http://crackberry.com/blackberry-hub...133.1461251751

This makes me second guess pre-ordering the DTEK50 that's for sure I mean, sure you have the hardware hardening on the DTEK50 but personally I was willing to shell out the higher price for it because of the software but now for $12 a year I can officially get that same software from BlackBerry on any Android? Probably going to get something else with higher specs.

Anyone else?
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-03-16 09:08 AM
    Yeah, I just saw this...I'll prolly cancel and get a Note 7 or Nexus 6P...
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-03-16 09:20 AM
    Well... I really do want to come back to the Blackbery fold, but I can't really justify replacing my Moto X Play as I just got it a few months ago. I want the DTEK50, but really the main thing is the monthly security updates. I'm still mad at Moto for lying about their commitment, but it's still a good phone.
    08-03-16 09:23 AM
    Keyboard is missing from the deal, for what it's worth.
    Sairos, CDM76 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    08-03-16 09:33 AM
    Yeah, I just saw this...I'll prolly cancel and get a Note 7 or Nexus 6P...
    I just pre-ordered the Note 7 myself. I tried the 6P many times at stored but really don't like how it feels in the hand, hoping the Note 7 will be more comfortable.
    08-03-16 09:33 AM
    Keyboard is missing from the deal, for what it's worth.
    Yeah I noticed that, personally I don't mind SwiftKey so if I can't use Cobalts method for just the Keyboard I'll just use SwiftKey.
    08-03-16 09:34 AM
    Im even more upset it doesn't work for my tablet T.T
    brian4591 likes this.
    08-03-16 09:38 AM
    I think everything will seem more integrated on a BlackBerry handset though. If you just want the hub then I can see just getting the app on some other handset. But if you need the security of BlackBerry, then still gotta go with a BlackBerry handset. I think this was a good move by BlackBerry.

Will be interesting when samsung is supposed to release their version of the hub. I wonder if BlackBerry is keeping an eye on this, something too similar can lead to legal action maybe? Or forcing samsung to license it from BlackBerry maybe? Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    brian4591, yvpan1 and CDM76 like this.
    08-03-16 11:01 AM
    Just cancelled my DTEK 50. I have two lines. Work and Personal. I have the Priv for work and was going to go to the DTEK 50 as my personal phone just because I do love the HUB. Well...now I can get the Note 7 and have the HUB. I hope BB will come out with another Flagship next year, cause I will for sure buy it.
    08-03-16 11:21 AM
    The Hub, Contacts and Calendar suite are easily worth a buck a month to anyone who cares about (1) the functionality/integration (e.g. S/MIME) and (2) getting their data OFF the Googleplex, since this is a one-package way to do that if you have an Exchange server available to you.

Does it change my mind on the DTEK50? Nope. There are still few phones that interest me in that general range and none of them include the monthly security update commitment. The Motorola Pure line looked good right up until Moto abandoned any commitment to keep the OS current, and the hardening value is real.
    08-03-16 11:24 AM
    Nope, mind hasn't changed. Still wouldn't buy it.
    CerveloJohn and jope28 like this.
    08-03-16 11:25 AM
    I have to have the Virtual Key Board. That is the most important app BlackBerry is keeping to themselves.
    Is Password Keeper a part of it? That is integrated now into the BlackBerry Keyboard as autofill

Going from PRIV > DTEK50 > Argon?
    08-03-16 11:37 AM
    The 3 swipe shortcuts cannot be replicated on non-Blackberry devices, and it is my most used feature. I know there are other swipe launchers and apps out there, but they don't work nearly as well.

Also missing ( I think) is the productivity tab. It's a great way to swipe to "check" unread messages from the HUB.

I'm still keeping my DTEK50 orders.
    Gebo, brian4591 and gvs1341 like this.
    08-03-16 11:38 AM
    The Hub, Contacts and Calendar suite are easily worth a buck a month to anyone who cares about (1) the functionality/integration (e.g. S/MIME) and (2) getting their data OFF the Googleplex, since this is a one-package way to do that if you have an Exchange server available to you.

Does it change my mind on the DTEK50? Nope. There are still few phones that interest me in that general range and none of them include the monthly security update commitment. The Motorola Pure line looked good right up until Moto abandoned any commitment to keep the OS current, and the hardening value is real.
    I agree 100% with this ^^^^
    I will stick with DTEK50 for fast security updates, BlackBerry VKB, Password keeper, and having ad free Hub!

CerveloJohn and Matt J like this.
    08-03-16 11:40 AM
    The 3 swipe shortcuts cannot be replicated on non-Blackberry devices, and it is my most used feature. I know there are other swipe launchers and apps out there, but they don't work nearly as well.

Also missing ( I think) is the productivity tab. It's a great way to swipe to "check" unread messages from the HUB.

I'm still keeping my DTEK50 orders.
    Amazing how people jump to conclusions and cancel thinking it will be exactly the same on other Androids as it will be on a BlackBerry.
    It will still be better than anything else Android has to offer but not quite as good as on DTEK50 /Priv

DolemiteDONS and CDM76 like this.
    08-03-16 11:41 AM
    I don't disagree with you guys at all, if this was the Argon coming out with premium specs I would be all over it.

Looks like they are going to keep adding/tweaking the Hub+ so it may get better as well.

Password Keeper is a part of it. Although Samsung announced their version of this app with the Note 7 so will see how that all works as well.
    08-03-16 11:44 AM
    Was never buying it in the first place. I have a Priv which I don't really use, and a Nexus 6P that already has all of the Blackberry services on it.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-03-16 11:49 AM
    Now Blackberry can make the same money a single dev straight out of a college programming course aspires to!

There are a lot of keyboards. I hate that they send your keystrokes to the cloud and swiftkey was just found leaking out users information just by simply using the app.
    Q10Bold and CDM76 like this.
    08-03-16 12:10 PM
    BlackBerry Launches Software Licensing Program for Its Mobility Solutions Business

BY Market Wire
    — 9:00 AM ET 08/03/2016
    From comments by Priv users, it sounds that the integrated Blackberry Hub on the Priv is not as fluid and natural as it is on BB10 devices. Also, I don't know that the general Android MM user will want to shell out $12.00/year for the features of HUB+. We will have to wait and see. I think (at this stage of Blackberry comeback as a business entity), it may have been a better strategy to release the Hub as a 30-day trial app with some features + advertisements etc. and set a fixed price to upgrade to professional version (with all or select features and no advertisements).
    08-03-16 12:38 PM
    Now Blackberry can make the same money a single dev straight out of a college programming course aspires to!

There are a lot of keyboards. I hate that they send your keystrokes to the cloud and swiftkey was just found leaking out users information just by simply using the app.
    There a lot of keyboards out there but nothing even close to remembering your words and predicting like BlackBerry Keyboard. Samsung, Swiftkey, iOs all suck compared to BlackBerry Keyboard

08-03-16 12:49 PM
    Does this apply to dtek50 users? I thought if you buy a BlackBerry device the hub would be free??

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 01:20 PM
    Don't forget about the DTEK app too. Only available on a BlackBerry Android device.
    08-03-16 01:20 PM
    Does this apply to dtek50 users? I thought if you buy a BlackBerry device the hub would be free??

Posted via CB10
    No. It's free for BlackBerry users.

We also get a lot more than others will ever get: keyboard, swipe up gestures, productivity tab, multitasking screen similar to BB10, DTEK, plus all the OS and kernel hardening.
    08-03-16 01:30 PM
    There a lot of keyboards out there but nothing even close to remembering your words and predicting like BlackBerry Keyboard. Samsung, Swiftkey, iOs all suck compared to BlackBerry Keyboard

The BlackBerry keyboard is licensed from SwiftKey and they use the same prediction engine. So no, it's not better than SwiftKey.
    08-03-16 01:44 PM
    The BlackBerry keyboard is licensed from SwiftKey and they use the same prediction engine. So no, it's not better than SwiftKey.
    If you've used a BlackBerry device you would know. I've tried pretty much all android devices and Windows with all sorts of keyboards
    Nothing comes close to BlackBerry keyboard. I never had to correct my typing
    It learns your style and gets better as you use it.

I'm almost twice as fast with BlackBerry device compared to any android with swift key.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 01:56 PM
158 123 ...