Uh, that's because I was replying directly to Blaize's post insinuating that the two handsets look alike. You should pay more attention.

And beyond that, the specs are run of the mill, and there is nothing "unique" because they are just rumored to be rebranding someone else's phone. So why would I focus on that?
    Lol, reading is a lost art like he has also said. He also said that the "Hamburg" images we've seen are FAN RENDERS and is not the actual device. So he never made any real comments regarding their looks since we still don't know how the BB will look. You should pay more attention. ;-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-19-16 09:32 AM
    This will be my last response to you, but I would once again encourage you to pay attention. Blaize posted the two photos side by side making the assertion that they look alike, which they do not. I then replied....and I quote... "Aside from both phones being slabs, they don't look anything alike? I realize one is just a rendering, but there is just no similarity between those two phones. You can put an iphone, htc, or whatever in place of that alcatel phone and it will look no more, or no less similar. Having said that, the rendering is a pretty classy looking phone.
    05-19-16 10:18 AM
    TIME... that is the real problem. The Idol 4 was released Feb of 2016, the Hamburg is suppose to be the later of the two new Android device... we are guessing at Feb 2017 or sometime just before the end of this fiscal year. By then Alcatel will have the Idol 5, the Idol 4 will be $100 - $150.

BlackBerry is a middleman with very high overhead, thus they are adding a big markup on any device they touch. I think Chen is going to try to account for this by replacing the retailers... but that too will add to their cost of selling these devcies. You will pay a premium to own a BlackBerry...
    Uh you sure about that? Has the Idol 4 even been released yet?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 10:19 AM
    BlackBerry designs beautiful phones, again. And now they want to give up on that too?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 10:25 AM
    Blaze is right about idol 4. I heard similar "rumors" from trusted sources few months back. If they change the front with a grill then I don't think many people will buy it. The grill is too plastic like and very cheap.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 10:27 AM
    So I wonder who will make the PKB phone? There's not one currently like it, so it won't be a rebadge.
    05-19-16 10:39 AM
    Uh you sure about that? Has the Idol 4 even been released yet?

Posted via CB10
    No, it hasn't been. It was set to go on sale from April onward according to most mentions of release date from Mobile World Congress, which makes it even more interesting. Though, a few spots also said June for the release date.
    05-19-16 11:20 AM
    June same as hamburg?
    05-19-16 11:25 AM
    June same as hamburg?
    Exactly. All the little things start adding up when you think about it.
    Erik_1991 likes this.
    05-19-16 11:33 AM
    But then what about the Hardware level security injection?
    05-19-16 11:39 AM
    Hamburg-Vienna-Rome = Mission Impossible!
    05-19-16 11:44 AM
    Hey maybe the Hamburgler can help from McD's
    05-19-16 11:50 AM
    But then what about the Hardware level security injection?
    What about it? It's just a process during manufacturing. Do you think they skipped it when Wistron was building devices for them or Foxconn?
    05-19-16 12:01 PM
    If there is truth to the rumour, the following needs to happen if there's to be any point whatsoever in BlackBerry going this route:

1) Needs to come SOON (no, not BlackBerry PR-speak "soon").
    2) Needs an EXTREMELY competitive price point.

If this happens, great. If not, it's just history repeating.

Posted via CB10
    pstrusi and farmwersteve like this.
    05-19-16 12:04 PM
    interesting indeed. Does BB have the balls to actually sell this device for $400 when you can get the real Idol 4 for like half that price? Guess time will tell
    no they don't more in the 500 dollars range..........than wounder what happened................AGAIN!!!

Chen............do not cloud my mind with facts..............hey we're BlackBerry....

Woof!
    05-19-16 12:15 PM
    If the rumor is true, under current conditions, I don't see any motive to buy a mediocre BB hardware specs android phone. I wish really that Blackberry will begin its comeback as long loyal customer, but I've been feeling disappointed from its bad decisions abandoning constantly its loyal customer with ditched products. I'm aware that the abysmal apps gap is impossible to close with the excellent OS10, so they're forced to go android, but in such competitive market they have to offer high specs, extra BB features, good prices, durable, and the security that the company won't close any time soon.
    Again, if you put all of those desiderata together, you crowd one of them out: the "good price." The "loyal customers" that BlackBerry is trying to hang onto are, in my opinion, the corporation placing orders for hundreds of these things at a time, just like the old days. For those loyal customers, high specs are not essential, but security and stability are, along with the ability to run their productivity apps. Corporations don't want to pay flagship prices for flagship specs; they want utilitarian workhorse phones, as secure as possible with as little downtime as possible.

If and when BlackBerry is able to consolidate its enterprise base with phones like what this Hamburg rumor is shaping up to be, then they can maybe think about something flashy for consumers. As always, they'll be happy to sell these things to the few consumers in the fanbase who will pay a little extra for the BlackBerry distinctives, but there's no way they're launching this with the idea that it's going to reverse their fortunes in the general consumer market.
    05-19-16 12:40 PM
    As long as this keeps them in the game, I'm fine with it!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-16 01:03 PM
    05-19-16 01:17 PM
    This will be my last response to you, but I would once again encourage you to pay attention. Blaize posted the two photos side by side making the assertion that they look alike, which they do not. I then replied....and I quote... "Aside from both phones being slabs, they don't look anything alike? I realize one is just a rendering, but there is just no similarity between those two phones. You can put an iphone, htc, or whatever in place of that alcatel phone and it will look no more, or no less similar. Having said that, the rendering is a pretty classy looking phone.
    So out of the 3-4 paragraphs he typed, this was pretty much the only mention about the (possible) looks of the device:

"Heck, the Idol 4 even looks close to the renders of the Hamburg @DHabkirk created, despite him basing those on the Passport SE/Internal designs."

So... let's just ignore the 4000 other words and focus on that one sentence. :-D

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-19-16 01:31 PM
    Why bother. Just dump the hardware business altogether.
    05-19-16 02:17 PM
    This is what BlackBerry is becoming...

:sad
    05-19-16 02:39 PM
    Why bother. Just dump the hardware business altogether.
    This will probably be the last two phones they make, they will probably be done after there failure. lmao
    05-19-16 02:43 PM
    This will probably be the last two phones they make, they will probably be done after there failure. lmao
    People have been saying this since the Z30.
    05-19-16 03:00 PM
    Well they won't be much longer,
    Last edited by SLFF; 05-19-16 at 03:19 PM.
    05-19-16 03:03 PM
    And Blackberry has been losing money on hardware since then so the people were probably right.
    05-19-16 03:18 PM
228 12345 ...