I'll wait until BBry extended support of OS10 wears off (promised to add two more years), or maybe TCL will make some sound moves(not much of a hope though).

Z30 >> DTEK60
    02-02-18 04:00 PM
    Is blackberry going to provide a nougat update for dtek 50???
    02-24-18 11:25 AM
    Is blackberry going to provide a nougat update for dtek 50???
    No.
    02-24-18 11:36 AM
    Okay...thanks!!!
    02-24-18 11:38 AM
    dtek 50 battery is draining like a hell...need to charge it 3-4 times a day...any workaround to save the battery life of my dtek 50???
    02-24-18 11:39 AM
    dtek 50 battery is draining like a hell...need to charge it 3-4 times a day...any workaround to save the battery life of my dtek 50???
    Look at the battery use in settings. What's at the top of the list.

Try a 32 second reboot.

After that, do a factory reset if necessary.
    02-24-18 12:07 PM
    Wat is 32 second reboot ?
    02-24-18 12:46 PM
    Wat is 32 second reboot ?
    Hold the power button down for 32 seconds and don't mind what's happening on the screen.
    02-24-18 12:54 PM
    Don't know why people complain soo much about the DTEK50. It has its shortcomings, no doubt. But mine works just fine and given the fact that it wasn't an easy choice to give up the BB10 OS and devices, the DTEK50 was about as good a transitional device I could have hoped for, especially being a newbie on Android, while still retaining some of the BlackBerry flavour I want and need (BlackBerry Keyboard, Hub etc.)

Yeah, we won't get the Nougat update, but Marshmallow works just fine, I get all the regular updates for my apps, browser and all it's services and features etc.

The sound and screen on this device are a winner for me.

A decent phone for my needs, soo far I'm not sorry having purchased it.
    falbo, jcbrunson and Johnny Dollar like this.
    02-26-18 08:43 AM
    The frustrating aspect is that the DTEK50 and 60 would be so much better on Nougat. Nougat on my S7 is very stable and great battery life. Having both side by side the DTEK pales in battery life comparison and it really does not have to. I know my S7 has the 820 but so does the DTEK60 and it's a very capable SOC. My employee bought a Motorola G4 on my recommendation of a good value device. It has the 617 SOC like the DTEK and is on Nougat. It's what they could be on Nougat that is so disappointing to me and also so unlike BlackBerry to leave a device hanging. I don't care if they are "out" of handsets. They handle the software and 100 percent should have pushed at least 1 OS update.
    03-03-18 11:30 AM
    The frustrating aspect is that the DTEK50 and 60 would be so much better on Nougat. My employee bought a Motorola G4 on my recommendation of a good value device. It has the 617 SOC like the DTEK and is on Nougat. It's what they could be on Nougat that is so disappointing to me and also so unlike BlackBerry to leave a device hanging. I don't care if they are "out" of handsets. They handle the software and 100 percent should have pushed at least 1 OS update.
    100% agree, as son bought a Moto G4 at same time I bought a Dtek50. He has had the 'N' upgrade, and, therefore the extra 2 years support that Dteks will not get.
    Both phones are good, but...as mentioned, Moto G4 works great on 'N' and so would Dteks, but....BBMo/TCL/BB refuse to support these phones anymore than the 'requirement of 2 years updates' .
    When these stop for my Dtek50, will move to another brand, as no longer have any faith in what was Blackberrt
    03-03-18 12:15 PM

100% agree, as son bought a Moto G4 at same time I bought a Dtek50. He has had the 'N' upgrade, and, therefore the extra 2 years support that Dteks will not get.
    Both phones are good, but...as mentioned, Moto G4 works great on 'N' and so would Dteks, but....BBMo/TCL/BB refuse to support these phones anymore than the 'requirement of 2 years updates' .
    When these stop for my Dtek50, will move to another brand, as no longer have any faith in what was Blackberrt
    Obviously you gotta do what you gotta do.

But BlackBerry Mobile is not BlackBerry, and BlackBerry Mobile has already committed to at least 3 years of patches and at least 1 major update for its devices.
    03-03-18 12:50 PM
    Obviously you gotta do what you gotta do.

But BlackBerry Mobile is not BlackBerry, and BlackBerry Mobile has already committed to at least 3 years of patches and at least 1 major update for its devices.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, same old, same old.....

As we all know (and you keep on telling us) the Dteks are not anything to do with the 'new Blackberry' and so are not included in the 3 years and one OS update,
    Dteks are 'nothing to do with 'new BB' so it's just 'tough luck' for the 'suckers' who bought into the Dteks isn't it??

The 'official' line is 'spend even more money on our latest phone' and just 'ditch' our last offering...
    How companies treat their customers defines whether I purchase again from them...Sadly, BB will not be getting my custom again...they 'legacied' aphone that was less than a year old, (whilst still selling them) and have (despite what you say) delivered sporadic updates which have not always worked..(there are still owners who have not got Jan or Feb updates now, in MARCH)

Basically we are left in 'limbo' and I have decided that Motorola appears to be a more 'open and honest' firm than BB are ever going to be....
    Son paid £50 LESS for a Moto G4 than I paid for Dtek, he is on 'N' and will get updates for longer than my Dtek on 'M' because of the OS upgrade I have not had...FACT!!!!
    03-03-18 02:10 PM
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, same old, same old.....

As we all know (and you keep on telling us) the Dteks are not anything to do with the 'new Blackberry' and so are not included in the 3 years and one OS update,
    Dteks are 'nothing to do with 'new BB' so it's just 'tough luck' for the 'suckers' who bought into the Dteks isn't it??

The 'official' line is 'spend even more money on our latest phone' and just 'ditch' our last offering...
    How companies treat their customers defines whether I purchase again from them...Sadly, BB will not be getting my custom again...they 'legacied' aphone that was less than a year old, (whilst still selling them) and have (despite what you say) delivered sporadic updates which have not always worked..(there are still owners who have not got Jan or Feb updates now, in MARCH)

Basically we are left in 'limbo' and I have decided that Motorola appears to be a more 'open and honest' firm than BB are ever going to be....
    Son paid £50 LESS for a Moto G4 than I paid for Dtek, he is on 'N' and will get updates for longer than my Dtek on 'M' because of the OS upgrade I have not had...FACT!!!!
    All your complaints are with regards to BlackBerry, who went out of the hardware business almost 1 1/2 years ago. None of them are relevant to BlackBerry Mobile. Zero.
    03-03-18 02:11 PM
    All your complaints are with regards to BlackBerry, who went out of the hardware business almost 1 1/2 years ago. None of them are relevant to BlackBerry Mobile. Zero.
    Yeah, Yeah, yeah,
    same old, same old, same old.
    regurgitated rhetoric.....
    The name is the same...take on the name, take on the reputation....
    If TCL/BBMo/BB want the bouquets then they also have to take the brickbats...
    Whether you like it or not, pooh sticks!!!
    03-03-18 03:28 PM
    Yeah, Yeah, yeah,
    same old, same old, same old.
    regurgitated rhetoric.....
    Doesn't make it inaccurate though. You might as well be blaming TCL for the failures of Windows Mobile, or the Sega Genesis too.
    03-03-18 03:42 PM
    Doesn't make it inaccurate though. You might as well be blaming TCL for the failures of Windows Mobile, or the Sega Genesis too.
    You sometimes talk a real load of bull poo, don't you??
    Microsoft was responsible for mobile failure, it was their licence, TCL TOOK ON Blackberry, knowing that it would also take their reputation, hence the association.
    They had nothing to do with windows or Sega, they DO with Blackberry, therefore your two suggestions are just plain stupid, associating TCL with Microsoft and Sega!!!

Why not just admit that TCL took on BB, and then dumped what it didn't want from them, plain and simple!!!

Get real Conite, remove the rose tinted glasses and see the REAL world, rather than the TCL rose tinted one, where everyone else is wrong, and they/you are right!!!
    anon(10123624) likes this.
    03-04-18 03:11 AM
    You sometimes talk a real load of bull poo, don't you??
    Microsoft was responsible for mobile failure, it was their licence, TCL TOOK ON Blackberry, knowing that it would also take their reputation, hence the association.
    They had nothing to do with windows or Sega, they DO with Blackberry, therefore your two suggestions are just plain stupid, associating TCL with Microsoft and Sega!!!

Why not just admit that TCL took on BB, and then dumped what it didn't want from them, plain and simple!!!

Get real Conite, remove the rose tinted glasses and see the REAL world, rather than the TCL rose tinted one, where everyone else is wrong, and they/you are right!!!
    TCL hasn't "taken on BlackBerry". They are one of three companies who simply pay BlackBerry for the right to use the name and to use the OS on their own phones.

Do you blame the newly formed Finnish company HMD Global for past issues you may have had regarding Nokia?

Do you blame China's Hisense Electric, who now sell their own TVs under the Sharp name in the US, for past issues you may have had with Sharp-proper?

Do you blame Emtek/Creative Media Works Pte. Ltd. for what BlackBerry did with BBM prior to its involvement?

These are all new companies with their own management, decision makers, infrastructure, manufacturing, designers, distribution, etc. who are making entirely different products.
    Last edited by conite; 03-04-18 at 12:57 PM.
    03-04-18 08:57 AM
43 12