Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Ok here's a final word on battery. Since it has been a huge talking point, I have been monitoring my battery since updating (and being part of the beta) and I can finally say it is now acceptable. It's still not the strongest battery out there BUT it's a huge improvement over what the DTEK50 was at launch. I've included a screenshot to show what I got today.

I had WiFi on for most of the day and screen time was little over 5 hours. For some unknown reason, BBM and Google photos were taking up some of my battery life. I've disabled both of them because I don't use either of them. And I use LeafPic as my photo app.

Bear in mind that I did have to charge the device when it got down to 20% so this isn't a 100% accurate but it gives a much better indication of what you can now expect with the updates. I consider myself a fairly heavy user, not a power user, but I still rely on my phone a lot. (Had no choice but to charge at 20%, I was uploading a large file for work and couldn't risk the battery dying).

One thing I will say, is that games DRAIN the battery but this is almost expected. I don't play games but during my tests, I was seeing heavy drain with games.

So now I'm just hoping the picture password option gets pushed out to us in future because so many people have asked for it on this forum. I'm enjoying the hub overlay now and I think everything is finally in working order. Well done to Blackberry for resolving the battery issues!

How is your battery now? Do you consider yourself acceptable? Has yours improved?

yrfthl likes this.
    09-12-16 05:16 PM
    That's more sot I get on my priv

How the heck?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-12-16 05:47 PM
    Sweet.
    09-12-16 05:47 PM
    This device has done nothing but improve since receipt. Latest update for Sept 6th was received on the device I purchased from B&H this AM. For an all touch device this thing is very very responsive. My dad now has a 6P and this device in comparison seems just as responsive for my usage. Not sure why anyone would want or need to spend anymore for a new all touch mobile device. The "mid tier" of today are exceptional when optimized.

The DTEK50
    sethr likes this.
    09-12-16 06:16 PM
    Using apps like that drain your battery more. Just use the internal tools, they work fine.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    09-12-16 06:22 PM
    That's more sot I get on my priv

How the heck?

I'm starting to think the Snapdragon 808 chipset was an utter failure. It overheats and uses crazy battery. I think the 615 chip in the DTEK50 is the same chip refined for mid-range

09-12-16 06:55 PM
    I tried GSam Battery Monitor for short time on Priv and it showed that it was one of the major battery drain so I deleted it
    sethr likes this.
    09-12-16 07:58 PM
    This was earlier today. I'm on the beta as well and sending diagnostics regularly as well. Definitely acceptable battery life on this little bad boy. Can't wait for the Mercury: with the smaller screen it should be even better.
    Attached Thumbnails I think I'm ready to keep my DTEK50..(battery)-screenshot_20160912-155149.jpg  
    09-12-16 08:57 PM
    Thanks sidtek50. Those numbers are encouraging.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    09-13-16 07:08 AM
    Keep in mind all the updates on bkb apps this past month. Multiple on some like Hub. Those may have battery related changes also.
    We never get changeless.
    09-13-16 07:33 AM
    Remove those instagram and snapchat apps. Should help a bit.
    09-13-16 11:05 AM
    Remove those instagram and snapchat apps. Should help a bit.
    It would defeat the purpose getting an android to have the apps lol
    sidtek50 and Carjackd like this.
    09-13-16 11:09 AM
    Well just because one gets an Android does not mean one needs or uses those apps. ;o)

The DTEK50
    09-13-16 05:36 PM
    Lol don't kill me. You might as well go back to having a flip phone

99008910z10Q20Z30PassportPrivDtek50
    09-13-16 07:25 PM
    My sons Dtek has settled in nicely since launch. It is what it is...it's not the strongest battery on the market but I really don't see things getting better in the device/battery market. Even as battery technology improves users are going to continue to demand more from their device. It is what it is ...keep your car chargers and battery packs handy.

Regardless OP, glad the Dtek 50 is working out for you now...it's a pretty sweet device.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    09-13-16 10:33 PM
    no phone calls or text? Just WiFi?

09-13-16 10:51 PM
    Coming from Blackberry use, we don't need apps.
    09-14-16 06:47 AM
    The battery is good enough I think

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-15-16 05:58 AM
    Yea battery is good enough considering 5-10 hours sleep of the day which I don't use the phone during of course
    + I'd be outside the house for around 10 hrs max
    The battery get me through the day easily
    I'm a bit of mix user sometimes heavy sometimes normal

Note that I'm on beta build as well and it keeps sending diagnosis frequently

Attached Thumbnails I think I'm ready to keep my DTEK50..(battery)-screenshot_20160915-214941.jpg  
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-15-16 02:07 PM
    Yea battery is good enough considering 5-10 hours sleep of the day which I don't use the phone during of course
    + I'd be outside the house for around 10 hrs max
    The battery get me through the day easily
    I'm a bit of mix user sometimes heavy sometimes normal

Note that I'm on beta build as well and it keeps sending diagnosis frequently

That doesn't seem like a good battery life, imo. It doesn't last more than a day...
    09-15-16 06:38 PM
    That doesn't seem like a good battery life, imo. It doesn't last more than a day...

Sure that's totally depends on you
    In my circumstances as I explained it kind of does get me through the day I only charge it once a day

It's huge jump if you're coming from a Z10 like me where I had to charge it every 4-5 hours

Keep in mind I constantly check social media and you can see that in the image in my previous comment
    I have 4 emails setup that are synced
    And the diagnosis being uploaded frequently during the day as part of being beta tester

So yes personally happy with that battery life while others might find it horrible

CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-15-16 07:25 PM
    We can have bigger batteries but Im hearing they may blow up(samsung). Im happy with charging my battery while I sleep. 10-13 hours in a day is good enough for me

99008910z10Q20Z30PassportPrivDtek50
    Last edited by mikedolo; 09-18-16 at 08:41 PM.
    09-18-16 06:12 PM
    Hmmm

BlackBerry Z30.
    09-18-16 08:34 PM