I thought that this "BlackBerry DTEK50 vs BlackBerry Priv" Comparison Article (source: V3 UK) was interesting -

Amended URL (as V3 site seemed to go down this afternoon): http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/review/246...lackberry-priv

Interesting enough that I forwarded the link/article to a couple of private clients who are looking to replace their Z10's & Z30.

Hope some of you find this article of interest too...

Mod's - I tried to post this in the BlackBerry Android forum, but CB only allowed me to post it in either the DTEK50 or Priv sub-forums, so please move this post to a more pertinent forum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 08-19-16 at 11:40 AM.
    08-19-16 09:49 AM
    Doesn't look like your link is working can't seem to load via crackberry app or external browser.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-19-16 11:02 AM
    Doesn't look like your link is working can't seem to load via crackberry app or external browser.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for letting me know - seems like their whole website is having issues at the moment.
    However, this link now seems to be working again: http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/review/246...lackberry-priv

Hope this helps. A
    PRGDR likes this.
    08-19-16 11:38 AM
    Would appreciate it if someone lets me know if the link is now working again (I'm wondering if it is only me who can read the article because I have subscription cookies on my PC). Thanks in advance.

BTW, here is is again: again: http://www.v3.co.uk/v3-uk/review/246...lackberry-priv

Interested to know if anyone has anything specific to add to what is in the article...
    08-20-16 01:44 PM
    Just worked for me. Thanks for posting.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-20-16 06:06 PM
    Just worked for me. Thanks for posting.
    Thanks for letting me know.
    08-20-16 06:17 PM
    Thanks for letting me know.
    I just tried it and worked for me too.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-20-16 07:08 PM
    Not working for me located in Montreal
    08-21-16 06:50 AM
    Not working for me located in Montreal
    Sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting me know.

It may be that the V3 website is having more problems, or maybe that the website restricts content to certain countries. Sorry, I'm not sure what the issue is. However, a friend in the US has just emailed me and she managed to get the link to work, but she said that it took a few goes... (and she still prefers the idea of getting a Passport, though is concerned about the Passport losing WhatsApp at the end of the year).
    08-21-16 10:36 AM
    Would appreciate it if someone lets me know if the link is now working again (I'm wondering if it is only me who can read the article because I have subscription cookies on my PC). Thanks in advance.

BTW, here is is again: again: BlackBerry DTEK50 vs BlackBerry Priv | V3

Interested to know if anyone has anything specific to add to what is in the article...
    They want me to turn off my adblocker, in order to show me the entire page. Nope.
    08-21-16 10:57 AM
    They want me to turn off my adblocker, in order to show me the entire page. Nope.
    Don't blame you!

Sorry, was not aware that V3 did this for their reviews (I use AdBlock Plus on Firefox and fortunately don't have the same issue).
    08-21-16 11:36 AM
    Well, I tested IRL both devices in deep.
    I pretty much agree with this review but I believe they underestimated the weight and thinness factor.

Currently in holidays I tried to switch from DTEK50 to Priv (sported it for a month before the DTEK50) . After 3 days I was back on DTEK50 as the battery life was not a concern for me and the pictures were fair enough (yes, PRIV wins easy front facing).
    Also, I would like to mention I found some (irrational ?) sympathy for DTEK50 and the best manner I could explain it is : "like my Curve" .
    Additionally, in my current situation I found DTEK50 won on : screen brightness (sun/outside), sound, cell reception.

As a BB10 diehard, I finally found an "Android mix" that I can agree with or "understand". An affordable yet friendly device with some BlackBerry secure sauce and features.
    Can't wait for the N upgrade with announced BB10 "merge"

Happy camper.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-21-16 01:49 PM
    BB10 merge? Sounds intriguing!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-16 08:54 PM
    08-22-16 06:44 AM
    they retain at least some of the BlackBerry software magic that gives them their hardened security edge.

Any reviews out there that give a better description than simply repeating the 'secret sauce' mantra?
    08-22-16 06:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yep, where can I read more about that?

08-22-16 06:55 AM
    Thanks!

Thinking about it (which I never have before), it makes sense that the original authors sell their copy to other distributors in other regions.
    08-22-16 08:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    "Merge" is a word used by J. Chen when taking about BB10 VS Android, maybe a quarter or two ago ... or even more, can't really remember.

He mentioned that IF they can raise Android security at the same level tan BB10 chances are the two will "merge" into a BB10 like experience, aka "the best of two worlds". I have nothing specific to report about it but as we saw with the HUB and the pinch gesture, we may expect the next Android release to be even closer to the BB10 experience (features, UI? ).
    That's what I meant here, nothing really revolutionary

08-22-16 08:54 AM
    Thanks!

Thinking about it (which I never have before), it makes sense that the original authors sell their copy to other distributors in other regions.
    No both sites are from the same company and for the same country and even same content management: Enterprise IT brands V3 and the INQUIRER unveil revamped responsive sites - Incisive Media
    Seems they just have different monetarizing schemes
    Superfly_FR and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    08-22-16 09:16 AM
    "Merge" is a word used by J. Chen

One thing that man is good at, is talking a lot of crap!
    08-22-16 09:55 AM
    "Merging" is another way of saying "dumping BB10 once and for all".
    08-22-16 10:07 AM