The phone is light, but does that mean it is not strong? There are threads for build quality, cases, and one busted display, but no good collection of what abuse the phone can handle.

DTEK owners, let us know what is the worst thing you've done to your phone (by accident or on purpose) and did it survive?
    09-20-16 12:58 PM
    Won't survive a drop on the concrete as my Z10 did countless times without a case. I was very thankful they replaced the phone like they did for the guy in the other thread. Waiting for my case to get here and being very careful in the meantime.

Other than that, love the phone. Couldn't be happier.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-20-16 01:46 PM
    Cant really say that. My z10 did what's I like to call an iPhone screen crack from table to floor. Then phone was useless. Couldn't use phone at all. Crap overpriced blackberry that was

99008910z10Q20Z30PassportPrivDtek50
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-20-16 04:49 PM
    One person could drop their phone 10 times and not hurt anything. Another person could drop theirs once and ruin it. They are phones, they are fragile, and if you are worried about dropping it get a case for it.
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-21-16 07:23 AM
    Yes I would definitely have a case on it. The point of this thread was to hopefully have people express their DTEK50 drops with good or bad outcomes. It might help put into perspective the verbal "It's light with bad build quality" that one finds around here.

Just because it is a phone, though, doesn't mean it's fragile. My passport gets an inordinate knocking around, but it is built like an an ox with its I-beam frame.
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-21-16 03:07 PM
    I actually have my second dtek50 because the first one is with broken screen and nobody has the new screen as it's too new device
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-22-16 12:11 PM
    Couple of falls onto carpet. Corner strike, but in a flip case.
    Before flip case I had a heavier two piece case on. It didn't take a dump to concrete from about four feet. Hard enough for a short bounce. No damage
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-22-16 06:37 PM
    Couple of falls onto carpet. Corner strike, but in a flip case.
    Before flip case I had a heavier two piece case on. It didn't take a dump to concrete from about four feet. Hard enough for a short bounce. No damage
    Flip case not necessarily perfect though. Talked with a fellow who dropped a Samsung S7 edge in such a case, and the screen still cracked!
    09-22-16 07:57 PM
    I can't break what I don't have

Sent from my Priv
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-22-16 09:15 PM
    Breaks...your heart?
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-23-16 07:41 AM
    I hate to admit that I've dropped my dtek50 multiple times from different heights and onto different surfaces. I was walking in a dollar store and some lady accidentally knocked it out of my hand! It flew like a foot forward and slid onto the floor a bit. I picked it up and everything was fine.

Similarly, no damage from any other drop. Like, at all. I checked over the phone every time and no scratches, knicks, or dents.

I realize that I could just be lucky, but so far this phone has been pretty durable for me.
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-23-16 04:53 PM