Hi, I am still using a DTEK50 (STH100-2), and have done the factory reset, the Empty Folder Cleaner, but still can't figure out why my Internal Storage is 14.41GB, yet my APPS and CACHE only adds up to 8GB.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to have this issue. I heard that Norton Clean can help, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with my DTEK50.

Thanks for any guidance!!
    05-25-19 08:37 PM
    5 Months on, and zero feedback? Really? Noone has a theory on this or a similar issue?
    09-13-19 01:51 AM
    5 Months on, and zero feedback? Really? Noone has a theory on this or a similar issue?
    Factory reset to clean out the cobwebs is what I'd do...but that's me I guess.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-19 10:00 AM
    Would the rest be taken up by the Android OS itself or am I misunderstanding your question??
    09-13-19 10:05 AM
    Not real clear on what you're asking about. Free space? space used?

Usually the space used by the OS itself is not counted. Then there's the recovery partition that's not reported. It's one of those mystery android things.

Even using different file manager apps to see the file system will report different results of what's used.

All that really matters is what's left.
    09-13-19 10:27 AM
    Hi joeldf. Apologies, got so ferd up , just went out and got a Keyone, with 65gb, so problem solved, in more ways than one: 1. this thing has 65gb, so plenty of space, however, and I think this is more important, 2. it actually shows what is being used by what. So there is a "system" category on the Keyone Storage page and miraculously you add that to apps, and photos, etc and you get the exact amount of total storage being used. On the DTEK, you are right that there is no section called OS or system or whatever, to designate how many gb the OS is hogging. Only Apps (which you can drill into), Guest and Cached data. So again mystery as to exactly waht is using what. Anyway, thanks for your input, problem solved.
    12-16-19 12:41 AM
    prepaidcardstatus
    Hi joeldf. Apologies, got so ferd up , just went out and got a Keyone, with 65gb, so problem solved, in more ways than one: 1. this thing has 65gb, so plenty of space, however, and I think this is more important, 2. it actually shows what is being used by what. So there is a "system" category on the Keyone Storage page and miraculously you add that to apps, and photos, etc and you get the exact amount of total storage being used. On the DTEK, you are right that there is no section called OS or system or whatever, to designate how many gb the OS is hogging. Only Apps (which you can drill into), Guest and Cached data. So again mystery as to exactly waht is using what. Anyway, thanks for your input, problem solved.
    Great idea man thanks keep it up all the time. am very happy to see your standard.
    Last edited by Snowmanta; 04-25-20 at 01:16 AM.
    04-24-20 01:46 AM