Great for you then, BUT...if you read the whole post, I have a DTEK (you mentioned that in your previous reply!!) not a Keyone...
    Also, I am in the UK and have a factory unlocked phone, yet am subjected to being held to ransom by Vodafone, (see the MANY, MANY posts regarding this !!) so a minority carrier, has effectively 'hijacked' any updates from BB.
    Assume that only Keyone/two and motion have actually got any July/August updates, due to the fact they are being updated to 'O' whereas other handsets are not..so.. no updates...no amount of 'rhetoric' is going to change that...sadly...
    I know that. My point was that I’m on a carrier device and the carrier allowed update to reach my phone. If BB has released the update and carrier is blocking the update, why are you blaming the manufacturer of the device or the manufacturer of the software? You say yourself, it’s Vodafone, correct?
    08-28-18 08:06 AM
    I know that. My point was that I’m on a carrier device and the carrier allowed update to reach my phone. If BB has released the update and carrier is blocking the update, why are you blaming the manufacturer of the device or the manufacturer of the software? You say yourself, it’s Vodafone, correct?
    Jeez, READ the post...I have a FACTORY UNLOCKED phone..bought from BB UK, and purchased because they said that 'factory purchased units got the updates well before carrier locked' THen, BB went behind our backs and 'sold' the WHOLE UK update rights to Vodafone, despite them not representing the majority of owners, and, despite Vodafone being one of 5 major carriers in the UK!!
    SO, basically, BB 'scammed' all those who bought 'factory unlocked' by allowing Vodafone to decide when/if ALL UK usedr got any updates, even if they had other carriers!!
    YET, vodafone UK deny they are holding back any updates, stating they have NOT HAD ANY UPDATES FROM BB!!!!!
    There are many UK users who have not received any update since JUNE... they are not just Vodafone users, but other 'unlocked' phones..
    There hasn't been any 'official' notification of any updates for the Dteks since June anyway! So in all probability, BB has not even produced any updates for the Dteks for July and August...BB themselves refuse to reply to requests for information, you might as well be talking to yourself there. BBMo refers you to BB, who either refuse to reply, or refers you to TCL, who then refer you to BBMo!!!!
    As I stated a couple of posts ago, BUCK PASSING...
    Surely BBMo/BB/TCL can have the decency to at least admit they are no longer going to put out any more updates for the Dteks, and be HONEST, or is that too much to ask??
    08-28-18 10:37 AM
    Jeez, READ the post...I have a FACTORY UNLOCKED phone..bought from BB UK, and purchased because they said that 'factory purchased units got the updates well before carrier locked' THen, BB went behind our backs and 'sold' the WHOLE UK update rights to Vodafone, despite them not representing the majority of owners, and, despite Vodafone being one of 5 major carriers in the UK!!
    SO, basically, BB 'scammed' all those who bought 'factory unlocked' by allowing Vodafone to decide when/if ALL UK usedr got any updates, even if they had other carriers!!
    YET, vodafone UK deny they are holding back any updates, stating they have NOT HAD ANY UPDATES FROM BB!!!!!
    There are many UK users who have not received any update since JUNE... they are not just Vodafone users, but other 'unlocked' phones..
    There hasn't been any 'official' notification of any updates for the Dteks since June anyway! So in all probability, BB has not even produced any updates for the Dteks for July and August...BB themselves refuse to reply to requests for information, you might as well be talking to yourself there. BBMo refers you to BB, who either refuse to reply, or refers you to TCL, who then refer you to BBMo!!!!
    As I stated a couple of posts ago, BUCK PASSING...
    Surely BBMo/BB/TCL can have the decency to at least admit they are no longer going to put out any more updates for the Dteks, and be HONEST, or is that too much to ask??
    I did read the post. You’ve been complaining the DTEK were abandoned but my point was that it appears carrier appears to block you getting updates. I’m not having problems getting updates on my KEYone or either DTEK. While being upset about no OS upgrade, I get it that BB left the hardware business and doesn’t care that I would like one. It was never promised and so goes life.

Since then, I bought KEYone and it seems the factory unlocked advantage is gone over carrier locked regarding OS upgrades and security updates. I’ve learned that carriers are big part of the problem with enhanced services and device performance. I have no WiFi calling on AT&T carrier sold and locked device on AT&T. Under your logic I should find some way to blame this on BBMo/TCL.
    08-28-18 04:41 PM
    I did read the post. You’ve been complaining the DTEK were abandoned but my point was that it appears carrier appears to block you getting updates. I’m not having problems getting updates on my KEYone or either DTEK. While being upset about no OS upgrade, I get it that BB left the hardware business and doesn’t care that I would like one. It was never promised and so goes life.

Since then, I bought KEYone and it seems the factory unlocked advantage is gone over carrier locked regarding OS upgrades and security updates. I’ve learned that carriers are big part of the problem with enhanced services and device performance. I have no WiFi calling on AT&T carrier sold and locked device on AT&T. Under your logic I should find some way to blame this on BBMo/TCL.
    So I assume that your Dteks are on August update then. Please confirm that, because you seem to be the only one who has had it!!!! (regarding OS update, much like the Priv (that SHOULD have shipped with M and updated to N, yet shipped with L and only got M) I gave up hope of an OS upgrade, having been 'shafted' by BB making the Dtek's legacy before they were even out of warranty,)
    Regarding blaming BB for the 'hold up' of updates by carrier...I never signed up to Vodafone, it was BB who 'shafted' unlocked phones by going behind their backs and doing a deal with Vodafone...THAT is my gripe with BB, and it STINKS..It's not Vodafone, it's BB who have done this..

Regarding your gripe with AT&T re no wi-fi calling that is YOUR problem or AT&T, not BB, they have provided you with a phone that does wi-fi calling but it's your carrier that is stopping you...not BB. You should have checked that AT&T provided the items you wanted before signing, not afterwards..(benefit of buying sim free you can swap carriers!!)
    The two points are not relative.
    BB have caused mine, yours are self inflicted!!
    08-29-18 07:09 AM
    So I assume that your Dteks are on August update then. Please confirm that, because you seem to be the only one who has had it!!!! (regarding OS update, much like the Priv (that SHOULD have shipped with M and updated to N, yet shipped with L and only got M) I gave up hope of an OS upgrade, having been 'shafted' by BB making the Dtek's legacy before they were even out of warranty,)
    Regarding blaming BB for the 'hold up' of updates by carrier...I never signed up to Vodafone, it was BB who 'shafted' unlocked phones by going behind their backs and doing a deal with Vodafone...THAT is my gripe with BB, and it STINKS..It's not Vodafone, it's BB who have done this..

Regarding your gripe with AT&T re no wi-fi calling that is YOUR problem or AT&T, not BB, they have provided you with a phone that does wi-fi calling but it's your carrier that is stopping you...not BB. You should have checked that AT&T provided the items you wanted before signing, not afterwards..(benefit of buying sim free you can swap carriers!!)
    The two points are not relative.
    BB have caused mine, yours are self inflicted!!
    I have the most recent June updates. I meant that I have no problem receiving the updates when released. I’ve received what’s been promised. Same with PRIV, intros with L and upgrade to M. There’s no reason for me to be upset about not getting something never promised. If OS updates were primary consideration, I would only purchase Apple or Google proprietary devices. The OS licensing model used by Microsoft and Google has always put OEMs at disadvantage over the OS developer.

You’re assuming I’m willing to leave AT&T. I rely on WiFi calling now that femtos are no longer sold and will soon no longer be supported on AT&T. I already use iPhones so it’s not really big deal. I’ve passed on the Key2 since not available through AT&T. Factory unlocked devices aren’t supported well through Verizon or AT&T.

Carriers have the clout even in your domain as you’ve explained. Why should you expect different? If you’re BBMo/TCL, obviously, long game is to support carriers who buy and distribute hardware in large quantities vs consumers that buy single devices and expect support like carrier provides. It would be like expecting to buy groceries from the manufacturer instead of the store.
    08-29-18 09:00 AM
    My drek50 is still running strong. I love it.
    08-31-18 03:00 PM
    My drek50 is still running strong. I love it.
    So is mine and the only downside is that the Bluetooth keeps losing connection with my Sony smartwatch.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    09-01-18 04:08 AM
    My DTEK is operating fine as well. It's a 2016 device. The used, like new, 128GB iPhone 6s we bought our daughter in January for 200 dollars also operates well and is updated and running better than new. If Android device makers don't embrace this mindset, especially in regards to security (My S9 is on the August patch and is updating roughly 30 days behind Pixel) I will be leaving all Android offerings. It's not acceptable, at any price point, to not update a perfectly good device with good hardware. And because most are not going too I believe I know where my future $$ is going. A gently used, generation older iPhone.
    09-19-18 04:05 PM
    That BlackBerry touts their security is actually kind of laughable in comparison to other OEM'S including Android.
    09-19-18 04:07 PM
    That BlackBerry touts their security is actually kind of laughable in comparison to other OEM'S including Android.
    My son has a MotoG4, released same time as Dteks, he is on 'N' and has the August updates....yet, paid £50 LESS than I did for my Dtek, yet he has had an OS update from 'M' to 'N' and newer updates... Moto is still supporting the G4.....Where is BB??? pretending to be 'a new company' that refuses to honour it's commitments to it's equipment..
    (Dtek50 released August 2016...updates stopped JUNE 2018) & (Dtek 60 released October 2016, updates not received since JUNE 2018)
    So much for the 2 year update schedule!!!
    09-20-18 08:25 AM
    My son has a MotoG4, released same time as Dteks, he is on 'N' and has the August updates....yet, paid £50 LESS than I did for my Dtek, yet he has had an OS update from 'M' to 'N' and newer updates... Moto is still supporting the G4.....Where is BB??? pretending to be 'a new company' that refuses to honour it's commitments to it's equipment..
    (Dtek50 released August 2016...updates stopped JUNE 2018) & (Dtek 60 released October 2016, updates not received since JUNE 2018)
    So much for the 2 year update schedule!!!
    Doesn’t the DTEK have Nougat though? Are you suggesting that DTEK line should have rolled out with Marshmallow then updates to Nougat? Similar to PRIV with Lollipop and Marshmallow?
    09-20-18 09:02 AM
    Doesn’t the DTEK have Nougat though? Are you suggesting that DTEK line should have rolled out with Marshmallow then updates to Nougat? Similar to PRIV with Lollipop and Marshmallow?
    Think you want to check your facts...
    Dteks shipped with 'M' that's all they got, never got a sniff of 'N' .... Obviously, you don't own one, or you would have known...
    MotoG4 shipped with 'M', yet got 'N' as soon as it was released...far better than BB's lousy record!!
    09-20-18 09:26 AM
    Think you want to check your facts...
    Dteks shipped with 'M' that's all they got, never got a sniff of 'N' .... Obviously, you don't own one, or you would have known...
    MotoG4 shipped with 'M', yet got 'N' as soon as it was released...far better than BB's lousy record!!
    Sorry, I meant to say Lollipop and Marshmallow. I own both DTEK50 and DTEK60. I replaced with KEYone and A30Plus in January, so it’s been awhile since I’ve booted them up.
    09-20-18 10:58 AM
    Am I correct in assuming DTEK50 is done receiving patches? The DTEK50 turned two years old in July so BlackBerry Ltd. was immediate in ending support it appears. There have been no patches since June.
    09-21-18 10:49 PM
    Am I correct in assuming DTEK50 is done receiving patches? The DTEK50 turned two years old in July so BlackBerry Ltd. was immediate in ending support it appears. There have been no patches since June.
    Nothing official yet.
    09-22-18 01:04 AM
    August was official release date, so, should have had updates until July/August at least for the '2 years'
    Dtek60 released in October, but also has had no updates since June, so in an even worse situation, as currently 'should' receive updates until September/October for the 2 years.
    But, typical of BB/BBMo/TCL, nothing is said, in the hopes that people will just accept it..
    Definately doing themselves no favours, that's for sure, because anything 'Blackberry franchised' , will be tarred with the same brush.....
    Even now, there is a concern that Motion will not get the 3 years updates, as it is currently mentioned it's only 2, who knows??
    BB wont tell you, you are just left wondering....
    09-22-18 04:54 AM
    August was official release date, so, should have had updates until July/August at least for the '2 years'
    Dtek60 released in October, but also has had no updates since June, so in an even worse situation, as currently 'should' receive updates until September/October for the 2 years.
    But, typical of BB/BBMo/TCL, nothing is said, in the hopes that people will just accept it..
    Definately doing themselves no favours, that's for sure, because anything 'Blackberry franchised' , will be tarred with the same brush.....
    Even now, there is a concern that Motion will not get the 3 years updates, as it is currently mentioned it's only 2, who knows??
    BB wont tell you, you are just left wondering....
    Where’s the concern regarding the Motion? Does Google enforce the rules? Are you the person that worries about my speeding on the highway and tries playing the speed patrol?
    09-22-18 05:22 AM
    ]Where’s the concern regarding the Motion[/B]? Does Google enforce the rules? Are you the person that worries about my speeding on the highway and tries playing the speed patrol?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...55/index2.html
    REad posts 39 & 44, apparently direct form Blackberrys own site!!

Regarding 'Are you the person that worries about my speeding on the highway and tries playing the speed patrol' What the hell has that got to do with this?? Strange comment!!
    (PS, having had my niece tragically killed by a 'speeding' driver who thought he knew better than the law, yes, I probably would!!)
    09-22-18 11:54 AM
    Sorry to hear about your niece. As I won’t be slowing down anytime soon, I was referring to people sitting in the left hand lane holding up traffic so as to force us to have to push or pass right side in even slower traffic unsafely. In Florida, there’s actual law, regardless of speed, to move over.

Much to same point, if some law is broken? Sue.... Rule broken? Ask for enforcement. However, I believe either scenario, your interpretation doesn’t match the courts or regulation body. So my comment is around the fact that it’s not your concern except to pursue legal action. No different than somebody upset that I’m passing. Just give me a ticket if you’re a cop. In Florida, you’re more likely to get a ticket for impeding flow of traffic than speeding on interstate.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...55/index2.html
    REad posts 39 & 44, apparently direct form Blackberrys own site!!

Regarding 'Are you the person that worries about my speeding on the highway and tries playing the speed patrol' What the hell has that got to do with this?? Strange comment!!
    (PS, having had my niece tragically killed by a 'speeding' driver who thought he knew better than the law, yes, I probably would!!)
    09-22-18 12:07 PM
44 12