Quite honestly I loved the price. The phone could be faster, have a better battery, and an amoled screen (not that lcd is bad, just that bedside mode is a pain because it's still bright af)

But for the price, it was the easiest and most seamless transition for me into android from bb10 (which I'm still not all that happy about)
    10-23-16 11:06 PM
    I did the same, Bought the Passport SE for $299 and it is an amazing piece of hardware and just couldn't get everything that I needed to have.
    Glad I wasn't the only one. Still have my priv but it's been buggy and waiting to get something new.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-24-16 01:26 AM
    My Dtek50 should be arriving today so when I get home I'll start to set it up. I'll keep you all updated on how my experience goes with it. Hopefully a good one.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 08:10 AM
    I bought a Moto Play and just downloaded all of the Blackberry Apps, Added the BB wallpaper and except of the Security feature, don't I now have basically a Dtek 50?
    10-28-16 07:41 AM
    The dtek50 is a surprisingly good phone, it's zippy fast and with the advise of fellow CrackBerry members the battery is lasting a day and a half. I still use my leap for calls and emails and text because bb10 still can't be beat on that but the dtek50 for apps and steaming / surfing.

Posted via CB10
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-28-16 09:42 AM
    Surprisingly, I don't notice any degradation of call quantity between my passport and my 50, though passport had paratek and 50 doesn't. It was one thing I worried about, but don't anymore.
    10-28-16 01:55 PM
    Because it's a BlackBerry.. Nothing more to say
    10-28-16 02:51 PM
    I hope I will like it once I set it up

BB 9000 > Q10 > Z10 > Z30 > Z30 > Classic
    12-28-16 11:12 PM
    I think it depends on which carrier you use. Me and my wife are both on virgin (bell) and our dtek50's get HD calls supported. Better call quality than my classic was which was my best bb for phone. (I hated how laggy the phone app was! grrr took 3-5 seconds to open and i'd be saying hello at least twice everytime!)
    12-29-16 09:36 AM
    Quite honestly I loved the price. The phone could be faster, have a better battery, and an amoled screen (not that lcd is bad, just that bedside mode is a pain because it's still bright af)

But for the price, it was the easiest and most seamless transition for me into android from bb10 (which I'm still not all that happy about)
    I did some testing and found that hub plus services is a battery hog and a half. after disabling it and going with google keyboard and contacts my ram usage went wayy down and the phone lasts 2-3 days with average use!
    kitmo likes this.
    12-29-16 09:39 AM
    Complete control over app permissions
    Since marsmallow, you can control all permissions of your apps from settings. It's standard for android now. What's so special?
    12-29-16 11:20 AM
    I did some testing and found that hub plus services is a battery hog and a half. after disabling it and going with google keyboard and contacts my ram usage went wayy down and the phone lasts 2-3 days with average use!
    ...then why buy BB instead of any other Android phone? I don't really see your point.
    The services you disabled made me abandon Huawei and come back to BB (Hub+ slowed down P8 lite and severely drained battery).
    It doesn't bother me to charge the phone every evening (17-18 hours usage) but it would have bothered if it let me down in the middle of the afternoon. Concerning ram usage, I have never checked as nothing made me to, it just works smooth.
    12-29-16 12:40 PM
    ...then why buy BB instead of any other Android phone? I don't really see your point.
    The services you disabled made me abandon Huawei and come back to BB (Hub+ slowed down P8 lite and severely drained battery).
    It doesn't bother me to charge the phone every evening (17-18 hours usage) but it would have bothered if it let me down in the middle of the afternoon. Concerning ram usage, I have never checked as nothing made me to, it just works smooth.
    Because I love the phone and love all the security features. I only have 1 email and no social media so i don't need it. I also found the calendar needs more work with integrating with Gmail. I'm always playing and tweaking. I might try using the task bar thing again soon if it plays nice with Google calendar
    12-29-16 02:38 PM
    After getting my Dtek50 set up and working the way I need it to, I'm starting to really like it. I found it much harder to set up than BB10 - too many settings and permissions. But it has some BlackBerry touches that I don't think other androids have.

I would be interested in a phone with Dtek60 specs, but not so big. The Dtek50 is PLENTY big enough. Guess I'll be using this for a while!!
    01-14-17 09:07 PM
39 12