This will probably be the last two phones they make, they will probably be done after there failure. lmao
    Havent they failed enough already?? This is the problem with this company!
    Nothing but failures!!!
    David Muir likes this.
    05-19-16 03:20 PM
    Havent they failed enough already?? This is the problem with this company!
    Nothing but failures!!!
    In my opinion , if they would have stuck with BB10 and made devices like the Passport, and go to market in the proper fashion, it wouldn't be the dead dog that it is.
    You need more publicity than facebook and twitter,
    anon(3983727) and David Muir like this.
    05-19-16 03:23 PM
    In my opinion , if they would have stuck with BB10 and made devices like the Passport, and go to market in the proper fashion, it wouldn't be the dead dog that it is.
    You need more publicity than facebook and twitter,
    You need apps. without apps people won't even look at your device. Or be disappointed when they buy it and can't share their pet snake to instagram like their iPhone using kid can.

But to get apps, Dev's want the os to have a good marketshare.

Unfortunately without apps you can't have a marketshare.

So like Tizen, Mozilla, Jolla, Sailfish, Palm OS and Ubuntu Mobile. You'll just fail.

Or you can be Microsoft and keep your phone business alive by pumping endless cash into it. But even that isn't helping them.

Android was the only hope BlackBerry had left. And the Priv is a good device, just as the Z30 was for BlackBerry 10.
    Barbareren and Xeak like this.
    05-19-16 03:28 PM
    You need apps. without apps people won't even look at your device. Or be disappointed when they buy it and can't share their pet snake to instagram like their iPhone using kid can.

But to get apps, Dev's want the os to have a good marketshare.

Unfortunately without apps you can't have a marketshare.

So like Tizen, Mozilla, Jolla, Sailfish, Palm OS and Ubuntu Mobile. You'll just fail.

Or you can be Microsoft and keep your phone business alive by pumping endless cash into it. But even that isn't helping them.

Android was the only hope BlackBerry had left. And the Priv is a good device, just as the Z30 was for BlackBerry 10.

You don't need apps, you just need a phone to do what you need, Everyone blames the app gap, so when you have an android and the built in os sucks compared to BB10, thats ok just as long as i get my apps, not for me no way, stop blaming the app gap, the gap is actually maybe 4 main stream apps and they could have done something in regard to getting them to sign up and become a partner with BB.
    Goldboot02 and anon(3983727) like this.
    05-19-16 03:42 PM
    There isn't one magical reason to rule them all... BlackBerry got complacent and allowed the competition to pass right by them while they stuck with an ancient BBOS. By the time BB10 came out, everyone already had it in their mind that BB is slow and outdated. Couple that with the fact BB didn't advertise at all that they have a new OS and to forget the old one, everyone kept thinking they are slow and outdated. Lack of consumers meant lack of apps (because who would want to build an app for only a few users??), now instead of sounding shallow and saying that BB isn't "cool" people can use the excuse that it has no apps as an objective reason for not considering them. Then compile that with Samsung taking a page out of Apple's book and selling the consumers an image rather than products. So now people can convince themselves that they have a "choice" since it's two big companies dominating rather than just one.

It's a combination and chain of events that lead them here, it's not any one thing...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    jas1978, Jrox74 and phuoc like this.
    05-19-16 03:52 PM
    The next two BlackBerry devices will run on BBOS 7.2
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    05-19-16 05:32 PM
    You don't need apps, you just need a phone to do what you need, Everyone blames the app gap, so when you have an android and the built in os sucks compared to BB10, thats ok just as long as i get my apps, not for me no way, stop blaming the app gap, the gap is actually maybe 4 main stream apps and they could have done something in regard to getting them to sign up and become a partner with BB.
    Android does not suck and I think that BlackBerry can add value to the platform. I have a BB10 and would not buy another. There is still room in the marketplace for value and quality. Do not know if BlackBerry can deliver.

Posted via CB10
    Nels likes this.
    05-19-16 07:45 PM
    Android does not suck and I think that BlackBerry can add value to the platform. I have a BB10 and would not buy another. There is still room in the marketplace for value and quality. Do not know if BlackBerry can deliver.

Posted via CB10
    True it doesn't totally suck , lol but to people that don't like the platform it does. Look at the hate for Apple , a lot of people thinks it sucks.

But then again that's my opinion �\_(ツ)_/�
    05-19-16 07:55 PM
    Android does not suck
    Android sucks.

It's a complicated, messy looking OS. Little thought has been given to usability. It's all about having multiple apps each in their own silo. There's little interoperability between apps. Even BlackBerry can't replace the built in notification system with the hub, so you end up with duplication where duplication isn't needed.
    05-19-16 07:55 PM
    Android sucks.

It's a complicated, messy looking OS. Little thought has been given to usability. It's all about having multiple apps each in their own silo. There's little interoperability between apps. Even BlackBerry can't replace the built in notification system with the hub, so you end up with duplication where duplication isn't needed.
    It's getting updates and all the support around the world. It's also doing a better job at optimizing hardware.
    And I'd call that success.
    05-19-16 08:05 PM
    OK to be fair, every freakin' phone looks the freakin' same these days... just a large retangular slab.
    Except a Classic and a Passport.
    05-19-16 08:59 PM
    The next two BlackBerry devices will run on BBOS 7.2
    Well I would look at them before an Android phone, loved all the options in BBOS 7.1
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    05-19-16 09:06 PM
    And here we go: BlackBerry - BlackBerry Hamburg, specifiche e caratteristiche tecniche

That's all ? Is there anything else to say BlackBerry Hamburg? The rumor going around the next two Android devices BlackBerry are many and few leaked by leaders of the Canadian company. But one in particular struck us and is becoming more and more interesting. What is it? It seems that BlackBerry has entered into a partnership with Alcatel for at least one of these devices, namely the Hamburg which should be very similar (if not identical) to the Idol 4 . This should be plausible rumors as BlackBerry needs to cut hardware costs in order to be profitable and also the BlackBerry Hamburg technical specifications are identical to those of Alcatel Idol 4.

Those familiar with this terminal knows how it is equipped with a button on the right side called BOOM button. This allows a whole range of functions. A display can press it to take off quickly with a paper or sequence of photos to display on while we can choose whether to press it to see an animation with weather forecasts, activate the camera, make a screenshot or launch an application. On the BlackBerry Hamburg this button should allow direct access to your handheld with the possibility of organizing different functions with a single click. However we must emphasize that this still remains only a rumor with some details not confirmed. But what do you think?
    05-19-16 09:06 PM
    MamA mia!
    05-19-16 09:14 PM
    Now BB can partner with every Droid Phone maker on the planet and license Blackdroid phones from every phone maker! Brilliant! Whos next Sony?
    05-19-16 09:31 PM
    They should get out of the handset market. It's about time. Years of devices flopping, since the z10...

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 11:54 PM
    June same as hamburg?
    An announcement at the quarterly report would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 01:05 AM
    If true, I don't want an Alcatel phone. Period. Call me stubborn, but I pretty much prefer a Blackberry-designed phone, with mini-HDMI port and better camera, thank you very much.
    05-20-16 02:37 AM
    If true, I don't want an Alcatel phone. Period. Call me stubborn, but I pretty much prefer a Blackberry-designed phone, with mini-HDMI port and better camera, thank you very much.
    The last several BB10 devices have not had a mini HDMI port. And Blackberries have never been known for their cameras.
    05-20-16 05:07 AM
    The last several BB10 devices have not had a mini HDMI port. And Blackberries have never been known for their cameras.
    Even the Priv has a Slimport...
    05-20-16 05:24 AM
    Even the Priv has a Slimport...
    Yes, a micro USB port that you can attach an adaptor to. They don't have separate hdmi ports.
    05-20-16 05:38 AM
    Why would I buy this when I can just put the BlackBerry apps on my whatever Android? THIS is where BB should be going in my opinion. Right now I need a little help from CB's resident hacker "Colbalt" BUT I would gladly pay BlackBerry a few ducats for an official BlackBerry suite )as has been talked about in the past)

Right now I'm using the apps on my Nextbit Robin, but they worked fine on my Nexus 6P also!
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    05-20-16 08:08 AM
    Good point PK... CB members must be familiar with cobalt's thread if they don't like the hamburg they can buy any other android device and install BlackBerry apps
    05-20-16 08:11 AM
    MamA mia!
    You forgot an M, it's "maMMa mia" ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    05-20-16 08:17 AM
    This is nice to know, but I don't think it's really anything new. Did people think BlackBerry was going to be making these in Waterloo or something? What does it matter if it's Alcatel, Foxconn, or who knows who?
    05-20-16 08:50 AM
228 ... 23456 ...