Anyone get it yet?
    06-06-17 10:57 PM
    You never have to ask. It will be posted when it happens.
    06-06-17 11:05 PM
    You never have to ask. It will be posted when it happens.
    What are we all 5yo? need permission to ask?

2 types of folks,
    1) Wait for things to happen
    2) Make things happen

BlackBerry supports Crackberry, enough people ask they might have an informative reply besides folks like you trying to be 'goody 2 shoes' with BlackBerry

Why would they tweet that the patch is out?
    Is support for the DTEK50 done?
    Ethynil and big_time2 like this.
    06-07-17 12:09 PM
    Why would they tweet that the patch is out?
    Is support for the DTEK50 done?
    You can obviously do whatever you want, but I'm telling you you don't HAVE to ask because, just like the Priv on June 5th, you'll see all kinds of threads pop up when people start seeing the update. Device updates are always staggered.

Asking doesn't make it happen faster. Experiment on boiling pot.
    Last edited by conite; 06-07-17 at 12:56 PM.
    06-07-17 12:18 PM
    Sadly, BB slipping with the delivery dates for updates, again.
    History of 'late, and later' updates for 'unlocked' versions, from BB...
    Seemed to be catching up recently, but, May update was not downloaded for me until 10th May, now 12th June, nothing...
    Beginning to assume that the Dtek 50 is now 'dead in the water' as far as updates go, and regarding 'nougat' well, let's just say we might as well forget that one completely..
    Sad that it has come to this for BB, once I would never have had any other phone, now, well, BB no longer make phones, and appears that they now no longer even bother supporting them either, so maybe the time has come to look elsewhere...
    iSh0w likes this.
    06-12-17 08:53 AM
    Surprising that there is no feedback to these concerns about continuing support for DTEK50 from people who seem to be in the know.

I own two DTEK50's and have been pleased with their performance, and monthly updates, that strengthened my confidence in the device.

It would be helpful to know why other devices received updates and DTEK50 did not and if indeed this is the end of DTEK50 update support.
    iSh0w and OTCHRussell like this.
    06-12-17 09:33 AM
    Surprising that there is no feedback to these concerns about continuing support for DTEK50 from people who seem to be in the know.

I own two DTEK50's and have been pleased with their performance, and monthly updates, that strengthened my confidence in the device.

It would be helpful to know why other devices received updates and DTEK50 did not and if indeed this is the end of DTEK50 update support.
    What is going on here?

The DTEK50s were the first to get updated in April and May. This month it was the Priv. Relax, it's only the 13th. Ghesh.
    06-13-17 09:10 PM
    Apparently according to BB website, the June update is available from 5th June, and 'is available IMMEDIATELY for owners who have purchased from shop BB'
    OK, so today is 15 I believe...nothing....
    Maybe BB's interpretation of 'immediately' differs from the rest of the worlds then
    06-15-17 12:02 PM
    the June update is available from 5th June, and 'is available IMMEDIATELY for owners who have purchased from shop BB'
    In customer relations, uncertainty breeds frustration that ultimately leads to a loss of confidence resulting in erosion of brand loyalty.

Promotional claims were made when these devices were introduced as "being the most secure" to be supported by regular updates.

A precedent was set by providing updates early in the month, with the exception of the first month or two, and the trust established by that precedent may have been shaken in June, mostly because of the thunderous silence from anyone in the know.

This lapse in providing updates combined with the withdrawal of DTEK50 from ShopBB gives reason for pause.

Is this just promotional hyperbole:

Updating the Security of Your Device - Long After You Purchase It
    Many popular smartphones put the user’s private information at risk of being hacked due to slow security updates. BlackBerry has a record of being the quickest to deliver security patches. Other smartphones can take weeks, months or even years to deliver security patches, leaving you vulnerable and at risk. So even though you can’t see it, know that extra precautions are taken at both the hardware and software level to protect the DTEK series from malicious tampering.(Source)
    06-15-17 02:57 PM
    In customer relations, uncertainty breeds frustration that ultimately leads to a loss of confidence resulting in erosion of brand loyalty.

Promotional claims were made when these devices were introduced as "being the most secure" to be supported by regular updates.

A precedent was set by providing updates early in the month, with the exception of the first month or two, and the trust established by that precedent may have been shaken in June, mostly because of the thunderous silence from anyone in the know.

This lapse in providing updates combined with the withdrawal of DTEK50 from ShopBB gives reason for pause.

Is this just promotional hyperbole:

Updating the Security of Your Device - Long After You Purchase It
    Many popular smartphones put the user’s private information at risk of being hacked due to slow security updates. BlackBerry has a record of being the quickest to deliver security patches. Other smartphones can take weeks, months or even years to deliver security patches, leaving you vulnerable and at risk. So even though you can’t see it, know that extra precautions are taken at both the hardware and software level to protect the DTEK series from malicious tampering.(Source)
    Really?? I owned a Dtek50 from August, and EVERY update until MARCH this year was LATE...not just a few days or weeks, but on many occasions almost a MONTH!!
    Posts on BB's own (now deceased!) forum were many, and one update was over 6 WEEKS late..
    Blackberry stated : fastest monthly updates, yet..........

BB are winding down on the Dteks, Priv is technically dead, Both Dtek's will be as soon as the 'years warranty' is up....

BB's reputation is poor at present, and each time they 'mess up' only makes it worse...
    late updates, no nougat upgrade...and the phone not 12 months old yet!!
    big_time2 likes this.
    06-15-17 04:49 PM
    Really?? I owned a Dtek50 from August, and EVERY update until MARCH this year was LATE...not just a few days or weeks, but on many occasions almost a MONTH!!
    Posts on BB's own (now deceased!) forum were many, and one update was over 6 WEEKS late..
    Blackberry stated : fastest monthly updates, yet..........

BB are winding down on the Dteks, Priv is technically dead, Both Dtek's will be as soon as the 'years warranty' is up....

BB's reputation is poor at present, and each time they 'mess up' only makes it worse...
    late updates, no nougat upgrade...and the phone not 12 months old yet!!
    Name a single device other than Pixel/Nexus that did as well with security patches. You can't.
    CerveloJohn and big_time2 like this.
    06-15-17 09:11 PM
    Name a single device other than Pixel/Nexus that did as well with security patches. You can't.
    Name a single device other than BlackBerry that locks it's bootloader and cannot be used with LineageOS so the phone is paperweight after BB stops updates. You can't.
    sethr likes this.
    06-15-17 09:15 PM
    Name a single device other than BlackBerry that locks it's bootloader and cannot be used with LineageOS so the phone is paperweight after BB stops updates. You can't.
    Not sure what this has to do with the DTEKs' record of timely security patches, but ok...

Everyone knew when buying a BlackBerry Android device that they have locked bootloaders - that was kind of the point in fact. BlackBerry has not made any indication that security patches are not going to continue, so I'm not sure where the fire is.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    06-15-17 09:18 PM
    Not sure what this has to do with the DTEKs' record of timely security patches, but ok...

Everyone knew when buying a BlackBerry Android device that they have locked bootloaders - that was kind of the point in fact. BlackBerry has not made any indication that security patches are not going to continue, so I'm not sure where the fire is.
    So BB used hardware from the Alcatel Idol 3 for the DTEK50

Used some third party software company for delivery of security updates

Made a non proprietary Android software, proprietary to match with iOS /Apple but is using the 3rd Party software delivery system as a scapegoat when it cannot deliver timely updates for even one year

Is stuck on an old version of Android

Charged top dollar for a non-fingerprint, 16GB internal storage sub-par phone , marketed it as the most secure Android in the world, got suckers like me to buy it!

Why use BlackBerry? What's the value add here besides the brand!
    sethr likes this.
    06-15-17 09:24 PM
    So BB used hardware from the Alcatel Idol 3 for the DTEK50
    Idol 4.
    06-15-17 09:25 PM
    Idol 4.
    Good value add from you
    06-15-17 09:26 PM
    Used some third party software company for delivery of security updates
    BlackBerry handles the security patches.
    06-15-17 09:26 PM
    BlackBerry handles the security patches.
    Really? where is this months security patch? why is it always late? Why are we stuck on Android M
    06-15-17 09:27 PM
    Really? where is this months security patch? why is it always late? Why are we stuck on Android M
    It's not always late. My factory-unlocked DTEK50s have usually received the monthly updates within a week or two, and got them immediately at least half the time (including April and May).

Better than any device on the market apart from Google.

Why has it been a couple of weeks this month? I don't know. All hands on deck to get the KEYᵒⁿᵉ out the door? A particular technical issue? Luck of the draw?
    06-15-17 09:32 PM
    *nevermind
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 06-15-17 at 09:51 PM.
    06-15-17 09:34 PM
    It's not always late. My factory-unlocked DTEK50s have usually received the monthly updates within a week or two, and got them immediately at least half the time (including April and May).

Better than any device on the market apart from Google.
    Sounds like your an official spokesperson for BlackBerry, ready with all the wrong answers and incorrect data. Guess that's BB new strategy.

Good Luck to you. Not answering anything to post because your wrong and misleading folks, folks who pay hard earned money believing in a brand that is not worth it anymore.

Stop the false advertising.
    HughJarsse likes this.
    06-15-17 09:35 PM
    Sounds like your an official spokesperson for BlackBerry, ready with all the wrong answers and incorrect data. Guess that's BB new strategy.

Good Luck to you. Not answering anything to post because your wrong and misleading folks, folks who pay hard earned money believing in a brand that is not worth it anymore.

Stop the false advertising.
    Ok. I've done some work and went back in time to go over the DTEK50 updates:

Sep 5 patch received Aug 30 - build AAG326
    Oct 5 patch received Oct 18 - build AAH108
    Nov 5 patch received Dec 5 - build AAH990
    Dec 5 patch received Jan 5 - build AAI482
    Jan 5 patch received Jan 13 - build AAI795
    Feb 5 patch received Feb 15 - build AAJ221
    Mar 5 patch received Mar 6 - build AAJ842
    Apr 5 patch received Apr 5 - build AAK406
    May 5 patch received May 5 - Build AAL135

Apart from the aberration in Nov/Dec, that's pretty darn awesome.
    CerveloJohn and elfabio80 like this.
    06-15-17 10:39 PM
    Ok. I've done some work and went back in time to go over the DTEK50 updates:

Sep 5 patch received Aug 30 - build AAG326
    Oct 5 patch received Oct 18 - build AAH108
    Nov 5 patch received Dec 5 - build AAH990
    Dec 5 patch received Jan 5 - build AAI482
    Jan 5 patch received Jan 13 - build AAI795
    Feb 5 patch received Feb 15 - build AAJ221
    Mar 5 patch received Mar 6 - build AAJ842
    Apr 5 patch received Apr 5 - build AAK406
    May 5 patch received May 5 - Build AAL135

Apart from the aberration in Nov/Dec, that's pretty darn awesome.
    As I posted earlier,
    So lucky you...
    Obviously one of BB's 'specials', because I know 3 other Dtek50 users, and their story is similar to mine, more 'lates' than 'on times'.
    Blackberry 'hyped to death' this 'securest android' and the 'fastest updates, within days or weeks, NOT months like others' yet has failed to live up to those promises month after month...
    People who bought on the strength of the 'hype' have every right to feel aggrieved.
    Yes, we could have bought elsewhere (cheaper too!) and not got a 'hyped promise' but at least it would have been HONEST, which is far far more than BB have been.
    As stated, BB are no longer interested in the Dteks, and as soon as the warranties expire it will vanish...
    06-16-17 03:01 AM
    So lucky you...
    Not just me. These dates came from this very forum when everyone with factory-unlocked devices posted having received the update.

If you have a carrier-branded device, then that's on your choice to do that.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    06-16-17 06:46 AM
    as soon as the warranties expire it will vanish...
    [Citation needed]
    06-16-17 06:48 AM
264 123 ...