My Dtek50 is now doing what my Dtek60 did before it got replaced by BBM on warranty. (Shutting off at 35%, saying battery is at 0%, then immediately going back to 35% when I plug it in).
    The 50 is not on warranty, so I might want to try replacing the battery myself. The 60 is working great now!!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    06-03-18 10:51 AM
    Here's a teardown:
    06-03-18 12:17 PM
    Here's a teardown:
    Looks complicated. Probably because he took the whole phone apart. Once you remove the 3 pull tabs under the battery, do you need to put them back under the new battery? (Or replace them with something)?
    Where is the best place to get a battery? Anazon?

Thanks!!
    06-03-18 12:40 PM
    Looks complicated. Probably because he took the whole phone apart. Once you remove the 3 pull tabs under the battery, do you need to put them back under the new battery? (Or replace them with something)?
    Where is the best place to get a battery? Anazon?

Thanks!!
    The pull tabs are adhesive, if the new battery doesn't come with them then some double sided tape should do the trick.

As for batteries, it is the same part number as an Alcatel Idol 4 battery (TLp026EJ), so check eBay.
    06-04-18 10:44 PM
    The pull tabs are adhesive, if the new battery doesn't come with them then some double sided tape should do the trick.

As for batteries, it is the same part number as an Alcatel Idol 4 battery (TLp026EJ), so check eBay.
    Thanks. I ordered one from eBay. Comes with a set of tools. Batterycentre actually has it listed a a Dtek50 battery.
    Fortunately I have a Dtek60, so I can practice on the 50. LOL
    06-05-18 07:17 AM

Thanks, Thurask. I did it!!
    Typing now on the Dtek50 with the new battery. The hardest part was getting the pull tabs out!! I had some thin double sided tape, so used that.
    Now just have to see how the performance is.

At least I didn't break the phone!! LOL
    06-11-18 08:47 PM
    Curious to know why (your guess) you had the same problem on 2 different BlackBerry phones? Charger? Outlet?..etc. If I was you I'd start looking for other ways/places to charge my phones. Wow I've had my 50 since launch and not experienced any of your problems.. knock on wood.
    06-12-18 06:16 PM
    Curious to know why (your guess) you had the same problem on 2 different BlackBerry phones? Charger? Outlet?..etc. If I was you I'd start looking for other ways/places to charge my phones. Wow I've had my 50 since launch and not experienced any of your problems.. knock on wood.
    No idea!! Different chargers (micro USB vs USB C) same outlet. Z30 always charged by same and still going strong.
    Maybe because I charge overnight? But always did that.
    Dtek60 is known to have this problem. I was surprised by the Dtek50. It is not my primary phone.
    My replacement Dtek60 is working fine so far.
    06-13-18 07:33 AM