Supposedly, this feature works out of the box, just like it did on Priv, see this for evidence:
    Unlocked BlackBerry DTEK50 supports T-Mobile VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling - TmoNews
    But as the title suggests, no way to make it work or even see the feature option. Anyone have any insight.
    08-11-16 08:57 PM
    08-11-16 09:11 PM
    Should be, or mines going back... Wont be able to check it out until the 27th.

From the manual: Turn on Wi-Fi

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen once using two fingers, or twice using one finger.
    2. Tap > More > Wi-Fi calling.
    3. Turn on the Wi-Fi Calling switch.
    4. To see when your device will make Wi-Fi calls, turn on Wi-Fi Calling Status.
    5. Tap Wi-Fi calling preferences > Connection preferences.
    08-11-16 09:13 PM
    There is no WiFi option under Settings/More, that's the problem.
    08-11-16 09:16 PM
    Supposedly, this feature works out of the box, just like it did on Priv, see this for evidence:
    Unlocked BlackBerry DTEK50 supports T-Mobile VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling - TmoNews
    But as the title suggests, no way to make it work or even see the feature option. Anyone have any insight.
    There is no WiFi option under Settings/More, that's the problem.
    Do you guys have LTE coverage? If so, would you mind checking if voLTE is available? I'm not sure what the steps are for checking if voLTE is on or not, but if you place a call and the network coverage indicator stays at 4G LTE throughout (before and during the call,) you have voLTE. If it drops to 4G or lower, you don't have voLTE.
    08-11-16 09:20 PM
    ?? Does T-Mobile identify the SIM as a DTEK phone or a Priv? I haven't registered/activated the SIM yet because its a gift. Would like to get it set up as much as possible without a SIM in it...
    08-11-16 09:21 PM
    Please let us know when and how you get this working. This is a showstopper for me.
    TommyBB likes this.
    08-12-16 06:11 AM
    Although I'm not on T-Mobile, I'm seriously considering moving to them, and WiFi calling is a major draw. I sincerely hope this can be enabled on the DTEK50.
    TommyBB likes this.
    08-12-16 09:45 AM
    There is NO WIFI calling, can confirm that.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    TommyBB and auditman like this.
    08-12-16 09:57 AM
    The phone is supposedly capable, but of course, TMo has to OK it. And they may. Reading of Android phones brought to Tmo, some not getting it at first, then with an update (not and OS update) suddenly getting it. Tmo has been incredibly open about BB10 phones (all can be made to work now) so it they're encouraging BYOP, don't see why Android would be an issue.
    08-12-16 10:19 AM
    Call tmobile tech support. they do support bring your own device, and in my experience, are helpful. So they may not know or support the specifics of your device, but can tell you what you need to enable (whereever & however it is to be found). They also are the only ones who can tell you definitively that if your device "doesn't have capability x" then it can't work.
    08-12-16 10:26 AM
    08-12-16 10:47 AM
    I can also say no wifi calling here either. Please don't tell me I spent the entire morning setting this phone up for nothing. I don't care how sweet this thing is, no wifi calling then it'll go back in the box.
    08-12-16 11:06 AM
    I should receive my phone on Monday and if it won't support WiFi Calling + I recently found out that picture password isn't available either, then the phone might just go back!
    08-12-16 11:28 AM
    Yes I've seen it, since I posted it in my original thread. It's trying to make this news article jive with the fact my phone doesn't do what the news article says.
    08-12-16 12:03 PM
    I parsed the wording of the article, and it doesn't exactly say that the phone will have WFC and voLTE on TMO, much less at launch--just that it supports both. Well, BB10 phones also support voLTE on TMO, and here we are. Welcome to BYOD on TMO, ladies and gentlemen.

If you guys want definitive answers, don't go by what BlackBerry says (anonymous or attributed sources.) Try to ask TMO people: @sievertmike or @askdes on Twitter.
    08-12-16 12:14 PM
    Looks like this one is going back... Went for another round robin with TMo and BB with not lick. Perhaps BB should talk to Google, their latest unlocked Nexus on MM can use Wi-Fi calling. There is a way but TMO is not going to do anything about it since they don't sell it..

Nice phone/ price point but a waste of time...
    08-12-16 12:50 PM
    I parsed the wording of the article, and it doesn't exactly say that the phone will have WFC and voLTE on TMO, much less at launch--just that it supports both. Well, BB10 phones also support voLTE on TMO, and here we are. Welcome to BYOD on TMO, ladies and gentlemen.

If you guys want definitive answers, don't go by what BlackBerry says (anonymous or attributed sources.) Try to ask TMO people: @sievertmike or @askdes on Twitter.
    I just tweeted the above and also included Legere and Chen on it. Let's see where this goes.
    raino likes this.
    08-12-16 01:01 PM
    Looks like this one is going back... Went for another round robin with TMo and BB with not lick. Perhaps BB should talk to Google, their latest unlocked Nexus on MM can use Wi-Fi calling.
    It's your money so your call, but since you bring up the Nexus, let's keep things in perspective.

The Nexus 6p had one of the worst delays in getting voLTE on TMO. They certainly did not launch with it. The phone launched 9-10/15 and band 12/voLTE came in 2016.

voLTE =! WFC, but both are enabled at TMO's level.

So two OEMs--one with the backing of the behemoth Google--and one carrier in common between them. So I wonder who's at fault here.........
    08-12-16 01:02 PM
    Back in the box but I'll hold out a bit to see if this will be fixed. Won't be OUTCONUS for a few months so WiFi calling can wait a bit. I certainly like the phone and no desire to buy a Nexus.
    08-12-16 01:53 PM
    Maybe once you insert a T-Mobile sim cardthe company will install it's on bloatware and have this enabled.
    08-12-16 06:03 PM