Good afternoon fellow CrackBerry friends. Any word on when the DTEK50, unlocked and bought direct from BlackBerry, will be getting the January security patch? My T-Mobile branded Samsungs already have January patch. Seemed like things were getting back on track until December when I had to mess with Google Play Services to get the the security update to install.
    01-20-18 12:51 PM
    Nothing here yet, with a ShopBB unlocked DTEK50. The word of the day: SOON!
    01-20-18 01:47 PM
    Good afternoon fellow CrackBerry friends. Any word on when the DTEK50, unlocked and bought direct from BlackBerry, will be getting the January security patch? My T-Mobile branded Samsungs already have January patch. Seemed like things were getting back on track until December when I had to mess with Google Play Services to get the the security update to install.
    KEYone people in Canada are supposedly getting it on Monday the 22nd from Rogers so the DTEK people shouldn't be far behind.
    01-20-18 01:57 PM
    Hopefully better than December.
    01-20-18 04:06 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I'll keep my eye on the forums. really wish BlackBerry Mobile would have pushed a Nougat update to this device. This being said it is working fine for our son on Marshmallow.
    01-20-18 08:24 PM
    Nothing here yet, with a ShopBB unlocked DTEK50. The word of the day: SOON!
    Think that may soon be 'never'
    updates now further and further behind, late, and in some areas non existant!!
    I think that we will be lucky to see another couple of 'late, late' updates before we Dteks are no longer even acknowledged by the company, leave alone given our 'monthly' updates!!
    To BBMo/TCL/BB we are basically 'history' and they are slowly distancing themselves from us.
    Look at the 'fiasco' with the December update, having to do all sorts of different 'fixes' because they couldn't be bothered to correct their own mistake, but left us to jump through hoops to sort out THEIR mess-up!!
    I think this was part of a deliberate 'ploy' to get as many of us as possible to 'upgrade' rather than try to 'fix' it. (How many users don't frequent this site, and therefore had NO IDEA how to fix the problem??)
    Like it or not, this is probably nearer the truth than anything that the 'staff' on here are going to tell you!!
    Ethynil and adonesc like this.
    01-21-18 05:08 AM
    January? I'm still on November with Talkmobile uk, mind you, given the comments regarding the December update, it is probably just as well
    01-21-18 11:30 AM
    I guess BlackBerry as a "software company" best get its act together. I read the forums and see so many looking past these DTEK devices and any support and I say to myself what a bunch of BS. I have been a long-time supporter (from 2009 until February of '17 I had not used any other mobile OS except BlackBerry (August of '16 both my wife and I gave the DTEK50 a shot seeing the writing on the wall). Until these DTEK devices I had never experienced BlackBerry taking a punt on their responsibility. 100 percent has made me leary of any future BlackBerry Android offering and I am fairly certain others that have shared the "DTEK" experiences.
    Ethynil and adonesc like this.
    01-21-18 12:44 PM
    Please note I am not "bashing" or hating here. I LOVE the BlackBerry physical keyboard and if I was not so pissed may be rocking a KeyOne. However that launch was a colossal fail here in the US. I never have found a demo to put in my hand here in California to date.
    01-21-18 12:48 PM
    Please note I am not "bashing" or hating here. I LOVE the BlackBerry physical keyboard and if I was not so pissed may be rocking a KeyOne. However that launch was a colossal fail here in the US. I never have found a demo to put in my hand here in California to date.
    I own both DTEK and moved to KEYone. I'm not going to punish myself in some attempt to punish BB. They left hardware and TCL didn't sell me the DTEK so they don't have any obligation to me.

I wanted to see KEYone physically since my carrier, AT&T only sells online. I found that only Sprint corporate locations have the device in store. I feel the KEYone is made better than DTEK upon physical comparison so I ordered from AT&T.
    01-21-18 02:12 PM
    BlackBerry leaving hardware made by TCL does not obsolve BlackBerry now as a software company from not updating the DTEK line beyond Marshmallow. For those that purchased the DTEK they should not be deemed throwaway devices and or customers. Does BlackBerry not have a hand in now updating the KeyOne and or Motion since it's their software running on BlackBerry Mobiles hardware. Are you ok if the KeyOne and or Motion remain on Nougat a year from now?
    01-21-18 08:06 PM
    BlackBerry leaving hardware made by TCL does not obsolve BlackBerry now as a software company from not updating the DTEK line beyond Marshmallow. For those that purchased the DTEK they should not be deemed throwaway devices and or customers. Does BlackBerry not have a hand in now updating the KeyOne and or Motion since it's their software running on BlackBerry Mobiles hardware. Are you ok if the KeyOne and or Motion remain on Nougat a year from now?
    If BBMo is still in the hardware business then yes I'd probably be upset and refuse to buy another BBMo product if no Oreo. As I purchased my DTEK from BB and they've exited hardware, I can threaten never to purchase their hardware again, but alas they quit before I could fire them.
    01-21-18 08:58 PM
    How can you absolve BlackBerry as a "software" company from updating the DTEK mobile devices? Hardware wise they are more than capable of Nougat and even Oreo. I get BlackBerry is out of the hardware business but they are not out of the software business and are still active in the security updates.
    01-21-18 10:24 PM
    How can you absolve BlackBerry as a "software" company from updating the DTEK mobile devices? Hardware wise they are more than capable of Nougat and even Oreo. I get BlackBerry is out of the hardware business but they are not out of the software business and are still active in the security updates.
    I'm not absolving them. Just not going to punish myself or an unrelated company. To me, it's no different than using AT&T to buy my phone. I know that I'm not going to get updates as well as I would factory unlocked. However, I get AT&T infrastructure support. I've seen the reports of BBMo/TCL support and I'm not sure they're ready for primetime.

To me it's no different than another company not updating phone. I've got plenty of devices in my Android history that don't ever update the OS. Heck I have one Android Flagship that did update from Lollipop to Marshmallow that I wish stayed on Lollipop back then.

With all my BBAndroid phones, I've never paid flagship prices and I've known BB was very late to Android space. I understood learning curve, no different than Essential Phone. Until recently, Oneplus devices were missing some important AT&T bands just like my factory unlocked Z30. It happens. Again, why am I going to punish myself if some different OEM can do the same?

As I've said on here multiple times, with AT&T on my side, I'll give this new BBMo entity one chance.
    01-22-18 03:22 AM
    AT&T KEYone Update received AAT030 January 5 2018
    01-22-18 09:04 AM
    AT&T KEYone Update received AAT030 January 5 2018
    So why post about it in the DTEK 50 section?? Some of us are still awaiting the DECEMBER 'update' !!!!!!!!
    Not interested in Keyone, if I was, I'd be MAD....(and reading the Keyone section anyway!!)
    (PS, thanks for RUBBING our noses in it too!!)
    01-22-18 12:52 PM
    So why post about it in the DTEK 50 section?? Some of us are still awaiting the DECEMBER 'update' !!!!!!!!
    Not interested in Keyone, if I was, I'd be MAD....(and reading the Keyone section anyway!!)
    (PS, thanks for RUBBING our noses in it too!!)
    Sorry, I was cuttin and pastin and hit extra thread since I have DTEK. Any consolation, still looks same to me.
    01-22-18 12:57 PM
    The DTEK60 just got the January patch (AAT497) today. Bodes well for the DTEK50 I would think.
    01-23-18 05:29 PM
    Thank you Conite. I'll check my son's phone later this evening.
    01-23-18 06:00 PM
    Nothing for Sprint as yet for bb Keyone January update.
    01-24-18 03:56 PM
    Nothing for Sprint as yet for bb Keyone January update.
    This is a DTEK50 thread.

But yes, Sprint has their own KEYᵒⁿᵉ build, and they release when they wish to release.
    01-24-18 04:08 PM
    01-25-18 04:31 PM
    January patch arrived today in Germany, shopblackberry DTEK50. You still have to hop through the loops of uninstalling Google play service updates and deactivating device administrators.

At least they now post a link in the update notice to the detailed instructions. Blackberrymobile.com/OTAfix

I just fear that a one page instruction list will act as a deterrent for any normal user...

Posted via CB10
    01-26-18 02:10 AM
    January patch arrived today in Germany, shopblackberry DTEK50. You still have to hop through the loops of uninstalling Google play service updates and deactivating device administrators.

At least they now post a link in the update notice to the detailed instructions. Blackberrymobile.com/OTAfix

I just fear that a one page instruction list will act as a deterrent for any normal user...

Posted via CB10
    What's the build number of the new patch?
    01-26-18 02:21 AM
    I've got mine this morning. It had same problem like the one we got in December, saying "verification problem". Solution is also same as previous one, just uninstall updates of play services, and install updates, after what you can update play services again.
    01-26-18 02:26 AM
75 123