The Ringtone selection menu doesn't seem to allow for importing external files. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    05-12-17 02:46 PM
    To use a song or a custom sound as your ringtone, move the .mp3 file you want to use to the Ringtones folder on your device. You will need to use a file manager to do this.
    To use a song or a custom sound as your ringtone, move the .mp3 file you want to use to the Ringtones folder on your device. You will need to use a file manager to do this.
    05-12-17 02:56 PM
    I couldn't seem to set an mp3 as my ring tone after I set my sd card to adoptable. I thought it was just me but I recently changed it back and now all is fine.
    05-14-17 12:02 AM
    I didn't think I would have to ask, because I frequently navigte my device, but for the life of me, I cannot locate the Ringtones folder on my DTEK50...using two different file managers that I've used for years.

These tired old eyes are either missing something, or the Ringtones folder is hidden, so I would like to know the file path I need to follow.

Thanks!
    05-28-17 06:40 AM
    I didn't think I would have to ask, because I frequently navigte my device, but for the life of me, I cannot locate the Ringtones folder on my DTEK50...using two different file managers that I've used for years.

These tired old eyes are either missing something, or the Ringtones folder is hidden, so I would like to know the file path I need to follow.

Thanks!
    Internal memory/ringtones (Solid Explorer) or /storage/emulated/0/ringtones (absolute path), if it's not there, make it.
    Ethynil likes this.
    05-28-17 10:39 AM
    Internal memory/ringtones (Solid Explorer) or /storage/emulated/0/ringtones (absolute path), if it's not there, make it.
    Thurask,

May I present you with my Hero of the Day Award for helping me solve my problem!!. Interestingly, the device requires a restart for the new ringtone to be included in the drop down selection list.

I want to use a custom MP3 for my ringtone on my DTEK50.-hero-day-copy.jpg
    05-28-17 02:40 PM
    Just a note... if you format the micro-sd card so that it's not portable, your file structure will be all together as one. No more having two folders of this or that.

Plus the OS will actually install some apps right onto the micro-sd, seeing it is all one block with the internal portion. Eliminating the worry of filling up your internal storage capacity.
    06-12-17 03:24 AM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12910297
    The Ringtone selection menu doesn't seem to allow for importing external files. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    That's correct, new ringtones, notifications and alarms cannot be added from the selection drop down menu(es).

The must be added manually using a file manager (Asus File Manager) or (File Expert HD) or with a Ringtone maker, such as the Ringtone Maker from JRT, a ringtone maker I use.

If done manually using a file manager, move the desired ringtone file to the folder Ringtones, then reboot the device, following which your ringtone will appear in the drop down selection menu, in alphabetical order.

The same applies to notification sounds and alarms.

JRT Ringtone maker will automatically place them in the correct folder, during the SAVE process.
    JRT Ringtone maker also lets you edit / crop your sound file to the desired length.

Also see this Forum post for more insights on this related topic: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12910297

Steve
    06-12-17 06:18 PM
    That's correct, new ringtones, notifications and alarms cannot be added from the selection drop down menu(es).

The must be added manually using a file manager
    Steve
    Thanks, Steve.
    06-12-17 06:21 PM