BlackBerry is pushing the message that DTEK50 is the "world's most secure Android smartphone". Even the launch webcast makes no mention that the Priv is equally secure. Is there something extra they have done that I have missed that makes it more secure than the Priv?
    07-27-16 02:15 AM
    AFAIK they have the exact same "foundation" security wise. Same slogan applies to both.
    Not always a good thing to use definitive statements repetitively, if you ask me, though.
    07-27-16 02:21 AM
    It is more secure because they say so. Lol. They're trying to sell a new item, guess it's kinda make sense they don't give space for other items. It's just marketing speech. I'm sure they both are equal.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 02:23 AM
    It's puffing. The exact android skin the priv has the dtek50 has as well. No fingerprint scanner though, so that's up for debate.
    07-27-16 02:39 AM
    The video said there the same, it says smartphones. It's the DTEK app on both

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 03:00 AM
    My bad, towards the very end of the launch webcast the question of the Priv being less secure comes up and David Kleidermacher says "of course not" and leaves it at that. Dunno how I missed it.
    hoytbowhunter and geekaren like this.
    07-27-16 03:05 AM
    Having a finger print doesn't make the device securer. It's actually the opposite.

Someone can use it while you're sleeping or may be cut it off. ๐Ÿ˜
    My pin goes with me to my grave ๐Ÿ˜‚

Posted via handy dandy PRIV
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    07-27-16 03:06 AM
    Having a finger print doesn't make the device securer. It's actually the opposite.

Someone can use it while you're sleeping or may be cut it off. ๐Ÿ˜
    My pin goes with me to my grave ๐Ÿ˜‚

Posted via handy dandy PRIV
    I agree, I won't use it on the next BlackBerry that's going to have it.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 03:22 AM
    My bad, towards the very end of the launch webcast the question of the Priv being less secure comes up and David Kleidermacher says "of course not" and leaves it at that. Dunno how I missed it.
    I was wondering how you missed it lol, but it's easy to do when your in the moment.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 03:23 AM
    Maybe it's more secure because all dteks will be on mm.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 04:32 AM
    There all equal

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv
    07-27-16 11:20 AM
    I wonder how many users of this phone will keep it locked? I guess if the employer mandates it then they will have to. Otherwise, surveys say it's about 50%. Plenty of CrackBerrians don't think it's necessary to lock their smartphone. I wonder how many more of them would lock their phone if they had the option of fingerprint unlock?

By the way, does the claim of most secure Android phone include the Blackphone?
    07-27-16 11:40 AM
    By the way, does the claim of most secure Android phone include the Blackphone?
    It's not really quantifiable, but BlackBerry does have the unique position versus Turing/Copperhead/etc. of not being one guy selling the phone from the trunk of a car, plus the additional BES/Good for potential enterprise customers.
    cgk likes this.
    07-27-16 11:50 AM
    The one real difference is that updates will be sent sooner than on some of the the Privs in the US as carriers will not be in the middle to slow them down.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 01:03 PM
    It's not really quantifiable, but BlackBerry does have the unique position versus Turing/Copperhead/etc. of not being one guy selling the phone from the trunk of a car, plus the additional BES/Good for potential enterprise customers.
    I read recently that Copperhead had to layoff a pile of staff because sales of the Black phone were tanking.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-27-16 01:06 PM
    It's puffing. The exact android skin the priv has the dtek50 has as well. No fingerprint scanner though, so that's up for debate.
    Root of trust does not rely on android. It a layer that is based underneath. It also rely on "digitally signed" chips, aka physical.
    Fingerprint scanner is a fluke and a danger for all of us.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-28-16 01:24 PM
    The only difference I can think of is that the DTEK50 will launch with Marshmellow wheras they cannot guarantee that all Priv users have upgraded. When both phones are running the latest OS, the security is the exact same.
    07-28-16 01:59 PM