I don't know if this is the right place to post this but my power button doesn't work and I just got this update so does anyone have any advice on what to do? I can't select the language because the button doesn't work.
    What you want to do is press and hold the power button until the phone reboots. Are you saying your power button is physically broken?
    08-02-17 04:36 PM
    My former Shop BlackBerry DTEK50 (now in my son's possession) just got the July 5th update on Sunday. My T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge beat it in updating by a couple days.
    08-02-17 08:33 PM
    I have to follow up on my earlier post. I hit the install of the new update and left my sons phone on the counter heading out to work. On Thursday I checked his phone and the update did not go through. I tried updating again and it simply will not update. Did BlackBerry pull the July patch for the DTEK50 since so many were having the reboot issue? Conite any info?
    08-05-17 12:14 PM
    I have to follow up on my earlier post. I hit the install of the new update and left my sons phone on the counter heading out to work. On Thursday I checked his phone and the update did not go through. I tried updating again and it simply will not update. Did BlackBerry pull the July patch for the DTEK50 since so many were having the reboot issue? Conite any info?
    The update should have installed once the phone is rebooted. Did you check in the settings? Convoluted I know but it did install for most of the Dtek50 users here including myself.

Sent from my STH100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-08-17 09:41 PM
    I re-booted, I did a hard reset and still it will not install the July patch. It says rebooting in 9 seconds and it just hangs. Not the entire phone, just the update area.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    08-08-17 11:38 PM
    Still no July update still.. I am with Bell Canada ....not impressed with bb .. not impressed at all
    08-11-17 05:27 AM
    Still no July update still.. I am with Bell Canada ....not impressed with bb .. not impressed at all
    It's not BlackBerry's fault. The update has been out for a while now. Start squaking to Bell.
    Ethynil likes this.
    08-11-17 03:13 PM
    It's not BlackBerry's fault. The update has been out for a while now. Start squaking to Bell.
    I thought BlackBerry no longer went through the the various cell providers, they pushed down any security updates directly
    08-11-17 05:35 PM
    I thought BlackBerry no longer went through the the various cell providers, they pushed down any security updates directly
    They do push out the updates themselves..to factory unlocked BlackBerry phones. If your locked to a carrier you wait till they bloody well feel like pushing updates out. Keep squaking.
    08-11-17 05:41 PM
    Mine is a shop BlackBerry unlocked device. It's odd. BlackBerry needs to pull it together.
    08-11-17 08:05 PM
    They do push out the updates themselves..to factory unlocked BlackBerry phones. If your locked to a carrier you wait till they bloody well feel like pushing updates out. Keep squaking.
    Spoke with Bell tech and they said they no longer push down any updates, it's all done through the phone manufactures.
    08-12-17 06:24 PM
    Spoke with Bell tech and they said they no longer push down any updates, it's all done through the phone manufactures.
    If that's true then it sucks. Unfortunately you'll just have to wait then. This past winter I had to wait 2 months for updates - November to December and finally got updated in January. Sucks I know but it's just the way it is now. Btw I have a factory unlocked 50.

Sent from my STH100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-12-17 06:30 PM
    Since the July update doesn't seem to be a popular one, would it be possible to just skip it and wait for the August update to be available? Or will I not get the August one until I install the July one?
    08-13-17 11:16 PM
    Since the July update doesn't seem to be a popular one, would it be possible to just skip it and wait for the August update to be available? Or will I not get the August one until I install the July one?
    August will include July and previous updates.
    08-14-17 06:28 AM
    August will include July and previous updates.
    I guess I'll just wait for the August update... if I make it that far with my 50, that is. Can't wait to switch back to pkb with the KEYone
    08-15-17 11:31 AM
    I just got the Aug 5th update (AAN493) on my unlocked Dtek50. I think the June delay was probably just an anomaly. Everyone overreacted like it was the end of the world.
    08-15-17 04:07 PM
41 12