Hello.

I recently switched to BB Android after over 3 amazing years on Blackberry 10. I have an SD card mounted on my DTEK 50 but I can't seem to view the SD card on my Mac's finder (El Capitan) like I used to do on blackberry 10. I've already installed the blackberry android USB drivers and android file transfer. And while I can view my dtek 50's files using android file transfer (in file transfer mode), I would prefer using finder as android file transfer has limited viewing/preview, and copy/cut/paste options.

Any help?

Thanks.
    02-12-17 08:10 PM
    Download Android File Transfer - https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

You can also try AirDroid if you wish - https://airdroid.com/
    02-12-17 08:18 PM
    Hi Bla1ze, thanks for the response. However, I've already downloaded android file transfer, and its file management options are limited (drag and drop only, no thumbnails or preview).

I would like to know if it's possible to connect my SD card on my dtek 50 to my Macbook and view the SD Card as a USB storage device on finder (like I was able to do on Blackberry 10).
    02-12-17 08:27 PM
    Hi Bla1ze, thanks for the response. However, I've already downloaded android file transfer, and its file management options are limited (drag and drop only, no thumbnails or preview).

I would like to know if it's possible to connect my SD card on my dtek 50 to my Macbook and view the SD Card as a USB storage device on finder (like I was able to do on Blackberry 10).
    When connected, did you swipe down from the top on your device and change it from charge only mode to USB?
    02-12-17 08:32 PM
    When connected, did you swipe down from the top on your device and change it from charge only mode to USB?
    Yes, I selected file transfer
    02-12-17 08:48 PM
    Any help? Thanks
    02-13-17 06:00 PM
    Any help? Thanks
    Yous selected "transfer files (MTP)"? Also, maybe ensure itunes is not running. Who knows, could interfere with something.

If that doesn't work, maybe a USB card reader adapter?
    02-13-17 09:02 PM
    Keeping this thread alive.

Also having this difficulty with the DTEK50 and Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) -- it could be an operating feature. "USB for file transfer" is selected and while the SD card (AND the DTEK50's 16GB internal storage) is accessible on my Windows 10 laptop, just like any other inserted drive, it's AWOL on the Mac. Even Drive Utility doesn't see it as an umounted drive. Pity as I had a Terminal script that sync'ed the contents of 128 GB card to another drive, backing up my media files.

The card has not been reconfigured in any way since I pulled it from a Z30 where it did mount in the MAC OS in USB Mass storage mode. It's NOT been configured as adoptable storage. I wonder if a driver is required to negotiate the Mac/Android Os'es. Hopefully, something will come to light.

Edit: In case it may be a factor: the SD card is formatted exFAT; I did have to install a (Blackberry) "Exfat Driver" in order for the DTEK50 to recognize it.
    Last edited by linguinee; 03-02-17 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Extra Info
    03-02-17 11:57 AM