I've been storing camera photos/videos on my SD card.

I have found a file .... Internal Storage >> DCIM >> .thumbnails that seems to have what is says, thumbnails. About 1G worth. The majority, seem to be thumbnails of the photos on my SD card.

I do not see the .thumbnails folder on the SD card. Just the DCIM>>Camera folder on SD card.

I did quite a bit of searching and have found little or no info on this.

Does anyone know how/when these are generated?? Are they OK to delete??

Thanks for any info!!!!
    02-27-17 06:43 PM
    You can trash em. It just means the next time you open whatever it is you are using to view images that it might be a little bit slower to load as it will rebuild the cache again.
    02-28-17 09:15 AM
    You can trash em. It just means the next time you open whatever it is you are using to view images that it might be a little bit slower to load as it will rebuild the cache again.
    Thanks!! That's what I figured. Very different file structure from BBOS....... I have not spent much time with it at this point.

The Zen File Manager showing the Internal Storage as >root>sdcard ........... doesn't help. Liking solid explorer better at this point.

Just trying to clean up and free up some memory on DTEK50. Haven't had any problems but currently at 73%. Trying to clear cache and remove any unnecessary items. Thanks again!!
    02-28-17 11:33 AM
    I have a whole whack of I find silly files. And anyway to trim down the extras that were created on SD?
    02-28-17 11:48 AM
    I have a whole whack of I find silly files. And anyway to trim down the extras that were created on SD?
    Personally, I use SD Card Maid to help clean up some system junk that builds up. Unlike some of those snake oil cache cleaners and such, it doesn't add more crap to your device and it actually works.
    02-28-17 04:46 PM
    Personally, I use SD Card Maid to help clean up some system junk that builds up. Unlike some of those snake oil cache cleaners and such, it doesn't add more crap to your device and it actually works.
    Do you mean SD Maid?
    02-28-17 10:16 PM
    I am curious on how I end up with the file in question. And it just so save to photos on SD..
    03-01-17 12:07 PM
    Do you mean SD Maid?
    Yeah. That lol.
    03-01-17 02:40 PM
    I am curious on how I end up with the file in question. And it just so save to photos on SD..
    Just like how you end up with a bunch of junk files you never use on your computer. Every system generates cache files, thumbnail files, etc etc etc. It saves time when loading data because the data is cached and saved and ready for you rather than loading every single time.
    03-01-17 02:41 PM
    Just like how you end up with a bunch of junk files you never use on your computer. Every system generates cache files, thumbnail files, etc etc etc. It saves time when loading data because the data is cached and saved and ready for you rather than loading every single time.
    So deletion of them will eliminate them? Or are they destin to return ?
    03-01-17 02:48 PM
    So deletion of them will eliminate them? Or are they destin to return ?
    They'll always return with use.
    03-01-17 02:52 PM
    They'll always return with use.
    Thansk sir. Only ones I have left are the ones that will return. Others have not. Thanks my man
    03-01-17 02:55 PM
    Thanks for the info. I also found a huge number of thumbnails in that folder. There is so little local storage on the Dtek50 - I'm up to 80%!!
    03-02-17 08:34 PM
    I got rid of the thumbnails. Is there any way to "select all" ?
    This question also applies to other apps. I remember on BB10 I could select a whole group of emails to delete.
    03-02-17 08:51 PM