Staples Canada unlocked in late March, right out of the box it updated to March security update out of the box. April went by no update, May 15 still nothing. I called BlackBerry they opened a ticket and told me it is a known issue some of the phones are not pulling the update from server. Late in May it finally came through and here we are today on that May patch.
    06-16-17 04:19 PM

Did you mention that during the time the dtek50 was behind the other two devices were not and then when the 50 was on time there was a delay in the other two loll

That's important to note, because the update/security patching of each devices is not independent of the other devices - presumably because they have the absolute minimum number of people working on their phone software required to keep the licensing agreements going.

With the KEYone now launched, presumably with its very own OS version since it has no swipe gesture like the previous 3 phones, unless they hire more people don't expect the schedule to get better...only worse.

Once the dtek60 launched everything fell apart as far as day zero patching was concerned.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 09:44 PM
    Ok. I've done some work and went back in time to go over the DTEK50 updates:

Sep 5 patch received Aug 30 - build AAG326
    Oct 5 patch received Oct 18 - build AAH108
    Nov 5 patch received Dec 5 - build AAH990
    Dec 5 patch received Jan 5 - build AAI482
    Jan 5 patch received Jan 13 - build AAI795
    Feb 5 patch received Feb 15 - build AAJ221
    Mar 5 patch received Mar 6 - build AAJ842
    Apr 5 patch received Apr 5 - build AAK406
    May 5 patch received May 5 - Build AAL135

Apart from the aberration in Nov/Dec, that's pretty darn awesome.
    Do one for the Priv and dtek60 so people can see the relationships lolll

Posted via CB10
    anon(7979562) likes this.
    06-16-17 09:46 PM
    Folks, I sold my BlackBerry DTEK50 today for $80 less that what I bought it for. All things considered, am happy and you won't be seeing me around here anymore. Just FYI, sold it to a BB fan

Good luck to you all

Also, just FYI, moving to the onePlus3T
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-18-17 05:59 AM
    Folks, I sold my BlackBerry DTEK50 today for $80 less that what I bought it for. All things considered, am happy and you won't be seeing me around here anymore. Just FYI, sold it to a BB fan

Good luck to you all

Think you got out lightly, just $80 less, because soon, these Dteks wont be worth much at all...no updates, (OS or security) non rootable, basically heading for an expensive doorstop.. As someone posted on the 'Nougat update' post..
    Moto G 4, HALF the price of a Dtek50, yet, has nougat already!!
    Yet, Dtek, 'the securest android' doesn't even have the latest security patch, over HALF WAY through the month!!
    tcartr likes this.
    06-19-17 10:36 AM
    I wonder if people who didn't have BlackBerry actually check to see when the last time it got a security update? Obviously BlackBerry sold on that so they're reaping what they saw I suppose.
    I have an Android TV which hasn't had a security fix for four months and to be fair I only check to see if there's one when I remember whereas my Dtek50 I check most nights after the first of the month.
    06-19-17 02:30 PM
    Name a single device other than Pixel/Nexus that did as well with security patches. You can't.
    Sometimes I wonder if you're an actual human being or some sort of AI that John Chen as employed on these forums for amusement.

Name me a single Android device who's marketing campaign was built on Updating the Security of Your Device - Long After You Purchase It who hasn't been receiving timely monthly updates?
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    06-19-17 03:01 PM
    Sometimes I wonder if you're an actual human being or some sort of AI that John Chen as employed on these forums for amusement.

Name me a single Android device who's marketing campaign was built on Updating the Security of Your Device - Long After You Purchase It who hasn't been receiving timely monthly updates?
    I've never made this personal, so cut it out.

My statement stands.

If you don't like the above update schedule, move to another device.
    06-19-17 03:11 PM
    I've never made this personal, so cut it out.

My statement stands.

If you don't like the above update schedule, move to another device.
    I answered your passive aggressive "statement" with a question of my own.

It's a pity though that you would rather take your ball and go home.
    06-19-17 03:39 PM
    I answered your passive aggressive "statement" with a question of my own.

It's a pity though that you would rather take your ball and go home.
    Passive aggressive? Lol. Ok.
    06-19-17 03:42 PM
    Still no update for June for me ..
    big_time2 likes this.
    06-20-17 07:00 AM
    You guys should upgrade to a BlackBerry z10. No silly fretting about monthly security upgrades, cuz they ain't needed (or coming anytime soon).

Btw... just fired up my dtek50 tonight to answer a question a poster asked. I think I may be on the December 2016 patch or January 2017 but the phone itself works great.. may actually work it into my rotation.

What is the big deal with the monthly security updates? And why would somebody get so upset about a security update a few days late, they go and buy a phone that will have even fewer and slower updates? Doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    Thaefner18 likes this.
    06-20-17 10:09 PM
    Anyone get it yet?
    Nope. Never got mine. And my device was purchased from BlackBerry unlocked...so go figure...
    big_time2 likes this.
    06-21-17 01:06 PM

Good luck to you all

I sold my Dtek50 for just $70 less than I paid but I had it just from March. Too bad i liked it but I don't want a phone that is supported just one year.
    06-21-17 03:48 PM
    You guys should upgrade to a BlackBerry z10. No silly fretting about monthly security upgrades, cuz they ain't needed (or coming anytime soon).

Btw... just fired up my dtek50 tonight to answer a question a poster asked. I think I may be on the December 2016 patch or January 2017 but the phone itself works great.. may actually work it into my rotation.

What is the big deal with the monthly security updates? And why would somebody get so upset about a security update a few days late, they go and buy a phone that will have even fewer and slower updates? Doesn't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    I was going to post but your last paragraph was like you were reading my mind. Lol, spot on. People act like a security patch will make or break their phone. BlackBerry already said if there was an attack, they would be one of the most first to patch it so it's no big deal. The security update will be here, complaining won't speed it up. My advice is, relax and enjoy your phone.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-22-17 02:43 PM
    "BlackBerry already said if there was an attack, they would be one of the most first to patch it so it's no big deal. "

That's comforting to know that they will sort after the attack really quickly. Horses and bolting springs to mind.
    06-22-17 04:01 PM
    "BlackBerry already said if there was an attack, they would be one of the most first to patch it so it's no big deal. "

That's comforting to know that they will sort after the attack really quickly. Horses and bolting springs to mind.
    I said that to say people getting grey hairs over a June security update and we're still in June is really irritating. Coming off as cry babies imo. Like, relax a little.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 04:13 PM
    I'm not fussed. I check if there isn't one I get on with my life. I have various android things about No they are months behind with updates. I can sleep sound in my bed at night because any time I've heard of an attack it always seems to be a potential risk, never actually heard of one running wild yet, on any platform.
    06-22-17 04:17 PM
    I said that to say people getting grey hairs over a June security update and we're still in June is really irritating. Coming off as cry babies imo. Like, relax a little.

Posted via CB10
    It's a developing pattern of behavior that has people concerned. Coupled with ZERO communication, and you have a situation where people bought a product based on a certain software feature set and are starting to already feel the cold shoulder of abandonment on the horizon. Sure the phone still works, and will continue to do so, but when you pay dollars and cents for advertised advantages and feel short changed, it's only natural to expect customers to start asking questions. I'm puzzled as to why you feel this is a such a foreign and unrealistic reaction.
    Ethynil likes this.
    06-23-17 10:50 AM
    It's a developing pattern of behavior that has people concerned. Coupled with ZERO communication, and you have a situation where people bought a product based on a certain software feature set and are starting to already feel the cold shoulder of abandonment on the horizon. Sure the phone still works, and will continue to do so, but when you pay dollars and cents for advertised advantages and feel short changed, it's only natural to expect customers to start asking questions. I'm puzzled as to why you feel this is a such a foreign and unrealistic reaction.
    I can understand that but at the same time, it's a June security patch and it's still June so technically it's not late and still people are ready to jump off the roof over it. I read some of these posts and picture people smoking a million cigarettes, sweating, hitting the check for update button every 5 minutes. I can see if it was something as to where it's crippling phones or something like that, but it's a freakin' security patch. Nothing major. That was my only point.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 03:01 PM
    If the June patch brings with it the issues it did on the KEYone (where to start?) it's best that the other devices not get it just yet. Even the Priv's June patch accidentally disabled the color saturation slider.
    Ethynil and NightFire like this.
    06-23-17 07:17 PM
264 1234 ...