Oh Boy, didn't know about the speaker 'stickers' lol

Otherwise pretty good. What do you guys think?

fanBBRY and big_time2 like this.
    12-13-16 10:17 AM
    Makes a lot of sense for them to just be stickers consisting it's a budget device it's really just a small aesthetic change that doesn't change the fact that the DTEK50 has some solid speaker sound.

Posted via CB10
    Matty, big_time2, dpw09 and 2 others like this.
    12-13-16 10:28 AM
    pure vandelism
    12-13-16 10:38 AM
    Interesting, so the frame of the DTEK50 and the Idol 4 is different. Idol 4 has a hollow speaker hole back to have a 360 degree speaker front and back.
    12-13-16 11:24 AM
    pure vandelism
    Fully agree. It's never nice to see phones getting tortured and broken but it helps potential buyers out a lot to know what they getting into before they make a purchase.

Makes a lot of sense for them to just be stickers consisting it's a budget device it's really just a small aesthetic change that doesn't change the fact that the DTEK50 has some solid speaker sound.

Posted via CB10
    For $299 i still expected some metal speaker grills. I don't mind having a couple 'stickers' for speaker grills but the price IMO should match. Maybe $199.

But, as you said. The speakers more than make up for the plastic covering. Still a really solid device for bending and the screen stood up to high heat.
    big_time2 likes this.
    12-13-16 11:52 AM
    Fully agree. It's never nice to see phones getting tortured and broken but it helps potential buyers out a lot to know what they getting into before they make a purchase.

For $299 i still expected some metal speaker grills. I don't mind having a couple 'stickers' for speaker grills but the price IMO should match. Maybe $199.

But, as you said. The speakers more than make up for the plastic covering. Still a really solid device for bending and the screen stood up to high heat.
    Except it is a $199 phone. With a $100 BlackBerry Tax.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5goo...oid-blackberry
    big_time2 likes this.
    12-13-16 12:18 PM
    Except it is a $199 phone. With a $100 BlackBerry Tax.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5goo...oid-blackberry
    have fun being locked to cricket lol
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    12-13-16 01:33 PM

Not sure why you'd expect them to be metal, it's not like a metal grill is very 'premium', if anything it's a hassle as it could rust out easily or paint could chip off.
    Not to mention 299...
    Is that supposed to be expensive ?

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn and big_time2 like this.
    12-13-16 02:42 PM
    have fun being locked to cricket lol
    Nothing an unlock code can't solve.
    12-13-16 02:47 PM
    Nothing an unlock code can't solve.
    Just went on their site. You have to pay 100$ and sign up for a plan. Not sure how this is a good deal...
    12-13-16 11:41 PM
    Makes our purchase even more worth it! And yes, I was a bit surprised with the grill sticker, too, although, it doesn't really matter that much.
    big_time2 likes this.
    12-14-16 02:02 AM
    Just saw a tear down of the Axon 7. Looks like it also has 'Stickers'. haha

Makes me feel a little better about the DTEK50 and makes me forget about it. (the stickers). ^_^
    12-14-16 09:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Guess now I know I can rip the stickers off to remove the pocket lint from them lol.
    12-14-16 08:01 PM
    pure vandelism
    How is that vandalism? The phone is their property to do with as they wish.
    big_time2 likes this.
    12-15-16 09:19 AM
    How is that vandalism? The phone is their property to do with as they wish.
    Try not to lose too much sleep over my view,after all this is a forum full of different views which makes it both interesting and sometimes funny. And your also entitled to your view also !
    big_time2 likes this.
    12-15-16 01:49 PM
    Try not to lose too much sleep over my view,after all this is a forum full of different views which makes it both interesting and sometimes funny. And your also entitled to your view also !
    I'm not losing any sleep over your opinion. I'm just saying, you seem to be ignorant of the definition of the word "vandalism."
    big_time2 likes this.
    12-15-16 03:26 PM
    I'm not losing any sleep over your opinion. I'm just saying, you seem to be ignorant of the definition of the word "vandalism."
    Don't think so,definition of the word vandalism= willful damage or destruction of any property with no other purpose than damage or destruction of said property. No ignorance on my part,my view expressed was lite hearted and even had an emoji after it. Good night and sleep well.
    12-15-16 03:45 PM
    Don't think so,definition of the word vandalism= willful damage or destruction of any property with no other purpose than damage or destruction of said property. No ignorance on my part,my view expressed was lite hearted and even had an emoji after it. Good night and sleep well.
    Wikipedia:
    "Vandalism is 'action involving deliberate destruction of or damage to public or private property'. The term includes criminal damage such as graffiti and defacement directed towards any property without permission of the owner."

Findlaw:
    "Vandalism is an offense that occurs when a person destroys or defaces someone else's property without permission."
    big_time2 likes this.
    12-15-16 04:14 PM
    Solid device. I'm impressed.
    big_time2 likes this.
    12-15-16 06:35 PM