My Dtek50 is android version6.0.1 . The phone app came with the phone - I can't tell who it is owned by and have not been able to update it independently. App settings indicate version 5.2.12.1.0257.0 if that helps. * The phone app is the one app giving me 98% of all my grief with this, my first Android after bb10.*

On touching the app I get this message: "give phone access to phone and contacts". I go into settings...and check offers phone and contacts ...but UNLESS I also give permission to Camera...the phone will not show. *I have gone through this cycle dozens or hundreds of times. *Sometimes it's like the app gives up and I finally get a phone.. Then randomly we go back to this dance of they say gimme and I say no. **

I do not want camera permission given. (I watched CBC Marketplace on this and it scared me, to be frank. *There is no reason this app needs to take photos with my phone). *

I can receive calls. * I can use my contacts to dial out... but without the app link, I cannot get a keypad to dial from. * *

Anyone have ideas???? Thanks
    Last edited by Shelley bbLoyal; 03-27-17 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Addon
    03-27-17 08:57 AM
    Wipe the phone, start fresh. Nothing you're saying about the phone app makes any sense and doesn't match what I have, so just wipe it clean or at least uninstall that phone app. It sounds like you're saying the phone was given to you with the app loaded, which if true, I'm not sure why you wouldn't wipe the phone anyway to begin with.
    03-27-17 12:31 PM
    Here's a photo of what the telephone app requires for my priv. This is the app that came with it.

Go to settings, apps, telephone.
    Attached Thumbnails I can't phone on the dtek50 Phone app!-10540.jpg  
    03-27-17 02:47 PM
    I have 6 permissions for the Dtek50 phone app. I've turned off camera and location and the phone works fine with no nagging.
    03-27-17 03:05 PM
    The phone came via Rogers... preloaded with the phone app. Box was sealed from blackberry. I Didn't wipe it. The only option I have is to enable / disable or force stop. Can't remove the app. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with using photos as part of the contact profile?
    03-27-17 03:14 PM
    Thanks BerrySpawn. I have the 6 permissions too.. Its got to be some sort of glitch.
    03-27-17 03:17 PM
    Phone is part of the core apps you can't uninstall. Try a force stop, then clear data and cache. Worse case is a security wipe to factory state. Can't imagine Rogers branding and/or sim lock affecting phone in that way. It usually affects working or not working as opposed to affecting specific settings for the app.
    03-27-17 03:27 PM
    Curious, what are the 2 other permissions you require that differ from mine, camera and ?

I might add, my priv is factory unlocked.
    03-27-17 03:33 PM
    Curious, what are the 2 other permissions you require that differ from mine, camera and ?

I might add, my priv is factory unlocked.
    Microphone
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-27-17 03:46 PM
    Microphone
    Ahh, thanks .😀
    03-27-17 03:48 PM
    I tried the storage and cache clearing...no luck. Getting the blue screen first...then next try I get the request to access phone. I can answer deny and never ask again... but the cycle continues. This happened initially with the phone then stopped...maybe a BlackBerry update re-triggered the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails I can't phone on the dtek50 Phone app!-screenshot_20170327-092421.jpg   I can't phone on the dtek50 Phone app!-screenshot_20170327-092414.jpg   I can't phone on the dtek50 Phone app!-screenshot_20170327-170334.jpg  
    03-27-17 04:07 PM
    Does your phone have visual voice? Is that what it's called? It would be a feature provided by your telco, and have you enabled it in the settings somewhere.

That may make some sense ....
    03-27-17 04:57 PM
    I can't think of anything else short of a security wipe which is painful but a phone is not much fun if you can't dial a number directly. You can't root a BlackBerry to play with the phone data not that you should anyhow. If you decide to wipe, use BB Link to backup your stuff first. After it re-initializes, set up the phone first before installing other apps in case there's a conflict. If it still doesn't behave at that stage, take it back to Rogers.
    03-27-17 06:18 PM
    I can't think of anything else short of a security wipe which is painful but a phone is not much fun if you can't dial a number directly. You can't root a BlackBerry to play with the phone data not that you should anyhow. If you decide to wipe, use BB Link to backup your stuff first. After it re-initializes, set up the phone first before installing other apps in case there's a conflict. If it still doesn't behave at that stage, take it back to Rogers.
    No BlackBerry link for the blackdroids.
    03-27-17 06:33 PM
    Thanks. I'll have to wait for a brave day...... I can still dial through contacts...but it's not convenient for sure! I will have to go through apps for visual voice. Could even be the Facebook messages that are messing it up. Appreciate the suggestions!
    03-27-17 06:44 PM
    Oh I didn't know that. Thanks. Fortunately I haven't had to backup since my stuff is mostly Google.
    03-27-17 06:46 PM