Hi. Can anyone tell me how to enable mass storage on DTEK50? Is it possible or am I stuck with MTP?

Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    09-13-16 02:53 AM
    Not with Marshmallow, no. Google took it out for whatever reason.
    09-13-16 02:57 AM
    Not with Marshmallow, no. Google took it out for whatever reason.
    You can't use your phone like a USB drive with marshmallow

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-13-16 04:23 AM
    How are you then able to transfer files / pics / etc?

(Sorry, but I'm on Q10 and that's one of my favorite features, which I kind of use really ofen)

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-13-16 04:25 AM
    You can't use your phone like a USB drive with marshmallow

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Yes you can. I do it all the time. Even with Adaptive storage. I just uploaded a photo to Amazon last week by plugging into my desktop.
    As soon as you plug it in it goes to Charge only. If you click that notification you can choose File Transfer, giving full USB access.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    09-13-16 07:39 AM
    Swipe down from the top once it is plugged in to access the options to enable file transfer.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-13-16 07:42 AM
    There are also a multitude of wireless file transfer apps, using your WiFi network on Google Play Store, some in File Managers and others strictly made for wireless file transfer.

The one I use is WiFi File Transfer by SmarterDroid. The free version may suit your needs. The free version cannot upload files larger than 5 MB. Everything else works 100%.

If you're transfering large music files, for example you may want the paid version that has no file size restrictions (modest $1.40).

I like the logical and intuitive user interface in this particular app.
    09-13-16 08:29 AM
    How are you then able to transfer files / pics / etc?

(Sorry, but I'm on Q10 and that's one of my favorite features, which I kind of use really ofen)

Posted via CB10
    MTP is still there, just mass storage is gone.
    09-13-16 11:08 AM
    Yeah, nah, MTP sucks. It doesn't work without drivers. It doesn't actually work like a USB device, so you can't directly open a file in e.g. Photoshop, you have to copy it to a local drive and open it from there.

This was the one feature that brought me to BlackBerry. Windows does it badly. Apple won't have a bar of it. And now Android have crippled it.

Mirko935 likes this.
    09-14-16 04:09 AM
    There are also a multitude of wireless file transfer apps, using your WiFi network on Google Play Store, some in File Managers and others strictly made for wireless file transfer.
    Thanks, but wireless isn't always an option.

09-14-16 04:18 AM
    Yes you can. I do it all the time. Even with Adaptive storage. I just uploaded a photo to Amazon last week by plugging into my desktop.
    As soon as you plug it in it goes to Charge only. If you click that notification you can choose File Transfer, giving full USB access.
    That is not USB Mass Storage. It transfers files over Media Trasfer Protocol or MTP. Google removed support for USB Mass Storage in KitKat.

And yes, MTP is terrible in comparison. It's slow, buggy, asks stupid questions like "Your device might not be able to play the file, are you sure you want to transfer it" and thereby interrupts transfer when I try copying e.g. FLACs etc. I hate it.
    09-15-16 08:31 AM