What to expect in 2500 Ma battery....

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 07:45 AM
    I wouldn't expect much.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-27-16 07:55 AM
    It's going to be an issue for some.... make sure to get the power bundle.
    big_time2 likes this.
    07-27-16 08:07 AM
    I get by fine with my old Z10 battery that everyone seemed to complain about. I am wondering though if I can swap and/or reboot by pulling the battery on the DTEK50 , like I can with the Z10.
    zodmode247 likes this.
    07-27-16 08:10 AM
    it is too early to tell. But doesn't look promising

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 08:16 AM
    I get by fine with my old Z10 battery that everyone seemed to complain about. I am wondering though if I can swap and/or reboot by pulling the battery on the DTEK50 , like I can with the Z10.
    Yes but Z10 runs BBOS10

Posted via CB10
    zodmode247 likes this.
    07-27-16 08:16 AM
    What to expect in 2500 Ma battery....

Posted via CB10
    It's a 2610mah battery.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-27-16 01:13 PM
    I'm worried, too. 10% more would be fine.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 01:20 PM
    Probably the only reason holding me back from pre-ordering one is the (probably crappy) battery life...Don't think I can go from passport to that
    07-27-16 01:26 PM
    DTEK battery is really terrible.

the reason for that is that the DTEK system is an overly that check every movement of android. remember Nokia X?

because of DTEK overlay, it eats into the battery.

even viewing your Hub drains like 3 percent in quick succession...
    09-24-16 06:09 PM
    Well the Priv batter got much better after you figure out how to tweak the phone.

Disable location services, disable background data on apps, and perhaps more I don't know.

I'm guessing the dtek50 is the same. But bringing a power bank is probably key.

#workwide #OG Black
    09-24-16 06:22 PM
    So true no apps to run on z10. So More battery power. I'll take the apps over battery

9900�8910�z10�Q20�Z30�Passport�Priv�Dtek50�
    09-24-16 06:39 PM
    DTEK battery is really terrible.

the reason for that is that the DTEK system is an overly that check every movement of android. remember Nokia X?

because of DTEK overlay, it eats into the battery.

even viewing your Hub drains like 3 percent in quick succession...
    BS. Simply not true. Set up apps like one does in BlackBerry 10 and it gets me through the day and then some. I don't game or stream on my device but I do maintain and manage a very high email volume. Sips battery in standby mode. Better than my Classic and Passport. It seems comparable to my former Z30 for my needs.

The DTEK50
    CerveloJohn and terminatorx like this.
    09-27-16 12:41 AM
    I know we've beat it to death but the battery on the DTEK50 really is woeful at best. I charge mine 2-3 times daily - more than i've ever charged any other phone, ever. A few people on the BETA have complained about battery life (can't go into more detail than that) but the DTEK50 is a phone that prioritizes security.

Your battery WILL last longer if you don't stream - that's a given. But if you're using wifi, streaming, using bluetooth - it will drain fast. I charge my DTEK50 to 100% and within 3 minutes i'm down to 97% (turning on wifi and pulling down emails).

I *think* it's actually Android to blame along with the screen size. I'm going to keep my DTEK50 for a short while longer but I know I will replace it, but it probably wont be with another Blackberry, because the Priv had bad battery life on launch and the DTEK50 has suffered from a poor battery too. In short: anyone claiming good battery life on the DTEK50 doesn't use the phone much at all (i.e less than 2.5 hours of screen on time).
    big_time2 likes this.
    09-27-16 05:21 PM
    You can't remove/pull out the battery from the DTEK50, it's non removable.
    09-29-16 03:14 PM
    I know we've beat it to death but the battery on the DTEK50 really is woeful at best. I charge mine 2-3 times daily - more than i've ever charged any other phone, ever. A few people on the BETA have complained about battery life (can't go into more detail than that) but the DTEK50 is a phone that prioritizes security.
    Same here. There hasn't been a single day since I bought mine in which I haven't had to charge it twice.

I don't know how much the battery can be improved with software updates but if it stays like this, I am definitely getting a different phone over the next couple of months.
    09-29-16 03:16 PM
    I'm actually surprised by how good the battery is. Maybe people are expecting too much. I charged my dtek50 to 100% on tues at midnight and I just plugged it in for a charge at 1pm with 7% battery left. Thats over 60 hours! Mind you I didnt make any voice calls or use it heavily, but I was definitely using it for installing and testing various appa, using web browser and checking email.

That amount of time was pretty much the same for me as my z30 lasted while sitting totally idle, and I had it tweaked with low brightness and nfc off too.

Another thing I noticed and really liked, is that because of the light weight and thinness, it pretty easy to use one handed for browsing and other light activites. Defintely a lot easier than my z30 or previous Classic was. This at least feels light on the arm/hand, as I am really used to my 9900.
    big_time2 and CerveloJohn like this.
    09-29-16 03:17 PM
    Sometimes like Z30.

Attached Thumbnails How about the battery... In DTEK 50-screenshot_20160929-204414.jpg  
    09-30-16 01:46 AM

Your battery WILL last longer if you don't stream - that's a given. But if you're using wifi, streaming, using bluetooth - it will drain fast. I charge my DTEK50 to 100% and within 3 minutes i'm down to 97% (turning on wifi and pulling down emails).

I *think* it's actually Android to blame along with the screen size. I'm going to keep my DTEK50 for a short while longer but I know I will replace it, but it probably wont be with another Blackberry, because the Priv had bad battery life on launch and the DTEK50 has suffered from a poor battery too. In short: anyone claiming good battery life on the DTEK50 doesn't use the phone much at all (i.e less than 2.5 hours of screen on time).
    There are ways to extend battery life in android. Disable apps running in the background, also make sure you close running apps. Screen brightness down to 50%, some even to 30% on DTEK because it's still too bright. Extend the sync times on your various email accounts, or even turn them off...disable app permissions that are not needed. That's where Dtek app really shines because apps like facebook access your phone about 700 times a day. Disable things like spying permissions. Lastly, anytime you're not actively using bluetooth, WiFi, NFC or even mobile data, turn them off. You'll definitely extend battery.

I get that we shouldn't have to resort to these measures, but it's just good practice to do these things on any android device no matter how good or bad the battery is, and you'll see a boost in battery operating times.

Posted via CB10
    YeemanBB likes this.
    09-30-16 06:53 AM
    I'm actually surprised by how good the battery is. Maybe people are expecting too much. I charged my dtek50 to 100% on tues at midnight and I just plugged it in for a charge at 1pm with 7% battery left. Thats over 60 hours! Mind you I didnt make any voice calls or use it heavily, but I was definitely using it for installing and testing various appa, using web browser and checking email.

That amount of time was pretty much the same for me as my z30 lasted while sitting totally idle, and I had it tweaked with low brightness and nfc off too.

Another thing I noticed and really liked, is that because of the light weight and thinness, it pretty easy to use one handed for browsing and other light activites. Defintely a lot easier than my z30 or previous Classic was. This at least feels light on the arm/hand, as I am really used to my 9900.
    The batteries in the DTEK 50 and the Z30 have virtually identical capacity if you calculate out their watt-hours. However, Z30 is inherently less efficient because the Hub is on all the time and all Android apps need to go through the ART and BB10 to work.
    09-30-16 08:33 AM
    There are ways to extend battery life in android. Disable apps running in the background, also make sure you close running apps. Screen brightness down to 50%, some even to 30% on DTEK because it's still too bright. Extend the sync times on your various email accounts, or even turn them off...disable app permissions that are not needed. That's where Dtek app really shines because apps like facebook access your phone about 700 times a day. Disable things like spying permissions. Lastly, anytime you're not actively using bluetooth, WiFi, NFC or even mobile data, turn them off. You'll definitely extend battery.

I get that we shouldn't have to resort to these measures, but it's just good practice to do these things on any android device no matter how good or bad the battery is, and you'll see a boost in battery operating times.

Posted via CB10
    One should do the items above on any device. If you don't it will zap the battery irrespective. My DTEK50 set up as I have lasts the same as my Z30. 5 emails, 1500-1800 emails per week, SOT for reading (I don't stream movies and or music from my devices) texts, calls, etc. The doze feature actually preserves battery better than bedside on my BlackBerry 10 devices. Battery life is 100 percent subjective and dependent on ones usage. A 3000 plus battery will drain quickly if all radio/networks are continually left on, used or not, and one is streaming for hours.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    09-30-16 09:32 AM
    I wouldn't expect much.
    Its almost as good as my Z30. And the size is 2610 mah.

09-30-16 10:09 AM
    Good article on Android Central about how to save battery life on the S7. Most apply to pretty much any device.

http://www.androidcentral.com/fix-ba...life-galaxy-s7

09-30-16 12:58 PM
    Ive won one of these...I hope the battery lasts at least as much as my current HTC One M8...
    09-30-16 03:36 PM
    Its almost as good as my Z30. And the size is 2610 mah.

That means a lot knowing how you use the phone and what you do with it... I could say it's better than the Z10, if I kept my Z10 in airplane mode all day.
    09-30-16 06:22 PM
78 123 ...