Hi Guys,

I just received my new BlackBerry DTEK 50 yesterday. I pre-ordered it and so far I love it. But I am having trouble with getting an email account set up. I transferred all my data over with the content transfer app and it seemed to work find. Then at the end it made me set up all my emails. I was able to get two of my three emails over. The emails that worked were a Hotmail and Rogers (aka Yahoo). The only email I can't get to work is is my work email. This is the email I use for work, where all the emails from the company I work for come through. I have this email set up and working on my BlackBerry Z10 and I can't seem to get it to work with the DTEK 50. I am getting a little fed up with this because I have spent pretty much all afternoon today trying get this email to work. I tried looking up solutions online and have found nothing.
    I know all the information is right. I have tried everything to get it to work. Every time I try on the outgoing server it says "Can't connect to server. Please check your settings, and try again."
    Now I have checked my setting and they are all correct. I even login to my email on my computer and it worked fine. If anyone can help me that would be great.
    Just for information here is the information that needs to be imputed.
    Secure SSL/TLS Settings
    Incoming Server: mail.companiesname.ca (I just put companiesname instead of the real name)
    IMAP Port: 993
    POP3 Port: 995
    Outgoing Server: mail.comapniesname.ca
    SMTP Port: 465
    Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.
    08-13-16 04:25 PM
    Maybe try setting it up as Microsoft Exchange Activesync

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-13-16 05:37 PM
    I tried setting it up as a Microsoft Exchange Activesync and it did not work. I have tried everything I can think of and it still does not work. It keeps saying the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 05:44 PM
    I tried setting it up as a Microsoft Exchange Activesync and it did not work. I have tried everything I can think of and it still does not work. It keeps saying the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    Does content transfer also transfers email accounts?
    08-13-16 10:12 PM
    Yes it does and it transferred two of my emails nicely. But my work email did not work. It showed it there on the content transfer app but I just can't seem to set it up. Everything I try does not work.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 10:56 PM
    Yes it does and it transferred two of my emails nicely. But my work email did not work. It showed it there on the content transfer app but I just can't seem to set it up. Everything I try does not work.

Posted via CB10
    Was your third email(work) account transferred half way? If yes, then your account could back in an error state. If your phone's box had complimentary support phone #, just call them. I will get my phone on Monday and will have to set up all of my email accounts as well. My I had PRIV previously and will restore from there, which could be a different scenario.
    08-14-16 02:15 AM
    I see incorrect infos there. Imap is imap.company.ca and SMTP should be SMTP.company?
    08-14-16 02:20 AM
    Was your third email(work) account transferred half way? If yes, then your account could back in an error state. If your phone's box had complimentary support phone #, just call them. I will get my phone on Monday and will have to set up all of my email accounts as well. My I had PRIV previously and will restore from there, which could be a different scenario.
    I don't believe it transferred half way through. I had no problems transferring all my data. My parents just got themselves the PRIV and they did not have any problems. My dad had to setup his work email as the content transfer app did not set it up like his other emails. But he just did it manually and he got it to work. Anyways hope you enjoy your new phone. I love the DTEK 50 so far. Even though I can't get my work email setup yet it is a great phone. I hope you like it as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 10:03 AM
    I see incorrect infos there. Imap is imap.company.ca and SMTP should be SMTP.company?
    I just tried what you suggest and it did not work. Thanks for saying the information was incorrect but it is to bad that it did not work.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 10:08 AM
    I just tried what you suggest and it did not work. Thanks for saying the information was incorrect but it is to bad that it did not work.

Posted via CB10
    No worries, your IT department should tell you what the settings are, it is not difficult to set up, honestly.
    08-14-16 01:42 PM
    No worries, your IT department should tell you what the settings are, it is not difficult to set up, honestly.
    The thing is I already know what information I need to input is. It just for some reason will not work.
    08-14-16 02:43 PM
    Have you tried deleting the email account set up by the content transfer app, and restarting setting it up manually?

As long as you can be 100% sure there are no typos in the entries for username and PW, problems usually occur in incorrect port number allocations or security authentication settings.

I recently had an experience similar to yours, where all settings were correct, except I didn't notice I omitted a checkmark in the box "Require Authentication"
    08-14-16 03:09 PM
    Have you tried deleting the email account set up by the content transfer app, and restarting setting it up manually?

As long as you can be 100% sure there are no typos in the entries for username and PW, problems usually occur in incorrect port number allocations or security authentication settings.

I recently had an experience similar to yours, where all settings were correct, except I didn't notice I omitted a checkmarkin the box "Require Authentication"
    Yes I did try that and it did not work. I no longer have the email on my phone. I only have the two emails that worked.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-15-16 09:19 AM
    Yes I did try that and it did not work.
    If that email account is a work related account and if your employer has an IT manager / department, you may want to report your experience, and ask if there is another port number that could be used and confirm the security protocols for incoming and outgoing mail.

I had an experience setting up a password entry that had symbols in it, where the Android keyboard on the device was entering an erroneous symbol. I reset the password removing the symbol and it worked OK. There is also the issue of case sensitive entries to double check, and to ensure that entries are made from the keyboard and not copy / pasted.
    08-15-16 12:02 PM
    Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. I kind of gave up and was going to get my dad to help me tomorrow but while I was having lunch at work today I thought I would give it another try.
    So I opened up the Hub and tapped add account and typed in my work email address and password. I did not add it manually and just did it through the normal setup and to my surprise it actually added my email. So it works now. I now have all my emails working on my new DTEK50. I can only see the emails I have gotten in the past week but I am just so happy that I got it to work. I am not sure why it worked now and not when I was at home. When I was trying to set it up at home it kept saying "Can't connect to server. Please check your settings, and try again." So maybe why it did not work at home was because it actually could not connect to server because something was wrong with internet at home. This is the only thing I can think of why it did not work. I setup my new phone with the Wi-Fi we have at work so maybe this Wi-Fi at work is working properly and the one at home is not.
    Also tried setting it up by disconnecting from my home Wi-Fi and using mobile network that did not work as well so it could have been where I was located. Either way I got it to work now so thanks again for all your help.
    So if anyone else is having the same problem just go out and use a different Wi-Fi than the one at your house or move to a different location.
    08-18-16 04:25 PM